• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

The only thing that I'm unsure about is the fourth note. "SPスキルブーストと一撃必殺技の入力優先度を修正いたしました。", something about the priority of SP skill boosting?

Sounds like it will modify input priority between EX specials and SB supers. Just guessing, but maybe people had trouble with things like a Yu EX Zio motion becoming an SB Ziodyne because of possible 236 input delay misreads.

Edit: Dengeki article about the update.

Not sure why I don't see the full update notes on ASW's site unless I pass it through Google Translate. Oh wait, just doesn't work with Chrome; so I should correct myself by saying that the newest update on the page isn't what I had seen before (I was confused by what people were talking about, actually).

FluxWaveZ

I still can't believe it took this long for them to do this when their other games had it.

Now we'll get to see stuff develop much faster.

Yeah, though it's apparently still the CP style training mode where the opponent only has selectable with AI and no real custom options to go along with it.

Sophia

So it looks like you get a set period of time in training mode, according to the Dengeki article. The Sho screenshot shows 373 seconds, so I'm guessing you get 400 to 500.

Nachos

Buddha, please. Stop. If I actually die from laughter, I'll be haunting you.

Fun fact: According to the Persona 3 Design works, Hermes was initially Makoto Yuki's Persona. Soejima claims its the reason why it looks a bit too "cool" for Junpei, hahaha.

Huh, never knew that. Guess that explains part of why I think Junpei's the best in P3.

EDIT: Also, I made a Blingee of my own:
CXtxKZB.gif

Oh, as much as I like Chronos, his shoes will always remind me of these:
T5Yd7s1.jpg

Buddha, please. Stop. If I actually die from laughter, I'll be haunting you.

Huh, never knew that. Guess that explains part of why I think Junpei's the best in P3.

EDIT: Also, I made a Blingee of my own:

Oh, as much as I like Chronos, his shoes will always remind me of these:

Yukari's is the most fitting there.

This is probably nothing, but it's something I keep noticing so I want to see what everyone here thinks about it.

I've been looking at the new Persona websites, and at the bottom of each of them there are these rectangles in a line, presumably to link to other sites. Persona 5's site only has one (Persona Channel / p-ch.jp), Ultimax's site has four (Persona Channel, P4U2 Arcade Site, P4U2 Arc Site, Empty Placeholder), and PQ and P4D both have six (Persona Channel and five Empty Placeholders).

I assume Persona 5's page only has one because it's the big attraction, so linking only to Persona Channel is sufficient if people want more information about the series. And Ultimax's last empty placeholder is probably being held for an eventual PS3-version website with information about story, characters, etc.. It's the set on PQ and P4D's sites that have me interested.

I've seen these kinds of link hubs used on other Atlus sites; for example, Persona 3 Movies' site uses them to link to Persona 4 The Animation, Persona Channel, and HappyKuji. And the sites for Persona 3, P3P, Persona 4, P4G, and Arena all use them to link to Atlus-related (and often specifically Persona-related) sites like Trinity Soul, Catherine, Atlus Music, the Atlus online store, etc.. But since Atlus changed their Persona Portal from p-atlus.jp to p-ch.jp, it looks like they're not going out of their way to link to older products/sites anymore (like P1 and P2), so I have to assume that they're placeholders for new stuff.

Assuming that the two sites update with links to Persona 5, PQ/P4D, and Ultimax, that still leaves two empty placeholders left with nothing new announced. What do you think they will be? Persona 3 stage play? New Persona 3 movie(s)? New games? Concerts? I don't think there are any new announcements imminent, and it could just be a simple design choice rather than something deliberately created for new projects, but it seems weird to me that Atlus would put the sites up with all of these clearly empty slots at the bottom, especially when they didn't do that for Persona 5...

fertygo

Man, Eikiichi's Innocent Sin Spoiler
Shadow Fight are so frigging awesome, the best one that I've seen in the series no doubt

So many memorable line too

"She's my girl!" What a guy

Hades's snark to the reverse also really awesome "You merely impostor want to best me?"
I want the personas talking in P5!

Man, Eikiichi's Innocent Sin Spoiler
Shadow Fight are so frigging awesome, the best one that I've seen in the series no doubt

So many memorable line too

"She's my girl!" What a guy

Hades's snark to the reverse also really awesome "You merely impostor want to best me?"
I want the personas talking in P5!

Now you get why I think Hades is perfect for Eikichi!?

FluxWaveZ

This is probably nothing, but it's something I keep noticing so I want to see what everyone here thinks about it.

I've been looking at the new Persona websites, and at the bottom of each of them there are these rectangles in a line, presumably to link to other sites. Persona 5's site only has one (Persona Channel / p-ch.jp), Ultimax's site has four (Persona Channel, P4U2 Arcade Site, P4U2 Arc Site, Empty Placeholder), and PQ and P4D both have six (Persona Channel and five Empty Placeholders).
phoenix-thinking(b).gif

Interesting point about the placeholders; I hadn't noticed that before. But...

And Ultimax's last empty placeholder is probably being held for an eventual PS3-version website with information about story, characters, etc..
phoenix-document(b).gif

I don't think this is true simply because of the website's URL. The only difference between the original P4U website and this one is that the "p4u" became a "p4u2", leading me to believe that this will be the official site for the console game. Add to that the fact that it's advertised as such with the "Summer 2014 for PS3" headline and the fact that ASW's handling the arcade only website. They'll probably update the website when they feel the need to.

Assuming that the two sites update with links to Persona 5, PQ/P4D, and Ultimax, that still leaves two empty placeholders left with nothing new announced. What do you think they will be? Persona 3 stage play? New Persona 3 movie(s)? New games? Concerts? I don't think there are any new announcements imminent, and it could just be a simple design choice rather than something deliberately created for new projects, but it seems weird to me that Atlus would put the sites up with all of these clearly empty slots at the bottom, especially when they didn't do that for Persona 5...
phoenix-normal(b).gif

I pretty much agree with your deduction that the placeholders would be related to upcoming projects we don't know about and that there would still be two empty placeholders on the PQ and P4D sites if we were to account for links to P5, P4U2 and PQ/P4D. It's odd to think that those would not already have been added if that's what some of the placeholder were for, too.

Stage plays don't sound like something I'd expect at all unless it had Atlus' official backing or something. I don't think it'd be for new P3 movies given that multiple websites for multiple P3 movies would prove cumbersome and that the second movie's being advertised on the P3M site already.I doubt there are any new Persona game announcements that we don't know of coming up soon because of their reveals about three weeks ago that have 2014 pretty much covered unless those placeholders are only precautionary for projects to be announced in the distant future. You mentioned "Atlus Music" and "Atlus online store" being similar links on previous sites before, so those might be the kinds of things to expect even though it might seem that they would not link to older websites right now; it just might be that they simply haven't gotten around to adding those links yet. If not, unannounced multimedia projects sound likely, like a new anime, new concert website or something of the sort.

I don't think this is true simply because of the website's URL. The only difference between the original P4U website and this one is that the "p4u" became a "p4u2", leading me to believe that this will be the official site for the console game. Add to that the fact that it's advertised as such with the "Summer 2014 for PS3" headline and the fact that ASW's handling the arcade only website. They'll probably update the website when they feel the need to.

Hmm... I didn't realize that about the original P4U website. You're probably right then, p-atlus.jp/p4u2 will become the main site for the console version, especially with, as you point out, Arc handling the arcade sites.

It's odd to think that those would not already have been added if that's what some of the placeholders were for, too.

I doubt there are any new Persona game announcements that we don't know of coming up soon because of their reveals about three weeks ago that have 2014 pretty much covered unless those placeholders are only precautionary for projects to be announced in the distant future.

It does seem strange that Atlus wouldn't have already linked their sites together using these hubs, especially because they all link back to Persona Channel already. Clearly they meant to house links, just no links yet... And yeah, I doubt we'll see any further Persona game announcements anytime soon, so it could be that Atlus is simply thinking ahead to future projects they have lined up for 2015 and beyond (like, say, an ultimate version of Persona 3 to coincide with the release of the final movie...)

Good thoughts, Flux-- thanks!

Levito

Banned
New Tales game confirmed, already plans for western release.

...Which means Atlus is not bringing over the new Persona games confirmed. I know because my dad works at Atlus and got me the rare holofoil Mara.

Yeah, I saw it was only 144 pages but I lovelovelove P3. Is the actual content good? Wish I had money when the Soejima book was up.

I really enjoyed it. The artwork is of course great to have collected, but the staff interviews are really the best part. Among other things, they go into detail about choosing the game's themes are creating the "new" style of Persona.

kewlmyc

New Tales game confirmed, already plans for western release.

...Which means Atlus is not bringing over the new Persona games confirmed. I know because my dad works at Atlus and got me the rare holofoil Mara.

What is this based off of? Someone thinks the games aren't coming over because Zestiria got confirmed today?

Caladrius

What is this based off of? Someone thinks the games aren't coming over because Zestiria got confirmed today?

That was a joke. (The joke being that Namco almost never does worldwide releases and therefore the only reasonable explanation is that Persona 5's localization had to be forcibly sacrificed to the elder gods to make that happen.)

Acid08

Banned
Never have I been more excited for a fighting game story than the actual game itself :p

Does Yukari's original English actress still doing VO work? I hope they get her to come back.

Never have I been more excited for a fighting game story than the actual game itself :p

Does Yukari's original English actress still doing VO work? I hope they get her to come back.

Michelle Ruff? Yeah, she definitely still does VO work. They have got to get her back to voice Yukari. No compromise on that.

Michelle Ruff, her VO, still does voice work, I wouldn't be surprised.

Junpei's VA, Vic Mignogna will most likely return too.

She was just in Atlus' SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers earlier this year, and I bet she was in SMTIV somewhere as well.

FluxWaveZ

She doesn't really fight I guess? You can't have tears and bad poetry be a weapon.

Because man. There's a few reasons like she doesn't have a persona, and when the game takes place.

Oh, so specifically as a playable character then? Because none of that shows that she couldn't have another role, like in the story or as a navigator.

And FeMC having a better shot is ridiculous.

Sora_N

Random question about p4. Is there any downside if I dont want to fuse my Izanagi Persona or is there a way to make another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom