• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=47

The Persona channel is also advertising the ASW live stream that'll happen tomorrow and also makes mention of whatever announcement they have planned late in the show, so I wonder if this means that the announcement will be in some way tied to Atlus or if it's just to promote their partner company's announcement.

Last time ASW teased an announcement during their BBCP emergency broadcast, it was a GG Xrd loketest, but the ASW Nico Nico page's wording of the tease is slightly different this time and makes no mention of "that title" like it did the last time.

I kind of liking making Maya mute so far, served nice contrast to IS IMO

What an odd opinion.

The Persona channel is also advertising the ASW live stream that'll happen tomorrow and also makes mention of whatever announcement they have planned late in the show, so I wonder if this means that the announcement will be in some way tied to Atlus or if it's just to promote their partner company's announcement.

Last time ASW teased an announcement during their BBCP emergency broadcast, it was a GG Xrd loketest, but the ASW Nico Nico page's wording of the tease is slightly different this time and makes no mention of "that title" like it did the last time.

What an odd opinion.

So new character?

Meia

If it is a new character, you'd have to imagine it to be the one we already saw the sprite of and saw at the end of the newer trailer, right? I mean, do we think they're adding even more to the roster?

And yeah, IS SPOILZ
punched the hell out of Philemon as well. Yes, he did something to stop the end of the world, and even bring Maya back to life by doing so, but it was this game that you don't even know WHY is being played that got her killed in the first place, as well as caused all the suffering you just went through in the game. Being used as a chess piece sucks.

SPOILZ FOR p3 -
I really don't think the character from 3 had any real control either, and it made it seem like IS in retrospect. I mean, that contract itself was bullshit. You take responsibility for your actions? Which ones? The ones that made it so you get Death sealed inside of you, cause that's kind of not your fault. The one that made you release Death and bring about the end of the world? Yeah, that also really kinda wasn't your fault, was it? OOOO, how about becoming the Great Seal in the first place! But was that really a choice? Here, I'm going to point a gun at all of your loved ones' head. Kill yourself or I kill them, and then kill you anyway cause I can. CHOICE!

If it is a new character, you'd have to imagine it to be the one we already saw the sprite of and saw at the end of the newer trailer, right? I mean, do we think they're adding even more to the roster?

And yeah, IS SPOILZ
punched the hell out of Philemon as well. Yes, he did something to stop the end of the world, and even bring Maya back to life by doing so, but it was this game that you don't even know WHY is being played that got her killed in the first place, as well as caused all the suffering you just went through in the game. Being used as a chess piece sucks.

SPOILZ FOR p3 -
I really don't think the character from 3 had any real control either, and it made it seem like IS in retrospect. I mean, that contract itself was bullshit. You take responsibility for your actions? Which ones? The ones that made it so you get Death sealed inside of you, cause that's kind of not your fault. The one that made you release Death and bring about the end of the world? Yeah, that also really kinda wasn't your fault, was it? OOOO, how about becoming the Great Seal in the first place! But was that really a choice? Here, I'm going to point a gun at all of your loved ones' head. Kill yourself or I kill them, and then kill you anyway cause I can. CHOICE!

I guess the action they wanted you to take responsibility for was being the only person in your family to wear a seat-belt.

fertygo

What an odd opinion.

Like Buddha said :eek:

But yeah, I actually have no problem with it.. The whole thing about Maya taking turn with
Tatsuya
is oddly charming for me, especially this time theme is about "blank state" so first person Maya are very fitting.

PK Gaming

You know, I'm going to be real, IS's ending confused me more than made me feel actual things, really. Felt more meanspirited than anything. Which I imagine was kind of the point, but the whole idea of tragedy is that it's something entirely and immediately preventable if only a few mistakes weren't made. I don't really think that was ever the case with IS. Or ever really felt like it, at least. I get that 'meanspirited' was sort of the point, especially taking into account the villain in question and EP, but... not the biggest fan.
All of them colliding at the train stop was pretty cool though.

I don't exactly have a tremendous opinion of IS's endgame in general, though, so... yeah.

P3 still has the best ending of a Persona game.
I understand how you feel. IS's ending
felt kind of abrupt? You managed to overcome the final boss, but then out of the blue the conspiracy b1tch one shots Maya. There's no build up to it, it just happens. That's not say that Maya's death wasn't foreshadowed. It was, it's just the execution was off... That said, the ending is the reason why EP's story is so good. You might think you understand the term "Innocent Sin" but it will take on a whole new meaning in Eternal Punishment.

Overall, I enjoyed it for what it was (I had a mini freak out on IRC haha)

I'm eager to see your reaction to EPs ending. The ending is so poignant.

Wouldn't a Persona-related announcement from ASW just be reminding fans about the December 19th update of Sho and Training Mode being added to the arcade?

FluxWaveZ

Wouldn't a Persona-related announcement from ASW just be reminding fans about the December 19th update of Sho and Training Mode being added to the arcade?

No, that's what the stream's about. What ASW and Atlus are teasing is an announcement at the end of the stream which is already related to the 1.01 update.

No, that's what the stream's about. What ASW and Atlus are teasing is an announcement at the end of the stream which is already related to the 1.01 update.

Ah, I see. Well now I'm looking forward to it. haha Half wondering if they'll announce
Adachi
as a playable character, due to the trailer reveal and popping up in the arcade mode.Definitely a popular enough character, at least.

cjkeats

They arrived in time for Xmas!
Od8JICJ.jpg
VEw4XEL.jpg
Didn't think they were actually official merch. Anyways, I think the misses will be pleased with them. She still makes bear puns regularly -____-

kewlmyc

I hope it's a new character, but probably not.

Didn't think they were actually official merch. Anyways, I think the misses will be pleased with them. She still makes bear puns regularly -____-

Your gf is lucky to be getting such a bearfict gift.

Setsu00

I miss Maya's wonderful optimistic dialogue in Eternal Punishment. Makes me wish they went throught with the initial plan and made her a full character in the PSP port...

Concerning the ending of IS:
Punching Philemon in the face felt cathartic. In the end, I guess he's only a little better than Nyarlathotep. Nyarlathotep maybe an ass, but at least he's honest about it unlike Philemon who is just as responsible for the mess that is Persona 2.

Dantis

Yes the ending of IS was supposed to be mean spirited and stuff..I liked that ending a lot. I like EP better than IS though.

Different people see it differently, I guess. Personally, I found it very uplifting, and the scene at the station at the end was exactly the kind of thing I've come to associate with Persona as a franchise.

By the way, Mike, up for some DOA some time over the next few days? Can try and get CT to play too.

Different people see it differently, I guess. Personally, I found it very uplifting, and the scene at the station at the end was exactly the kind of thing I've come to associate with Persona as a franchise.

By the way, Mike, up for some DOA some time over the next few days? Can try and get CT to play too.

It was uplifting, but the scene before the train station was very screwed up yo.

and yea im down

Sound. I also got Dynasty Warriors 8 from Tecmo because their community guy (Chin) is best ever. If it's no good, I'm blaming you.

I have a good feeling you wont. Oh and Chin is a bro man, I used to talk with him a bunch before he became a Koei employee, when he was just running a Koei fansite. Man how come Koei EU is so much better.

Cute! I'm sure she'll love them. Imagine the increase in bear puns now that she has a possible prop to use when making them! (Hope the puns don't become overbearing for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom