• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the latest podcast:

5q2j.png

Lunar15

PersonaGAF: I've failed you!

I totally forgot that EOIV proooobably had one of the best OST's this year. It's up there. God, this year is so tough to figure out.

EDIT: aughghhg I forgot Guacamelee was also this year. This is going to be an extremely difficult top 3 to make.

Squire

Banned
Don't go causing mischief again, y'here? You almost missed the Christmas podcast!

Welcome back! Your absence was felt.

Thanks guys. Goes both ways. I was getting antsy!

Hi Jin

About the latest podcast:

5q2j.png

LordKnightCast was great. Epic title card, TrueSelf!

I hope someone learned a very important lesson about venturing into "Guy Said A Thing" threads.

Those kind of threads are the kind of threads where you have to be very careful about how you word your post. And never get passionate about it. Ever.

Yeah, I definitely made a note for the future.

PK Gaming

Welcome back Inorigo

(I spent so much time looking for the Mitsuru sprite with the smug smile, I couldn't come up with a better post)

Soma

Those actors look pretty decent, surprisingly (especially Mitsuru).

Junpei though seems a bit... off. I dunno. Maybe a bad angle?

EMT0

Banned
I'd cast my votes for Fuuka and Mitsuru being the only ones done really well. The rest are decent, but something feels off for them. Although them being more lanky would probably help a lot, IMO. The male MC always struck me as being mostly skin and bones.

Marche90

Both protagonists look great, as does Mitsuru and Fuuka. Junpei and Akihiko though.... holy crap!

Indeed, those two look great.

Also, Hi, Ino, welcome back.

Mmm... Looks like I'll spend even less time here than before. My laptop had a very "litlle" malfunction involving a weird burnt smell and some smoke coming out of it... it seems that its time has come. RIP, my companion for 2 years (the laptop itself is from 2008) :(

Cheska

I'd cast my votes for Fuuka and Mitsuru being the only ones done really well. The rest are decent, but something feels off for them. Although them being more lanky would probably help a lot, IMO. The male MC always struck me as being mostly skin and bones.

Completely agree about Fuuka and Mitsuru. Junpei and Akihiko look frighting honestly.

fertygo

Damn dat IS ending

I need all of those sad sprite, buddha ;__;

And for those that curious
Of course I smack the bastard

RebelDwebble

Neo Member
Um, hey there folks. After months of waiting, I finally had my account accepted, and after another month of lurking I guess I'm finally making my first post at the behest of a certain Devilish GAF member. That very same person was the one who got me into Persona about a year ago, lending me his PlayStation Vita and a copy of Persona 4 Golden stupidly close to grade 12's exam time. Needless to say the game sucked me in and I pumped ~80 hours over the span of a week. I fell in love with the game, and one of the bonus features in Golden inspired me to go off and major in psychology in university this year. Later that friend lent me his vita again along with Persona 3 FES, and once again I tore thought that game in a jiffy and loved (almost) every second of it. I also played Arena, but aside from spamming Teddie Screw I was kinda terrible at it...

My favourite character in the series has to be Shinji, who without a doubt has to be the manliest character in the game, because you simply can't beat smacking enemies upside the head with a bus stop sign, amirite? (Adachi is a close 2nd)

So yeah, I'm kind of a greenhorn when it comes to NeoGAF, but from what I've seen thus far that Devilish cad is right, you guys look like a lot of fun and I'll try and get over my shyness and join in the discussion about one of my favourite game series of all time.

Gazoinks

Um, hey there folks. After months of waiting, I finally had my account accepted, and after another month of lurking I guess I'm finally making my first post at the behest of a certain Devilish GAF member. That very same person was the one who got me into Persona about a year ago, lending me his PlayStation Vita and a copy of Persona 4 Golden stupidly close to grade 12's exam time. Needless to say the game sucked me in and I pumped ~80 hours over the span of a week. I fell in love with the game, and one of the bonus features in Golden inspired me to go off and major in psychology in university this year. Later that friend lent me his vita again along with Persona 3 FES, and once again I tore thought that game in a jiffy and loved (almost) every second of it. I also played Arena, but aside from spamming Teddie Screw I was kinda terrible at it...

My favourite character in the series has to be Shinji, who without a doubt has to be the manliest character in the game, because you simply can't beat smacking enemies upside the head with a bus stop sign, amirite? (Adachi is a close 2nd)

So yeah, I'm kind of a greenhorn when it comes to NeoGAF, but from what I've seen thus far that Devilish cad is right, you guys look like a lot of fun and I'll try and get over my shyness and join in the discussion about one of my favourite game series of all time.

Welcome!

PK Gaming

I don't know who you're talking about, but he sounds like a total bro.

Welcome :)

Gazoinks

EP's ending is like a punch to the gut

It's beautiful though, and my favorite ending in a Persona game

Yeah. I do regret not finishing the game itself, but if I went back to it it wouldn't have been for quite a while and I really did want to see the ending of the story without forgetting everything.

Overall I liked IS's cast a little bit more, but EP has the better story. Both have great endings, but EP's especially.

Moonlight

Banned
You know, I'm going to be real, IS's ending confused me more than made me feel actual things, really. Felt more meanspirited than anything. Which I imagine was kind of the point, but the whole idea of tragedy is that it's something entirely and immediately preventable if only a few mistakes weren't made. I don't really think that was ever the case with IS. Or ever really felt like it, at least. I get that 'meanspirited' was sort of the point, especially taking into account the villain in question and EP, but... not the biggest fan.
All of them colliding at the train stop was pretty cool though.

I don't exactly have a tremendous opinion of IS's endgame in general, though, so... yeah.

P3 still has the best ending of a Persona game.

Gazoinks

You know, I'm going to be real, IS's ending confused me more than made me feel actual things, really. Felt more meanspirited than anything. Which I imagine was kind of the point, but the whole idea of tragedy is that it's something entirely and immediately preventable if only a few mistakes weren't made. I don't really think that was ever the case with IS. Or ever really felt like it, at least. I get that 'meanspirited' was sort of the point, especially taking into account the villain in question and EP, but... not the biggest fan.
All of them colliding at the train stop was pretty cool though.

I don't exactly have a tremendous opinion of IS's endgame in general, though, so... yeah.

P3 still has the best ending of a Persona game.

I can understand that. Honestly, most of the weight of IS's ending just came from me being attached to the cast
which is ripped apart
then any of the real plot elements in the ending itself.

fertygo

I didn't like P3's ending that much, maybe big part of it because I already inevitably spoiled, because yo I finish the damn game in 2013..

I feel IS ending had much better build-up though, P3 ending SPOILER
Makoto dying still sort of random for me

Man, we're talking about tragedies, muting Maya was the biggest tragedy of P2.

Completely agree with this. Horrible horrible decision.

I'm almost to the last dungeon in my playthrough, if the gods allow I'll finish it tomorrow or at worst on Friday.
So far I liked Innocent Sin waaaay more than Eternal Punishment. I still need to see the ending of course but no matter how amazing it will be I highly doubt it will be able to recover and surpass IS.

The actors look mostly fine (apart from Junpei and Akihiko, hopefully those are just bad shots of them), but I really like the costumes. It's always cool to see hand-drawn stuff recreated for things like theater or film, especially if done well. Too bad this show won't ever leave Japan...

Welcome! Any friend of Scrafty should fit in juuuust fine here. But tell me, what are your thoughts on Yukari?

EMT0

Banned
too many new people here in sunny old personagaf

TIME FOR A CULLIN'.

Let's start with the people on fire! They're clearly the ones that will last shortest and just leave a charred corpse in the corner of PersonaGAF. We'll even put a little plaque about you that reads:

'Here lies Jintor. In life, he was on fire. In death....he's kind of still on fire'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom