• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Hey I've been MOA lately, but I come bearing holiday gifts for you all.

(Click image for episode link)

Trueself did the fantastic banner image yet again, so good.

Lordknight was a really cool guy. :)

PK Gaming

A crossover that's been long overdue
tumblr_mvsrzt5RK11qe9g4mo2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvsrzt5RK11qe9g4mo1_r1_500.jpg

Levito

Banned
4 hours and 47 layers later... yeah, I'm pretty proud of this one. But wait until you see what I have planned for the holiday/GOTY episode recording this week (assuming I can pull it off!) :D

Oh Christ I had no idea you put that much time into it man, I feel bad now. >.<

SO MY FRIENDS,WHAT YOU BEEN PLAYIN:

Me? Assassin's Creed Liberation.

It is a very flawed and glitchy game, but it was good enough for me to try to get all the rewards for collecting most of the things in the game.

Getting all the Assassin Persona's collectables:

Getting all the Lady Persona's collectables:

Getting all the Slave Persona's collectables:

Two special hat rewards:

Special Pistol:

Various Trophies:

It is a shame the best look is only used in one mission and you cant use it whenever you want.

In all, this game has many, many issues, such as glitches ahoy:

It is still a pretty good game. Aveline is a more enjoyable protagonist than Connor by a long shot.

I would recommend waiting until the HD version on PC/PS3/360 to try this game though, as the numerous technical failures and glitches, plus the supposed added story content make it the definitive one.

20121030174718.jpg

Gazoinks

Aw man Buddha. Buddha where did that post come from. :p

I've never played an AssCreed game. I've been mainly playing Nocturne, with some Fire Emblem 4 and Project M on the side.

Lunar15

MGR:R is great, but it's not Platinum's best game this year. That goes to Wonderful 101.

MGR is a one trick pony, but that one trick is so satisfying that it fills a whole game. Wonderful 101 is everything and the kitchen sink.

I think MGR could have been better had the team been on it from the start. Since they inherited at least part of it from Kojima's team, there are parts that seem really disconnected. I would love to see a sequel, for sure. Wonderful 101, however, is pretty complete.

I haven't been playing things per se, as much as watching every episode of Parks and Recreation on netflix, with Hearthstone games when I get burnout. Its probably my favorite show ever now.

SO MY FRIENDS,WHAT YOU BEEN PLAYIN

I've been playing a buttload of Pokémon while simultaneously trying not to fail miserably at Volgarr the Viking. I also recently played through all of Ellen Page: The Video Game with a friend, but I've already told you how much of an anustart I think that game is.

Caladrius

Finishing up Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Just got the synthesis Items left to make. Xemnas went down relatively easily. I've beaten all of the superbosses in the series on Critical. PRAISE ME.

PRAISE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

These character models are switched!

Caladrius

Did you beat the Mysterious Figure on Critical without rollspamming?

If so, you've got major balls.

Woah now, I'm not that good. (Note to self, get on that)

I've beaten him (and the rest of the BBS Superbosses) in the international and final mix versions with all 3 characters at least.

I wish 2.5 HD would be out sooner. I'm getting an itch to replay the entire series minus Days and coded.

TWILT

Banned
MGR:R is great, but it's not Platinum's best game this year. That goes to Wonderful 101.

MGR is a one trick pony, but that one trick is so satisfying that it fills a whole game. Wonderful 101 is everything and the kitchen sink.

I think MGR could have been better had the team been on it from the start. Since they inherited at least part of it from Kojima's team, there are parts that seem really disconnected. I would love to see a sequel, for sure. Wonderful 101, however, is pretty complete.
Hmm getting a Wii U this Christmas. Now I REALLY want try out W101 when I get mine. Love me some Platinum games.

cj_iwakura

Woah now, I'm not that good. (Note to self, get on that)

I've beaten him (and the rest of the BBS Superbosses) in the international and final mix versions with all 3 characters at least.

My only bragging right is beating Sephiroth in KH1 at L88 or so. (I gained three more levels and he became a joke.)

Hey I've been MOA lately, but I come bearing holiday gifts for you all.

(Click image for episode link)

Trueself did the fantastic banner image yet again, so good.

Lordknight was a really cool guy. :)

"I've been waiting for this!"

Really been looking forward to this episode

My only bragging right is beating Sephiroth in KH1 at L88 or so. (I gained three more levels and he became a joke.)

I could never beat Sephiroth on Proud mode. I must've fought him 400 times and I never once laid the dirtbag to rest. My friends tease me about it so much that they're making it into one of the running jokes on their webshow -_-;

cj_iwakura

I could never beat Sephiroth on Proud mode. I must've fought him 400 times and I never once laid the dirtbag to rest. My friends tease me about it so much that they're making it into one of the running jokes on their webshow -_-;

Also, I kind of dig his KH1 voice over the uber melodramatic AC/KHII one.

"Come on. Sin Harvest Angel."

He has that calm menace.

Cheska

My brain refuses to accept this. I feel like Bayonetta was so innovative and pure as a an action game, it cannot be topped. Or I should say, it hasn't been topped yet IMO.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently my brain isn't working at all today. I completely missed the "this year" part of that post lol.

Also, I kind of dig his KH1 voice over the uber melodramatic AC/KHII one.

"Come on. Sin Harvest Angel."

He has that calm menace.

It's the Backstreet Boy Factor.

Come to think of it, KH1 was the best with their wacky celebrity voices. I mean, Billy Zane as Ansem? That's the best grade of ham I've ever seen.

Lunar15

Hmm getting a Wii U this Christmas. Now I REALLY want try out W101 when I get mine. Love me some Platinum games.

Warning: It's easily the hardest platinum game to get into. I takes a lot of buying stuff in the store and getting used to the controls in order to be fun, and I will say that it takes much longer than most platinum games.

But man... when it clicks. Dang.

Also, yes Cheska: W101 is fantastic, but I think Bayonetta is still the better game. It's... a really close call though.

Caladrius

Seph on Expert and Proud is pretty tough. Heartless Angel BS aside, the way that fight is put together is superb. (Also, have you tried stocking some elixirs for the fight?)

It's the Backstreet Boy Factor.

Come to think of it, KH1 was the best with their wacky celebrity voices. I mean, Billy Zane as Ansem? That's the best grade of ham I've ever seen.

Zane was fucking incredible.Richard Epcar's decent (and pretty good in the later games) but those shoes simply can't be filled.

Marche90

SO MY FRIENDS,WHAT YOU BEEN PLAYIN:

Me? I've been going through the Story modes of all the P4A characters on and off during these days, since mostly I've been working towards lowering my backlog of anime series, now that classes are over. So far, I've watched 3 or 4, I think? Plus some Breaking Bad here and there.

Jonnax

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I just completed Persona 4 and got the true ending. Which to me perfectly wrapped up the story with a sense of closure that isn't normally seen in the genre.

My question is, is it worth playing Persona 4 Arena for the story or is it a sort of unwelcome sequel?

Jintor

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I just completed Persona 4 and got the true ending. Which to me perfectly wrapped up the story with a sense of closure that isn't normally seen in the genre.

My question is, is it worth playing Persona 4 Arena for the story or is it a sort of unwelcome sequel?

Yes and no.

This is not a helpful answer but by god it is the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom