• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BbR2INUCUAAAVKm.jpg

Come on partner, show me your fighting skills. Unless you want to bore me.

Caladrius

Random question about p4. Is there any downside if I dont want to fuse my Izanagi Persona or is there a way to make another one?

You can make another one later, but you'd have to level grind it up to your current level.

Also S. Yu looks like he's going to rip someone's intestines out and eat them.

Necrovex

How would some of you feel if Atlus brought in Kanye West to handle some of the vocals for P5? After listening to Yeezus, I certainly would be interested in seeing how he would handle it.

Acid08

Banned
How would some of you feel if Atlus brought in Kanye West to handle some of the vocals for P5? After listening to Yeezus, I certainly would be interested in seeing how he would handle it.
Kanye as the new Velvet Room assistant. Also Kanye as every other character.

Necrovex

I would be confused, mostly.

Why would he do that at all?

This isn't a practical question; it's a theoretical question. The likelihood of Kanye lending his voice to video games, much less Persona 5, is very low. I enjoy seeing what others would think if he did such a thing.

Kanye as the new Velvet Room assistant. Also Kanye as every other character.

The ideal Igor replacement. Time to put some diversity in Persona 5!

Caladrius

At least it isn't Chris Brown.

I kid, but I would be mildly annoyed because his and Meguro's sound don't mesh at all.

cj_iwakura

A thing I got gifted:

jf0NZen.jpg

(The Vita camera is WORLDS better than the 3DS'.)

Udon really outdid themselves on it.

Kaneko Works III next, please!

Question Re:p3FES. I'm three hours into the game, have control over what I want to do after school, and can go to Tartarus when I want. At the moment I have 3 persona(Pixie, Asparas, and Orpheus)and I am wondering should I fuse asap or let the persona level up a bit before fusing? Also, what item gets rid of tired status? That sucks.

Gazoinks

Question Re:p3FES. I'm three hours into the game, have control over what I want to do after school, and can go to Tartarus when I want. At the moment I have 3 persona(Pixie, Asparas, and Orpheus)and I am wondering should I fuse asap or let the persona level up a bit before fusing? Also, what item gets rid of tired status? That sucks.

Always fuse always always always fuse.

ALWAYS FUSE.

AAAALWAAAAYS FUUUUSE.

Personae take a really long time to level, so unless you have a skill they learn you want to use in a fusion, always fuse. Do not be afraid of fusion. Always fuse. Fuuuuuse.

That would involve having a vocalist that's actually good, and "good vocals" isn't really a thing the Persona series is about.

Because man. There's a few reasons like she doesn't have a persona, and when the game takes place.

Neither does Normal Sho, apparently, and yet.

I can't believe anyone wants to have Kanye involved in anything. He is an egomaniac and an idiot. Comparing himself to Nelson Mandella...? Somebody put a sock in that fool's mouth.

Nachos

Hey--an excuse to speak to her now. tee-hee :D

Speaking of which, did you guys ever look into getting Dave Wittenberg on the show? He's one of my favorite voice actors, period, but I wasn't sure how awkward you might think things would be since he's been replaced as Teddie, even if it sounds like it was all down to scheduling conflicts.

Also, it's fun going through P4G and seeing both him and Riegel play other characters from the sound bites recorded from 2008. Wittenberg does a good Izanagi, and it's funny hearing Riegel ham it up as a news reporter. Most funny of all, though, is that Saki's VA clearly voices a bunch of extra characters immediately after she dies off (so much for emotional impact).

Sophia

And a jerk.

He is a jerk, but as we discussed in chat, you do have to admire the amount of effort he puts into his music. He is a rather competent rapper, even if his musical and technical aspects are weak.

a persona is a mask one uses to overcome life's hardships

I find this quote amusing after what we just discussed. >_>;

Speaking of which, did you guys ever look into getting Dave Wittenberg on the show? He's one of my favorite voice actors, period, but I wasn't sure how awkward you might think things would be since he's been replaced as Teddie, even if it sounds like it was all down to scheduling conflicts.

Also, it's fun going through P4G and seeing both him and Riegel play other characters from the sound bites recorded from 2008. Wittenberg does a good Izanagi, and it's funny hearing Riegel ham it up as a news reporter. Most funny of all, though, is that Saki's VA clearly voices a bunch of extra characters immediately after she dies off (so much for emotional impact).

Atlus tends to reuse voice actors a lot. One that always bothers me is in the ending to Persona 3, where Aigis speaks, the scene transitions, and the unnamed NPC that's class representative speaks. They have the same actor, and it's rather obvious.

cj_iwakura

He is a jerk, but as we discussed in chat, you do have to admire the amount of effort he puts into his music. He is a rather competent rapper, even if his musical and technical aspects are weak.

I wouldn't stop at competent, he's brilliant. But it doesn't mean he has to be an ass to people.

Sophia

He's not a brilliant rapper but he's a brilliant producer. The guy can craft a fuckin' song.

Exactly. His rapping is only decent, and the music aspects of his albums are all over the place, but he has the magic touch as a producer. Its what makes him popular and his songs catchy.

How the heck did we get so off-topic to get on rap anyhow....?

.... Oh. Well, I'm sure Atlus wouldn't use someone like Kanye. They prefer their own in-house artists so that they keep full control over the license.

Acid08

Banned
There's rap in P3! It's related!

Actually I really prefer the more hip hop aesthetic in the P3 battle music to the rock stuff in P4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom