• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
I was disappointed to find out that the Manga for Persona 4 is not fully translated yet. That it only goes up to Kanji. I know, there is already the game + the animation. I've played Golden twice, seen the Anime once. So there is no reason to really read the Managa. Yet, the other day I found myself wanting to relive the story/world briefly. And so I started diving through the manga quickly. Then I realized it just stopped.

:(

Yo PersonaGAF, we talk about good game music a lot, what's your favorite soundtrack from this year?

Mine are (in no real order):

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Super Mario 3D World
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei 4

I have to say, I think this was a stellar year for game music. A lot of stuff really surprised me. Excited to get more meguro next year, though. He was greatly missed this year.

You nailed it, also it's insane how Meguro was a dude that just showed up from out of nowhere, and then became the best thing to happen to Video game music ever.

cj_iwakura

You nailed it, also it's insane how Meguro was a dude that just showed up from out of nowhere, and then became the best thing to happen to Video game music ever.

He didn't really show up out of nowhere... he's been with Atlus for years and eventually came into his own.

I was disappointed to find out that the Manga for Persona 4 is not fully translated yet. That it only goes up to Kanji. I know, there is already the game + the animation. I've played Golden twice, seen the Anime once. So there is no reason to really read the Managa. Yet, the other day I found myself wanting to relive the story/world briefly. And so I started diving through the manga quickly. Then I realized it just stopped.

:(
Yeah, the Persona 3 one has stopped too. They're pretty good, it's pretty sad that they didn't translate it fully

Lunar15

Honestly speaking, there's been so many good OST's this year that I have no idea which one will win GAF's OST of the Year.

Europe got Bravely Default this year too, right? Because that has an amazing soundtrack and will probably be up for consideration.

Last year I had a hard time picking. My top 3 ended up being Guild Wars 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Xenoblade, which were coincidentally my top 3 favorite games of the year as well.

Honestly speaking, there's been so many good OST's this year that I have no idea which one will win GAF's OST of the Year.

Europe got Bravely Default this year too, right? Because that has an amazing soundtrack and will probably be up for consideration.

I will make alternate accounts to ensure MGR wins.

So if you see ScruffyDingus or ScummyDirtbag around here in the future, play it cool.

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah, the Persona 3 one has stopped too. They're pretty good, it's pretty sad that they didn't translate it fully

I know it's a lot hard work. What a shame. I guess I shouldn't really wait for it to happen. I'll check back in a year and see if anything gets done. Maybe it's time to learn Japanese. ;P

Last year I had a hard time picking. My top 3 ended up being Guild Wars 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Xenoblade, which were coincidentally my top 3 favorite games of the year as well.

Killer Instinct takes it this year, MGR in second.

Dantis

Real Talk: The DDS1+2 OST's might be my favorites of his work. Tough call though.

They're amongst my favourites. Love the battle themes and the opening vocal tracks (I also love the DDS2 credits vocal track, which isn't Meguro). I think they're the first OSTs where Meguro went for a more cool, laid back kind of sound as well as the first OSTs where he started using a more typical song structure and those powerful guitar choruses, which obviously became his 'thing' later on.

TWILT

Banned
Best OSTs this year are easily Fire Emblem Awakening, Metal Gear Rising, and Pokemon XY for me. Shoutouts to Shin Megami Tensei IV and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies as well.

Damn good year for OSTs.

Lunar15

They're amongst my favourites. Love the battle themes and the opening vocal tracks (I also love the DDS2 credits vocal track, which isn't Meguro). I think they're the first OSTs where Meguro went for a more cool, laid back kind of sound as well as the first OSTs where he started using a more typical song structure and those powerful guitar choruses, which obviously became his 'thing' later on.

While I like the pop/rap/modern sounds of the majority of his Persona works, I'd love to see it go back to the more progressive roots of his DDS stuff. It manages to be so chill and intense at the same time. It certainly comes out from time to time, like in The Almighty, for example.

Lunar15

I'm looking forward to playing those at some point. How long are they? Are they each full JRPG length or is more like P2 where the two halves form one big JRPG?

Ironically, I'm the wrong person to ask as I've never actually played them. I just love the soundtracks.

I'm planning on remedying this over the time I took off for Christmas.

Dantis

I'm looking forward to playing those at some point. How long are they? Are they each full JRPG length or is more like P2 where the two halves form one big JRPG?

Short-ish. 40-50 hours between the two of them.

I blasted through the second one, but hit a total brick wall on the second to last boss and literally had to grind for something like six hours.

Ironically, I'm the wrong person to ask as I've never actually played them. I just love the soundtracks.

I'm planning on remedying this over the time I took off for Christmas.

You're a bad person.

Gazoinks

I blasted through the second one, but hit a total brick wall on the second to last boss and literally had to grind for something like six hours.

Awesome, I'll get to it after I finish Nocturne... Which may take a while.

They're both about 30~40 hours, depending on how much you have to grind, They are similar to P2, but moreso, in that you could even go so far as to say that they are disc 1 and disc 2 of a game called Digital Devil Saga.

Lunar15

You're a bad person.

I'm gonna do it soon ;_;

I've been very late to the Atlus party. I only just played Nocturne this year right before SMTIV.

kewlmyc

Yo PersonaGAF, we talk about good game music a lot, what's your favorite soundtrack from this year?

Mine are (in no real order):

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Super Mario 3D World
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei 4

I have to say, I think this was a stellar year for game music. A lot of stuff really surprised me. Excited to get more meguro next year, though. He was greatly missed this year.

Metal Gear Rising and...... that's it for me I guess. Of games I didn't play, Killer Instinct seems to have good music.

I'm gonna do it soon ;_;

I've been very late to the Atlus party. I only just played Nocturne this year right before SMTIV.

I just played Nocturne in September, and working my way through DDS, so don't be hard on yourself. Actually, after playing through Tail Concerto this year, I actually want to go through some of other non-SMT/Persona games that Atlus devolped or published.

My first Atlus game that I ever played was either Devil Survivor on the DS or Riviera:The Promised Land, I got them around the same time

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I bought Shinobi and Zone of the Enders yesterday.

Man, Shinobi is tough as balls. and as for Z.O.E, I want more! I wish it was longer though. well,I might buy the 2nd runner too. b/c people are saying it's the better one.

Caladrius

Super Mario 3D World had my favorite soundtrack of the year, but to be fair I didn't play that many games and I have a raging hard-on for Jazz.

And my favorite Persona related song is Soul Drive. Four and a half minutes of Lotus Juice just going nuts on the microphone to an amazing, funky background track.

Also 444th post in this thread. '__';;;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Super Mario 3D World had my favorite soundtrack of the year, but to be fair I didn't play that many games and I have a raging hard-on for Jazz.

And my favorite Persona related song is Soul Drive. Four and a half minutes of Lotus Juice just going nuts on the microphone to an amazing, funky background track.

Also 444th post in this thread. '__';;;

Inorigo has been banned for a week and no one has passed him at the top.

stepitupsenpai.jpg

Caladrius

Inorigo has been banned for a week and no one has passed him at the top.

stepitupsenpai.jpg

Ipshmar en ke herbsckeberbish

...I think I just distilled the essence of my posting style.

I'll probably get passed sooner or later. Flux is out for my number and my posting has slowed down across GAF as a whole thanks to FFXIV....

Similar situation here, only replace FF 14 with "past 6 years of PS3 games." And I'm just barely ahead of... Dantis!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom