• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This and the healthy dose of guitar wailing from SMTIV were amazing. (I personally went through Silent Hill 2 and 3 for the first time this year and loved the hell out of it. Akira Yamaoka is 3good5me)

I'm a newbie-ish fan too. Did Vanilla P4 (the end of last year) to P3 FES to Nocturne to getting SMTIV preordered. Working on getting DDS1&2 and the Raidou games, as well as making all my friends obsessed with the series.

This and the healthy dose of guitar wailing from SMTIV were amazing. (I personally went through Silent Hill 2 and 3 for the first time this year and loved the hell out of it. Akira Yamaoka is 3good5me)

I know that most people champion Silent Hill 2, but 3 is the apex of the franchise to me. There're just so many effective moments in that game that I lost count.

I know that most people champion Silent Hill 2, but 3 is the apex of the franchise to me. There're just so many effective moments in that game that I lost count.

It has super awesome highs, but then it has lows. I like it being a different thing but (SH3 ending spoilers)
The ending sequence was a big letdown with where it went. I dunno. Really felt like it dropped the ball compared to 2's ending being so strong emotionally.
Moment to moment I think they're both super amazingly good though. Perhaps if I'd actually played SH1, 3 could've been better.

Now I'm debating going through 4 and what it supposedly has flaws in. But in any case my PS2 backlog of ATLUS and SH is still going strong.

4 is mediocre. Some effective scares and themes, but also some really awful design decisions and bland characters.

It's worth a look for sure, though. Who knows, maybe you'll like it more than I did!

Meia

SH2 was good, I don't remember much of 3 at all, so I really should play that. Then the rest were bad til Shattered Memories came out and blew me away.....then they got bad again. :(

Lemstar

We can talk about fighting games again.

Alternatively, one of you can do some regressions for my term paper for me - who has Stata installed?

Necrovex

I'm with you, I loved it.
That last 10 minutes. Christ. Didn't see it coming, but makes perfect sense if you think about it.

The original aim for the anime was to be a deconstruction of the magical girl genre, and it massively succeeded on that front,
especially for those final 10-15 minutes.

pan-hime

tumblr_inline_mxv4ds9Ewj1qec1u5.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
The original aim for the anime was to be a deconstruction of the magical girl genre, and it massively succeeded on that front,
especially for those final 10-15 minutes.

The movie hit every note I wanted,
including that very end
. Couldn't have asked for a better 3rd movie from them.

Mondy

Banned
Started P4G yesterday. So far so good. It is true the game gets off to a slow start but I'll definitely stick with it. The Menu system looks amazing on the OLED screen. Those colors, wow.

Seriously, I don't GAD how many other great orchestral suites and stuff came out this year, the sheer Power Rangers-esque cheesy awesomeness of MGR's soundtrack just cannot be topped. I shit myself when I heard its music for the first time. Totally amazing.

Anyways... god I miss the Persona games. I'm too broke to afford a 3ds otherwise I'd get one for SMTIV.

Rest assured I'm getting the damn handheld when Persona Q comes out, though. Perhaps my two most beloved games -- Persona 3 and Etrian Odyssey -- merged into one. omgz

Lunar15

For Revengenance, it's more how the music is used that makes it so special. When you gain the upper hand in a battle, the vocals kick in and it just feels so good.

Monsoon was easily tied for my favorite fight in the game. Man, this game gets almost every single bossfight right, sometimes it's not even fair when you compare it to other games lol

Yeah, the only game that even comes close to Revengeance in terms of boss battles is SotC. I've never played a game before with such consistently excellent fights.

Necrovex

The movie hit every note I wanted,
including that very end
. Couldn't have asked for a better 3rd movie from them.

I really want to see it again. The ending is nearly perfect. I want another Madoka film!

My only problem involves a new character. Since this isn't a Madoka spoiler thread, I'll end this line of thought here.

I am so excited to see the PC release of Revengeance.

Have you guys seen the PS Plus for January? (European one, not sure about the US)
DMC, Borderlands 2; Soul Sacrifice, Blazeblue; Don't Starve.
Pretty good lineup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom