• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSol

Cool! I bought it a couple weeks ago, but I didn't care for it too much. Not really a Assasin's Creed person.

Me too, but i need something LONG to change focus from series for a little, before i get my hands on Persona 2. thought to get Fire Emblem, but i cant unsee this elephant foots (((

pan-hime

How's PersonaGAF today?
Got my Famitsu Aigis today. still more persona stuff on the way.
827375282.jpg

Caladrius

I completed my English final. We were supposed to hit certain notes with our final paper, which was a reflection on the semester.

I gave the criteria a big middle finger and just wrote organically while trying to hit some of the subjects I needed to along the way. It was 15 pages and I'm pretty sure my English teacher is going to want to stab me with a combat knife.I'm also pretty sure it's going to bomb, but I'm okay with that.

Now I get to play my backlog, wheee!

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Get Shinobi. Odin Sphere is great and has breathtaking graphics, but the game itself is a little long in the tooth and drags in the second half. Shinobi is tough-as-nails, but also crazy stylish. It has one of the most well-designed bosses ever, too.

Got'cha.

Also, to those who bought the P4A artbook. how thick is it? how many pages?

Acid08

Banned
So how's the P4 anime? After finishing P4G I'm still craving more from these characters. I've seen a few clips that were kinda.....questionable.

Levito

Banned
This week has been all about giving and taking. On the one hand, I got painful cortisone shots on Monday, and my dog died yesterday evening. On the other hand, I just found out that I'm most likely getting a promotion at work, and I'm pretty pleased with the title card for S.Link FM's 22nd episode.

Still don't think I broke even, but what can you do.

Aw jeez that's terrible to hear your dog died man, that's the worst. :(

Though congrats on the promotion! And yeah your new title card is amazing. haha

Got my Famitsu Aigis today. still more persona stuff on the way.

Looks like Aigis with a dash of Labrys!

So how's the P4 anime? After finishing P4G I'm still craving more from these characters. I've seen a few clips that were kinda.....questionable.

It's great, aside from some pacing issues in the earlier episodes, it's great. It has a lot of cool little easter eggs as well as cool original ideas too. I'd recommend it.

Soma

Terrible art quality and terribly pacing but had some okay moments.

Not a completely awful show by any means but it's just such a mediocre adaption that you could be spending your time on much better anime. But if you want more from the characters that much then I dunno you might find it enjoyable.

Not yet - tuition's only ~$11000 a year at the state university. That'll change if I get into a decent law school, though.

Sorry to butt in, but being from Belgium, hearing someone say "tuition's only $11000 a year" with a straight face just does not compute. Here, the tuition fee for University is only around €600, only €80 even if you're eligible for a scholarship. Adding up all the costs for books and other materials (which can go way down if you can get some of them them second-hand) that adds up to a grand total of ~€1800 a year, which may even be pushing it.

I couldn't even imagine having to pay so much for my education. Seriously, where do you find the money to pay for all that?
Because I'm going to want in on that.

To stay somewhat on topic, does anyone have an idea for when we can expect news on P5?

Daimaou

Sorry to butt in, but being from Belgium, hearing someone say "tuition's only $11000 a year" with a straight face just does not compute. Here, the tuition fee for University is only around €600, only €80 even if you're eligible for a scholarship. Adding up all the costs for books and other materials (which can go way down if you can get some of them them second-hand) that adds up to a grand total of ~€1800 a year, which may even be pushing it.

I couldn't even imagine having to pay so much for my education. Seriously, where do you find the money to pay for all that?

By going crazy in debt via student loans, of course.

Lemstar

Rejoinder: We don't pay 60% in taxes.

Realistically, my parents make more than enough to pay for that. If I needed to, I could scrape by between a part-time job and need-based aid. It's part of the reason I'm not at a private university anymore, though.

If I get into a good law school, that'll probably leave me something like $200,000 in the hole by the time I'm done. I'm trying not to think too much about it.

Setsu00

Rejoinder: We don't pay 60% in taxes.

Realistically, my parents make more than enough to pay for that. If I needed to, I could scrape by between a part-time job and need-based aid. It's part of the reason I'm not at a private university anymore, though.

If I get into a good law school, that'll probably leave me something like $200,000 in the hole by the time I'm done. I'm trying not to think too much about it.

In Germany, there are no tuition fees at all anymore which means I'm allowed to study basically for free since many of the books I need can be found on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom