• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be late for this buuuut:

Soejima's Personae are miles ahead of Kaneko's (excluding Hades...Hades is amazing)

They're all just so symbolic and amazing. If I could romance Jiraiya I would.

fertygo

Might be late for this buuuut:

Soejima's Personae are miles ahead of Kaneko's (excluding Hades...Hades is amazing)

They're all just so symbolic and amazing. If I could romance Jiraiya I would.

Gqx0DoJ.png

I really disagree either for that saying Soejima's persona design sucked thugh

I really disagree either for that saying Soejima's persona design sucked thugh

Nah dawg Apollo looks like a weird circus acrobat cowboy.

Overall Keneko's personae are kinda simplistic and don't represent their characters as much as Soejima's. I mean, lets compare Hermeses (Hermi? Hermae?):

tumblr_mttfynNJ2z1rdbmhco1_500.png

Really Heavy on the air-force theme with the turbines everywhere and like a rocket ship caduceus or something. Not sure what any of that has to do with Jun. This is more of a futuristic re-imagining of the Greek god Hermes, rather than a reflection of Jun's inner self.

Hermes from P3 is half medieval knight (the helmet, the lower half of his torso and legs) representing Junpei's romanticism and bravery, and half super-hero (the H logo on his chest, and the upper half of his torso are so super-heroey its not funny) also representing Junpei's desire to be seen as a hero and to be in the lime-light, and his need to fight because he thinks its the only good he can do to society. All the while portraying the Greek god, Hermes (with wing motif)

Soejima is the winner.

Overall Keneko's personae are kinda simplistic and don't represent their characters as much as Soejima's. I mean, lets compare Hermeses (Hermi? Hermae?):

Really Heavy on the air-force theme with the turbines everywhere and like a rocket ship caduceus or something. Not sure what any of that has to do with Jun. This is more of a futuristic re-imagining of the Greek god Hermes, rather than a reflection of Jun's inner self.

Hermes from P3 is half medieval knight (the helmet, the lower half of his torso and legs) representing Junpei's romanticism and bravery, and half super-hero (the H logo on his chest, and the upper half of his torso are so super-heroey its not funny) also representing Junpei's desire to be seen as a hero and to be in the lime-light, and his need to fight because he thinks its the only good he can do to society. All the while portraying the Greek god, Hermes (with wing motif)

Soejima is the winner.

Man, I never even noticed that H on Hermes before.

The more you know.

PK Gaming

Soejima is the winner.

Agreed, for the most part. That said I actually want to make a case for Apollo; I feel like it strongly ties into Tatsuya's character.
It represents the time he spent in the Masked Circle and the bond that he made with his friends (where he knew his friends by mask only).
it also represents the Persona concept, with the literal mask, haha. It's a shame the other P2:IS Ultimate Personas don't do a nearly good enough job at representing the source character. ...the others don't do nearly a good enough job, sadly.

Fun fact: According to the Persona 3 Design works, Hermes was initially Makoto Yuki's Persona. Soejima claims its the reason why it looks a bit too "cool" for Junpei, hahaha.

fertygo

Soejima is the winner.

The design came across as toyish in most part, which reflecting how Jun cherish his childhood time (big part of his background story) and looked unique and polished that give many subtlety in Jun's personality, rather shy, elegant..

His number 2 persona is more straigh-forward at the symbolysm

And I'm sorry this badass over here is on whole another level than that Junpei Persona

Stay losing, Junpei.

Moonlight

Banned
I actually prefer Junpei's Hermes over Trismegistus, actually. Hermes as he is originally is a really fantastic design, but Trismegistus doesn't really do much to change it, except... over-design? I guess that's a problem with most of the evolved Personae in general. That said, Trismegistus is still much better than Jun's Personae.

Also, it's amazing fun to say.

EMT0

Banned
The design came across as toyish in most part, which reflecting how Jun cherish his childhood time (big part of his background story) and looked unique and polished that give many subtlety in Jun's personality, rather shy, elegant..

His number 2 persona is more straigh-forward at the symbolysm

And I'm sorry this badass over here is on whole another level than that Junpei Persona

Stay losing, Junpei.

1000x cooler than either of Jun's Personae.

Stay losing, Jun.

I like to think that we're evolving now. Progressing to our final form, even. These Persona wars are so refreshing compared to the waifu wars of old.

PK Gaming

I was furious when Hermes evolved into Trismegistus, but i've grown to like it. It represents the
life he gained from Chidori
and his overall growth as a result of that. Dat philosopher's stone.

Moonlight

Banned
Are you actually saying that Caesar is worse than Polydoofus?

there can be no arguments when the other party is so clearly off their rocker

Nope, but its still baddddd
Its just upgrade due to how horrid polydoofus are.

Granted I used to think polideuces is cool until I realize he have hairrrrr

Wow this pretty much Big O, Kaneko version

Polydueces doesn't look cool in ANY context.

The only Soejima personae I didn't like were some of the second tier from 4. I thought Ametarasu was bland, and I didn't get why the hell Kamui had a weird missile sticking out of his butt when it could have easily been place elsewhere. But both of these were fixed with the third tier personae in Golden, Sumeo Okami>Ametarasu. Kamui Moshiri>Kamui.

fertygo

I thought Sumeo Okami only adding hair in Amateratsu's bald head.

Edit : holy shit, SYMBOLISM
Its reflecting to how Yukiko finally free from her stress that gonna make her bald

Marche90

Polydeuces looks quite bad, tbh, but to be fair, a few Personas in 3 looked either just ok or unremarkable.

As PersonaGAF passes through finals, let us remember the wise words of Kanji
tumblr_mwp1rek7B31slaiblo1_500.jpg

Just need to know if I get a passing grade on a single subject and I'm out for the year... Almost there...

cj_iwakura

I say this as someone considers EP one of my favorite RPGs ever:

2's Persona designs are silly. Memorable, but silly. 3's are a lot more cohesive. (For the most part, Take Mikazuchi and such being exceptions.)

1's, now those are ace.
Houri_P1.png

FluxWaveZ

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/important.html

This was linked on Twitter. Looks like a new patch for P4A2. On December 19th.

Am I reading that right? Are they adding a training mode to the arcade game alongside Sho?

I had passed it through the Google translator when it first went up, but mostly ignored it because I interpreted the results as though it was a bug fix of some sort for some possible graphical glitches I had seen or maybe Liz's glitch.

A training mode alongside SHO could make sense.

Sophia

I had passed it through the Google translator when it first went up, but mostly ignored it because I interpreted the results as though it was a bug fix of some sort for some possible graphical glitches I had seen or maybe Liz's glitch.

A training mode alongside SHO could make sense.

As far as I can tell, outside of training mode and Persona-Sho, it's all pretty much bugfixes. :S

I am curious as to how this training mode will work.

The only thing that I'm unsure about is the fourth note. "SPスキルブーストと一撃必殺技の入力優先度を修正いたしました。", something about the priority of SP skill boosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom