• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Unless Persona Q or Persona 4 Arena 2 are either being released in NA in 2015 or never, they are most probably already working on those games.

They're obviously working on it (hence JP's visit to the US offices last month), I just meant that they're probably focusing on letting Daylight have the limelight rather than PQ and P4A2. Daylight has a Q1 release.

Nachos

You folks wouldn't happen to know any females who would he interested in helping with something like this, would you? I've asked 4 of my female friends so far and none have been interested. Still waiting on a response from one of them, though!

Thanks again!

I was actually asking my sister about this yesterday. She's a huge fan of Naoto and has a voice I think could be pitched down to fit Naoto really well (whenever she's not being a bigger goofball than I am), so as long as it doesn't have to be someone from GAF, I'll see if I can record something with her.

Although, maybe her GAF account will be approved soon, so if you see an Alpaca Groove, that's her.

Has anyone posted these new PQ videos yet?
Oh man, those videos are whatever (since let's face it; EO games are hardly about the spectacle, although the 3D models from the 3DS game are really well animated). What I'm really drooling over is that Q clearly uses the burst gauge from 3 and 4, instead of the boost gauge from 1, 2, and Untold.

Squire

Banned
Why couldn't Atlus announce Persona Q for the west yet? I wants it. D:

Might here about it in April if history repeats itself.

Probably too busy with Daylight.

Daylight looks cool.

Oh yeah. That's the survival horror game I always forget about. I should probably start caring about it more now that I'm getting a PS4....

What pushed you over the edge?

Edit: Daylighy, PQ, and P4A2 all have their own demographics and platforms, so neither of those should be holding another back.

Sophia

What pushed you over the edge?

Nothing? I always intended to get a PS4. It was simply a matter of money and acquiring one, and that got solved when my extended family offered to get it for me as a Christmas gift.

Really, the only question is if Sega will not fuck us around as far as my buying PQ is concerned.

Sega won't be involved with PQ. This is an Altus product meaning Atlus will be handling it. :p

Squire

Banned
Nothing? I always intended to get a PS4. It was simply a matter of money and acquiring one, and that got solved when my extended family offered to get it for me as a Christmas gift.

Oh, I didn't realize. Thought you were one of the people waiting for the library to grow. What games are you getting to start?

Nachos

Really, the only question is if Sega will not fuck us around as far as my buying PQ is concerned.

If they're publishing Devil Survivor 2 under Sega, then I doubt a game in a series with a bigger fanbase is going to be stopped, either. If anything, I'm more concerned about proper entries in the Etrian series, as worse comes to worse, those'll be the first to go.

Caladrius

I have the money for a PS4 right now but I'm not sure if I want to buy one until either Kingdom Hearts 3 or the first hardware revision.

Caladrius

You're talking about 2-3 years re: KH3.

Very true. Though It's probably been in development since early 2012. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

KH aside (I promise I'll stop bringing it up), have there been any known hardware failures on the PS4?

I was actually asking my sister about this yesterday. She's a huge fan of Naoto and has a voice I think could be pitched down to fit Naoto really well (whenever she's not being a bigger goofball than I am), so as long as it doesn't have to be someone from GAF, I'll see if I can record something with her.

Although, maybe her GAF account will be approved soon, so if you see an Alpaca Groove, that's her.

That would actually be amazing, thanks. Is it possible that she could play one other character too? I don't mean to be overbearing, but I'll gladly take as much help as I can get ^_^;

Fun things are fun! Just look at those Jojo's poses!
PHhptle.png

The next thing you're going to say is: "These poses sure are fabulous"!

Acid08

Banned
Ugh, USPS is killing me. Tracking says my P3 Design Works is out for delivery but the mail just came and it wasn't there. What the hell.....

Edit: whew false alarm. Dude came back around and delivered the book and my Lego Bossk keychain. Fucking weird.

Oh sweet!

Who's who so far?

I haven't really gotten down to deciding, to be honest >_>

So far the confirmed roles are:

Me: The Narrator, Yu, and incidental male characters
PK: Yosuke
RebelDwebble: Adachi and The Fox
Jintor: Dojima
HeavenSmiley: Shadow Teddie and possibly Igor
HeavenSmiley's sister: Naoto and possibly Nanako
StarSketch: Possibly Chie and Yukiko
TheTrueSelf: Kou
Moonlight: Daisuke
kewlmyc: Possibly Kanji and Teddie

Any roles available:

LX_Theo
Lord Scrambles
Red The Hunter

If you want to play a certain role, would you mind sending a sample recording my way? I'd like to be able to make educated desicions ^_^;

Jintor

So just when I open up audacity to do a little experimenting my neighbour decides it's exactly the right moment to start testing his brand new chainsaw

Nachos

So how does everyone think each character might work in Q? Considering each set of characters was designed independently, I definitely think there could be some redundancies, especially since having different elemental attacks isn't that much to differentiate the characters. It's also curious to see that Yu actually has more max SP than Yukiko, which has never been the case. Plus, the fact that there's a turn counter seems like it'll emphasize fast battles, since like EO, there'll probably be super strong shadows patrolling about that move a square forward with every turn passed.

If you want to play a certain role, would you mind sending a sample recording my way? I'd like to be able to make educated desicions ^_^;

Oh yeah, do you have a specific deadline for this?

Hey guys, I'm sorry that this is a bit late, but if the tracks in the PQ trailers are how Persona tracks are gonna sound in the future, I'm totally hyped to hear some Persona 5 music.

Edit: Oh man, the track in the Persona 4 trailer is even better. I'm really excited to hear new Meguro tracks now.

FluxWaveZ

Hey guys, I'm sorry that this is a bit late, but if the tracks in the PQ trailers are how Persona tracks are gonna sound in the future, I'm totally hyped to hear some Persona 5 music.

Not sure those are great points of reference, actually. Both trailer songs seem to specifically aim to be reminiscent of the games they represent while Shoji Meguro explicitly stated that the style of music would change if there was a Persona 5.

Acid08

Banned
Not sure those are great points of reference, actually. Both trailer songs seem to specifically aim to be reminiscent of the games they represent while Shoji Meguro explicitly stated that the style of music would change if there was a Persona 5.
Hmmm. I wonder what this means. As long as I get my catchy tracks with female vocals it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom