• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

tumblr_mi8zkhBeXl1r54lr6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mi8zkhBeXl1r54lr6o2_250.jpg
tumblr_mi8zkhBeXl1r54lr6o3_250.jpg

tumblr_mi8zkhBeXl1r54lr6o4_500.jpg
Just another stellar P4G scene

Zabant

What the fuck?! I was basically a whirling dervish tearing the shit out of everything in block 4 of P3 FES and this sleeping table boss just roflstomps my party in 2 moves, this mid boss seems extremely out of place.

Edit: Thank god, just got a crit on turn one and it's over.
Glad I didn't have to deal with that.

Caladrius

Also, photoset of PerSHOna's (pffft) insta-kill

This is a perfectly normal and good-spirited persona. Yes-sir-ee.

What the fuck?! I was basically a whirling dervish tearing the shit out of everything in block 4 of P3 FES and this sleeping table boss just roflstomps my party in 2 moves, this mid boss seems extremely out of place.

That's a roadblock for a lot of people. Rakukaja, Homunculi and Me Patra are important to have on hand.

Daimaou

....you said her.

Depending on the game, Mara is referred to as male or female. Though I think it's only really SJ where they refer to Mara as female. SMTIV does in the compendium (since it's the same as SJ's), but doesn't in the lead up to the boss fight.

Finished up December in P4G.

Feel like I'm done with the game, but looks like theres a still a stretch left. Was opting to visit the Marie dungeon a good idea?

Squire

Banned
It's good.

I hope you have a pad for your PC, though.

Yeah, my 360 is unplugged, so I'm just gonna use that pad. That's where I played the demo and it felt great.

$16 is a great price for those PG mechanics. Too bad I've almost exclusively heard the level design is lousy.

Tiu Neo

Bought that Rising game you nerds are always yammering about.

Better be good.

I would buy it, but on the store page there's a message saying that if I buy it, it's just playable on Latin American countries. No problem for me now, and I can understand why they did that (it costs something like $13 here), but made me wait to see if there's some extra DRM included on it.

Meia

Has anyone posted these new PQ videos yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDDxBsRXp4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv3_J9FqgD8

It's very cool that it plays the same track in both, but with each game's respective vocalist on it. I love that kind of thing.

Very nice idea to have the trailers be two sides like that, since that's what the game's presentation will supposedly be like. Hopefully they keep doing that with the trailers.

June is about what I expected the release to be. I just wonder when Atlus USA will make ANY announcement about when this stuff is coming over. The radio silence since the whole Sega thing(about new persona stuffs) has gone down is troubling.

Daimaou

The chibi presentation for dialogues looks emotionless and dull. Music seems nice though.

damn this chibi presentation really pulls me of the game. it feels soulless for me

Not a fan of the presentation, either. I don't think it's the art style at fault, though. I think the models are just not lively enough or high enough quality for those kinds of close up shots. P4 and P3 got around this through liberal use of Soejima's art during conversation or what have you. This just feels like a step back.

Dantis

Not a fan of the presentation, either. I don't think it's the art style at fault, though. I think the models are just not lively enough or high enough quality for those kinds of close up shots. P4 and P3 got around this through liberal use of Soejima's art during conversation or what have you. This just feels like a step back.

Pretty much. Presentation looks surprisingly poor to be honest. The battle presentation looks much worse than P3 and P4.

Wait, P3 MC is named Minato in the trailer. Sup with that?

No way! Seriously?

kewlmyc

His text box name says: 有里 湊

Which translates to Arisato Minato
It probably started in development before the movie (or had all of the voice acting done before they could confirm names with the director)? Still gonna be hella confusing.

todd360

Ok canon be damned. Consider me hyped. All aboard the hype train. Obligatory nothing stops this train.
except no merica release.

Similar feelings on my part, up to preferring IS's cast.
I did punch Philemon though. Sure Nyarly is the real villain, but the only reason all this happened is because he made some sort of bet about human potential with him.

Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment spoilers:

From what I understood of it, the bet wasn't made for kicks. Nyarla wanted to destroy humanity, Phile said "wait... let's give them a chance" in an attempt to delay Nyarla and possibly change his mind. Plus the direct responsible for the killing of Maya was Nyarla.

When the moment came to make the choice I didn't feel like lashing at him.
He's certainly not to be complimented but still punching him felt a bit too much.

When the choice came up again in EP I totally chose to punch him just to create a Time Paradox! :p

cj_iwakura

Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment spoilers:

From what I understood of it, the bet wasn't made for kicks. Nyarla wanted to destroy humanity, Phile said "wait... let's give them a chance" in an attempt to delay Nyarla and possibly change his mind. Plus the direct responsible for the killing of Maya was Nyarla.

When the moment came to make the choice I didn't feel like lashing at him.
He's certainly not to be complimented but still punching him felt a bit too much.

When the choice came up again in EP I totally chose to punch him just to create a Time Paradox! :p
And remember: Philemon gives you a chance to make things right. More than Nyarlathotep would do. I thanked him.

Well, mostly right. Sorry Tatsu.

Kazzy

Ladies and gentlemen, robots and ghost dads, I present, our text log of shame, basically, what the PersonaGAF IRC was saying when the Atlus reveal event was going down. Much rage, shame, sadness and glory inside:

http://pastebin.com/index/NVj6Nj7V

It was really fun to be ahead of the curve when that trailer broke. Reading the reactions when you were all sitting on your hands. My word!

I still haven't uploaded that raw footage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom