• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And remember: Philemon gives you a chance to make things right. More than Nyarlathotep would do. I thanked him.

Well, mostly right. Sorry Tatsu.

Thanking him was maybe a bit too much, but still better than hitting him. If it were me I would have silently walked away without looking at him.

Jintor

There's something weirdly off about the feel of the ui so far in these additional vids... like it doesn't feel as snappy or something....

Was hyped to see the p4 crew get their own intimidating shadowy pose session though

His text box name says: 有里 湊

Which translates to Arisato Minato

If I had to guess, it's a placeholder name for the trailer. I'm betting that the protagonists will still be player-named in Persona Q. I'm digging around on the updated site, and the graphics related to both Makoto Yuki and Yu Narukami are "p3_hero_main.png" and "p4_hero_main.png," respectively. Narukami has been the canon name for both The Animation and Arena, and yet he isn't named as such in the site assets, so I don't think the P3 protagonist will be either Makoto Yuki or Minato Arisato.

Obviously this isn't proof, but in P4G's Shadow World opening Narukami is called "Hero" and you had to name him, and on Persona 4 Dancing All Night's site he's called "Persona 4 Hero" as well. I'm not sure why they'd choose to name him in certain media and not others, but I still think this means we'll be naming him and the P3 Hero in these games. We'll see, though.

EDIT: There are some nice almost full-body renders on the updated site, too. So if anyone wants an avatar for one of the currently available characters (Makoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Shinjiro, Narukami, Chie, Yosuke, Yukiko, Zen, and Rei) please let me know. Hopefully they'll add the others soon, as I know a couple of people who really want a good Naoto one, so I'll be keeping an eye on the site and ripping what I can.)

Ladies and gentlemen, robots and ghost dads, I present, our text log of shame, basically, what the PersonaGAF IRC was saying when the Atlus reveal event was going down. Much rage, shame, sadness and glory inside:

http://pastebin.com/index/NVj6Nj7V

Damn what a night that was!

I'm still mad at Atlus for not showing Persona 5 on the monitors... seriously, why???
I see from the log that it was a total meltdown here tough XD
I kinda wish I had a voice recorder with me on the train back home...
Then I got home, took a shower *still mad*, turned on the computer and saw the Persona 5 trailer!

Lunar15

Damn what a night that was!

I'm still mad at Atlus for not showing Persona 5 on the monitors... seriously, why???
I see from the log that it was a total meltdown here tough XD
I kinda wish I had a voice recorder with me on the train back home...
Then I got home, took a shower *still mad*, turned on the computer and saw the Persona 5 trailer!

Wait, they didn't show the P5 trailer on the monitors? Dang, and I thought we were pushed to the limit.

Also, was that Lotus Juice at the very end of both of those songs?

FluxWaveZ

Apparently Persona Sho's arcana is the Moon, but the picture is cropped somewhat suspiciously.

Nope!

Persona Q, Persona 4 Arena 2, Persona 4 Dance and then back to the usual cow and tropical location ads....

That's what I had thought, at least, but there was someone else in this thread who suggested that P5 was shown at certain other monitors. Sounds messy.

That's what I had thought, at least, but there was someone else in this thread who suggested that P5 was shown at certain other monitors. Sounds messy.

Don't know about that. I was at Studio Alta in Shinjuku which is probably the most popular of these monitors in the whole country.
And perhaps the most expensive, which maybe is why they didn't show it there but they did on others.
But then again, why not cut P4A2 instead?

Meia

EDIT: There are some nice almost full-body renders on the updated site, too. So if anyone wants an avatar for one of the currently available characters (Makoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Shinjiro, Narukami, Chie, Yosuke, Yukiko, Zen, and Rei) please let me know. Hopefully they'll add the others soon, as I know a couple of people who really want a good Naoto one, so I'll be keeping an eye on the site and ripping what I can.)

Still want a Chie one, but so far the only real images we've seen of her have been all the same pose that's on the site as well, and there's at least two others in GAF using those. Time to play the waiting game. :p

At any rate, it's still silly to just have Minato in the trailer to begin with, especially with the moving now already having aired over there. It'd be like naming Yu Souji in the game.

...actually that would have been kind of neat if they did. Then reveal the last boss to be Minako or something, just because screw canon. :p

Swedesu

If I had to guess, it's a placeholder name for the trailer. I'm betting that the protagonists will still be player-named in Persona Q. I'm digging around on the updated site, and the graphics related to both Makoto Yuki and Yu Narukami are "p3_hero_main.png" and "p4_hero_main.png," respectively. Narukami has been the canon name for both The Animation and Arena, and yet he isn't named as such in the site assets, so I don't think the P3 protagonist will be either Makoto Yuki or Minato Arisato.

Obviously this isn't proof, but in P4G's Shadow World opening Narukami is called "Hero" and you had to name him, and on Persona 4 Dancing All Night's site he's called "Persona 4 Hero" as well. I'm not sure why they'd choose to name him in certain media and not others, but I still think this means we'll be naming him and the P3 Hero in these games. We'll see, though.

Yeah, the name doesn't really matter to me that much. However I would like for at least the one you're not playing to be named since having two characters running around only being called senpai or dude or whatever would feel kind of odd, at least in my opinion.

Minato for canon name though ;P

Still want a Chie one, but so far the only real images we've seen of her have been all the same pose that's on the site as well, and there's at least two others in GAF using those. Time to play the waiting game. :p

Aww, the waiting game sucks-- let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

chie_satonaka___personaq_avatar__transparent__by_darkside989-d6ymq2u.png

LX_Theo

Banned
lol. I'm looking at the character descriptions for Persona Q, and apparently Google translate has the translation for Inaba as "eight rice feathers".

Wait, they didn't show the P5 trailer on the monitors? Dang, and I thought we were pushed to the limit.

Also, was that Lotus Juice at the very end of both of those songs?

That was definitely Lotus Juice! Very distinct voice as well as the only english voice in the trailer

cjkeats

Persona Q looks so damn good. Everything about it I love. Really can't wait to see more gameplay footage.
I'm still crossing my fingers for drawable maps.

Setsu00

P3 Trailer:

The P4 gang is confused about the appearance of SEES but is glad that they helped them. Naoto concludes from the uniforms that SEES is from Gekkoukan High while Minato expresses his astonishment at the strength of the Investigation Team. Margaret is surprised that there are two Wild Cards and wonders whether it has something do with divine protection/ kago.
Minato concludes the trailer with a monologue about finding the one self you like the most and argues that you can only find out who you really are when you have other people in your life.

P4 Trailer:

Apparently, SEES is just as surpised about the Investigation Team as they are about them. Junpei kinda freaks out seeing how strong the IT is.
Yu tells Yosuke that they should collaborate with SEES since they share the same goal right now even though they have their individual targets as well. Yu then waffles something about a promise he gave Yosuke and Teddie, but I didn't get it. Sorry.

I guess I'll translate all the text in the in text boxes later if you guys are interested, but keep in mind that my Japanese is no way near perfect.

Levito

Banned
New trailer were pretty awesome, surprised we're seeing new stuff already. Releasing in Japan sooner rather than later maybe?

I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED.

Forever salty.

Ooooh Dannyboy~, you should play fun games--IE: The opposite of David Cage games, was worried when you were saying Beyond had redeeming qualities. *snrk*

FluxWaveZ

Heh

SHO's instant kill is so brutal, he completely eradicates his opponent. Kind of reminds of S.lab's IK in a way.

Actually, what I like a lot about S. Lab's is that it's practically the polar opposite of complete eradication. What makes hers so awesome is that it's focused on torment and that it's probably the only IK in which the opponent isn't really physically injured. Instead, they're sent to hell, trapped in Asterius' grasp forever.

Lunar15

PQ looks great. I'm stoked.

Yes, it's going to be all fan-service and probably nonsense, but whatever! It's not a mainline game, so go nuts! I need junpei to hit on Margaret. It's essential for my life.

Gazoinks

At least we'll never have to hear Persona 5 3DS ever again. EVER. So all is right with the world.

But where was already a Persona game on 3DS so now P53D is so likely! :p

Still looking forward to PQ. I do agree with people saying that the dialog presentation feels kinda flat, but the game itself seems like it'll be fun times.

Did anyone see the new ATLUS Faithful Newsletter? The Holiday Greeting one, because it looks we got some hints toward an announcement for Devil Survivor 2: Break Record localization.

EMT0

Banned
Did anyone see the new ATLUS Faithful Newsletter? The Holiday Greeting one, because it looks we got some hints toward an announcement for Devil Survivor 2: Break Record localization.

This localization was completely and totally unexpected. But hey, I'm more or less in gimme mode for Atlus atm so....

Zg8xZbj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom