• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabant

So in my ongoing first playthrough of P3 FES I just got Koromaru as a team member.

I knew what needed to be done.

JkdtFhU.png

Acid08

Banned
Seriously though, having a badass little grey shiba in your party is awesome. Kinda makes mysterious fox from PS4 looks like a damn pansy.
Agreed that Koro is awesome. But come on now, Mysterious Fox ain't no joke either. Dude sells leaves that heal, he's got bricks in the hood. Dude don't play.

Also what's your avy of? It looks familiar.

I need to ask something of you guys.

So, I'm applying to a new univeristy in order to follow my dreams of becoming a journalism, and part of my application for both a scholarship and a voice program requires me to submit a 10-15 minute-long voice acting project that proves that I both can speak with a good "radio voice" and also direct people in such a fashion.

Me being the big nerd that I am, I've chosen to voice my own version of hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic. The only problem is that a good deal of my friends are unable to help me out by filling voice roles, meaning that I'll need to do a different project with fewer voices if I can't find people to help me out.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is: would anyone be willing to take on one or more roles in order to lend me a hand? You don't have to worry about sounding exactly like the character or being super professional-sounding at all, since A) the person judging me probably won't be familiar with P4 so they won't know what the characters are supposed to sound like, and B) I'm being judged more on my organization and understanding rather than the pure quality of the video.

RebelDwebble and PK have already volunteered to help out and will be voicing Adachi/The Fox and Yosuke respectively. I myself will be playing Yu and several of the incidental male characters, meaning the following roles still need to be filled:

Chie (I've contacted someone I know irl who may be interested in playing this character, but I've received no response)
Yukiko
Kanji
Dojima
Nanako
Teddie
Naoto (she only has like one line though)
Yumi
Ayane
Kou and Daisuke
Igor

Once again, it doesn't have to be professional. If you're willing to lend me a hand, then just have fun with it! Thanks a lot for your consideration, folks, and sorry for clogging up the thread if this stuff doesn't interest you in the slightest.

This sounds awesome I down for any male parts.

So in my ongoing first playthrough of P3 FES I just got Koromaru as a team member.

I knew what needed to be done.

JkdtFhU.png

wowooooooooooo.

Tamanon

Banned
Considering how easy most dogs seem to scare, I'm shocked he wasn't just summoning a Persona all over the place. Like when the doorbell rings.

Zabant

Agreed that Koro is awesome. But come on now, Mysterious Fox ain't no joke either. Dude sells leaves that heal, he's got bricks in the hood. Dude don't play.

Also what's your avy of? It looks familiar.

It's the logo from my twitch/youtube channel.

the font is commonly used though, it's karmatic arcade, might have seen it in the scott pilgrim game or many other places

fake edit: PSSHHH Could mysterious fox summon Cerberus as his persona? I THINK NOT. Much agilao

So, I'm applying to a new univeristy in order to follow my dreams of becoming a journalism, and part of my application for both a scholarship and a voice program requires me to submit a 10-15 minute-long voice acting project that proves that I both can speak with a good "radio voice" and also direct people in such a fashion.

Me being the big nerd that I am, I've chosen to voice my own version of hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic. The only problem is that a good deal of my friends are unable to help me out by filling voice roles, meaning that I'll need to do a different project with fewer voices if I can't find people to help me out.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is: would anyone be willing to take on one or more roles in order to lend me a hand? You don't have to worry about sounding exactly like the character or being super professional-sounding at all, since A) the person judging me probably won't be familiar with P4 so they won't know what the characters are supposed to sound like, and B) I'm being judged more on my organization and understanding rather than the pure quality of the video.

RebelDwebble and PK have already volunteered to help out and will be voicing Adachi/The Fox and Yosuke respectively. I myself will be playing Yu and several of the incidental male characters, meaning the following roles still need to be filled:

Chie (I've contacted someone I know irl who may be interested in playing this character, but I've received no response)
Yukiko
Kanji
Dojima
Nanako
Teddie
Yumi
Ayane
Kou and Daisuke
Igor

Once again, it doesn't have to be professional. If you're willing to lend me a hand, then just have fun with it! Thanks a lot for your consideration, folks, and sorry for clogging up the thread if this stuff doesn't interest you in the slightest.

I would be willing to help you with any of male roles there, so I'll PM you. And it sounds like fun.

Tamanon

Banned
The joys of looking at all of my stuff and trying to decide what to keep and what to pack for the move. I think I'm finally going to start selling my RPG collection from back in the day. :| I mean, I never hook up that SNES or PSOne and we're all moving towards downloadable rereleases of much of them.

PK Gaming

I finally did it:

phoenix-confident(a).gif

Now part of the < 0.1%! Also have a better understanding of playing each character now, which is nice.
1-ani-edgeworth-down.gif

You actually did it...! I was thinking about getting a platinum in P4A, but that trophy stopped me dead in my tracks.

Congrats! I'm so jealous, haha.

PS: If any theme were to play, it would be Objection 2013...

FluxWaveZ

What's tougher, finishing score attack or all the trials?

The former by a very, very, very large extent. The trophy rarity pretty much represents that with the "Combo Crazy" trophy having a 0.3% rarity. It's a bit hard to compare it to the "C'est Magnifique!" one because I'm pretty sure the rarity minimum is 0.1%, so it's probably realistically less than that. In any case, the trials aren't nearly as difficult.

Pretty much why I did it first. Now I need to finish Arcade mode with all the characters and finish off the few trials I have left to get the P4A plat.

PS: If any theme were to play, it would be Objection 2013...

Heh, indeed. Well, at least any Objection! theme but 2002's (has to be my least favorite in the series).

Jintor

Yukiko
Kanji
Dojima
Nanako
Teddie
Yumi
Ayane
Kou and Daisuke
Igor

I'll put my hand up for Kanji, Dojima, Igor

Moonlight

Banned

Yukiko
Kanji
Dojima
Nanako
Teddie
Yumi
Ayane
Kou and Daisuke
Igor

I think I'd be interested. For... Kou or Daisuke, I guess. Maybe Kanji, too. Keeping in mind that I don't have any experience at all in this.

Zabant

Liking the aigis character so far reminds me very much of

it's like getting to know someone you have heard of but never spoke to, seen her image floating around gaf and other places for years.

Out of sheer curiosity, who would be your ideal English voice actor for Sho Minazuki?

Probably Travis Willingham. The dude's got a pretty flexible voice and a great sense of humour, meaning he could even contribute to the character's puns writing!

Plus, the dude needs something to do since his only Persona character is non-canon ;P

FluxWaveZ

Out of sheer curiosity, who would be your ideal English voice actor for Sho Minazuki?

I don't really have an actor preference, but someone who could potentially perform a good young, bratty, self-confident voice would be Aaron Spann or Jason Griffith. If it would be another case of a BlazBlue voice voicing the new character like Labrys, I could see Doug Erholtz working. He also had a voice in Catherine.

Neoxon

Probably Travis Willingham. The dude's got a pretty flexible voice and a great sense of humour, meaning he could even contribute to the character's puns writing!

Plus, the dude needs something to do since his only Persona character is non-canon ;P
I can definitely see Travis pulling off the more sinister tone of Sho with a Persona. However, Sho without a Persona sounds more sarcastic.

If they cast Travis, I'd prefer if he uses his Knuckles voice for Persona-less Sho, & his Zavok voice for Sho w/ a Persona.

I think I would want Kirk Thornton.

Isn't he Shadow & Adam Warlock (Marvel character, major player in the Infinity Gauntlet arc, & founding member of the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy)?

Marche90

I finally did it:

phoenix-confident(a).gif

Now part of the < 0.1%! Also have a better understanding of playing each character now, which is nice.

Excellent :bow :bow

As someone who hasn't managed to get past Yosuke, you have my absolute respect.

Also, hi everyone, greetings from beyond. What have I missed?

Huge thanks to everyone who volunteered to help with my thing! I R-E-A-L-L-Y appreciate it!

It seems that a lot of people are interested in playing the same characters though, so I suppose we should hold auditions or something :)

You folks wouldn't happen to know any females who would he interested in helping with something like this, would you? I've asked 4 of my female friends so far and none have been interested. Still waiting on a response from one of them, though!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom