• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Dantis does exist. I'll say it in Red Text if need be.

PDbK1H9.gif

FluxWaveZ

Hmmm. I wonder what this means. As long as I get my catchy tracks with female vocals it's all good.

Well, every Persona game has its own style of music so it's not too surprising. Even Catherine's music was unlike the Persona games for the most part and it was amazing.

Hmmm. I wonder what this means. As long as I get my catchy tracks with female vocals it's all good.

Well said. I'm just glad to hear new Meguro.

So what would you want in the next game since P3 is Hip Hop-ish and P4 is JPop-ish

I'd like to hear Meguro go more towards a Jazzy sound (I really liked the brass in the trailer music). I'd also be totally down for music in the vain of this, when it's appropriate of course.

FluxWaveZ

I want something straight Rock-ish, I don't know, but the red color and the thing about fighting against slavery screams Rock to me.

Hm, interesting. It could fit the symbolism of chains and the potential concept of "fighting against the power" too, perhaps.

Don't really have a preference myself, but whatever it is is sure to be great.

PK Gaming

So how does everyone think each character might work in Q? Considering each set of characters was designed independently, I definitely think there could be some redundancies, especially since having different elemental attacks isn't that much to differentiate the characters. It's also curious to see that Yu actually has more max SP than Yukiko, which has never been the case. Plus, the fact that there's a turn counter seems like it'll emphasize fast battles, since like EO, there'll probably be super strong shadows patrolling about that move a square forward with every turn passed.

Well, given the large discrepancy between his HP stat and hers, it's possible that Yu is simply at a higher level than her. Yukiko had low HP, but not so low to the point where her health is literally dwarfed by the other characters. We also have to consider that the listed HP/SP values might not their maximum stat (Yukiko might have taken damage / used a spell for example).

In regards to your second point, it's worth noting that the characters might have similar elemental attacks, but they're distinct in the secondary & tertiary skills they learn. For example Junpei & Yukiko share an element, but Junpei's a physical attacker with Raku-buffs, and Yukiko's a magic attacker with healing skills.

I really hope the Persona Q characters have their full skillsets. It would be a crime not to have the characters at their full & accurate potential.

As an aside, I'm eager to see what kind of skills they give to Yu's / Makoto's Persona. It seems like they're committed on making Makoto an Fire user, so perhaps Orpheus might pick up a fire resistance? (It currently has 2 weaknesses and zero resistances)

As an aside, I'm eager to see what kind of skills they give to Yu's / Makoto's Persona. It seems like they're committed on making Makoto an Fire user, so perhaps Orpheus might pick up a fire resistance? (It currently has 2 weaknesses and zero resistances)

This

They'll definitely end up buffing Orpheus from his P3 self and I'm excited to see what they do with it. As to Yu he's probably gonna be a Jack-of-all trades magic/physical damage user.

Sophia

So is P3P worth playing after going through P4Golden? I've heard it can be a little frustrating in comparison.

It's not really all that frustrating. You'll miss a few minor UI improvements, and the better graphics, but beyond that it's pretty similar gameplay and story wise.

Definitely worth playing if you enjoyed P4.

Acid08

Banned
I really wish I could recommend FES to people who have only played P4. It really is the best version of P3 but the automated party members seem to turn so many people off to P3 and that's not what I want. I want people to play it.

FES is the best way to experience everything that isn't combat :/

I really wish I could recommend FES to people who have only played P4. It really is the best version of P3 but the automated party members seem to turn so many people off to P3 and that's not what I want. I want people to play it.

Agreed

cj_iwakura

I disagree, I think the game is based around party control, and having full control makes it too easy. And you can easily exploit the AI to basically do what you want, then adjust around it. It makes it fun.

Acid08

Banned
I disagree, I think the game is based around party control, and having full control makes it too easy. And you can easily exploit the AI to basically do what you want, then adjust around it. It makes it fun.
Personally, I agree with you.

But I'm talking about recommending a P3 version to people who have only played 4. I'd argue that a vast majority of those people would be super turned off by not being able to manually control all their party members.

FireSol

I have po disagree. P4 is better game, yes P3 in some moments have better story and gameplay mechanics like different physical damage types, but overaly P4 is better

FluxWaveZ

Persona Sho's arcana is indeed The Moon compared to the normal one who, as we know, is The Sun. Still haven't seen Elizabeth's even mentioned, even though it's most probably
The Fool.

His GG color is also Zappa, which probably makes sense given that Sho's probably possessed or something akin to that.

S. Link FM was a blast tonight. It was great hearing everyone's picks for GOTY, and I learned that I can't go on a podcast without ranting ad infinitum apparently!

80hours later, finally completed the last of the Persona installments.
Persona 4 does fix a bunch of the issues I had with P3, but still neglects others (read: dungeons).

Though there are a handful of very anime trope-y moments (anything Teddie or the bathouse sequences), the cast was interesting, well developed, and refreshing. My only complaint is Marie who is 1) looks like a bad deviantart design, b) the worst tsundere character I've ever came across, and c) terribly shoehorned into the whole narrative. On the upside - Adachi, Dojima, and Nanko were some of the best NPCs in the franchise thus far.

oh, almost had a heart attack in November when
Nanako went into a coma when I was just about to max out her social link. Thought I lost my chance :(

Time to hunt down a cheap PAL copy of P4 Arena

Persona ranking time:
P2 IS/EP > P4 > P1 > P3 Journey >>>>>>>>>>>> The Answer

Fou-Lu

Definitely going to play P3P now, I am having Persona withdrawal already. The first two games don't have social links do they?

Dantis

I imagine as a fan of the rest of the Megaten series I will still enjoy them though?

There's definitely content in there to enjoy, but the gameplay is pretty poor (Though still completely playable) and they're very much products of their time.

I finished Persona 1 and Innocent Sin a couple of years ago, and I didn't regret buying them at all.

Squire

Banned
There's definitely content in there to enjoy, but the gameplay is pretty poor (Though still completely playable) and they're very much products of their time.

I finished Persona 1 and Innocent Sin a couple of years ago, and I didn't regret buying them at all.

Big Rigs on PS2 is completely playable.

Dantis

Just watched a boss fight video from Drakengard 3. No chance I'm buying that game, haha. Looks janky as heck. Looks obnoxious too. Less intriguing and more "Look how horrible the main character is! Isn't she horrible?" than I'd hoped for.

Music is completely amazing though. Will buy the soundtrack.

Big Rigs on PS2 is completely playable.

It's a sliding scale.

Nachos

Well, given the large discrepancy between his HP stat and hers, it's possible that Yu is simply at a higher level than her. Yukiko had low HP, but not so low to the point where her health is literally dwarfed by the other characters. We also have to consider that the listed HP/SP values might not their maximum stat (Yukiko might have taken damage / used a spell for example).

In regards to your second point, it's worth noting that the characters might have similar elemental attacks, but they're distinct in the secondary & tertiary skills they learn. For example Junpei & Yukiko share an element, but Junpei's a physical attacker with Raku-buffs, and Yukiko's a magic attacker with healing skills.

I really hope the Persona Q characters have their full skillsets. It would be a crime not to have the characters at their full & accurate potential.

I guess they could be at different levels, but they're both definitely at their max (or ridiculously close to it). And personally, I disagree about the differences being that big. Remove all mention of specific elemental attacks, and a lot of the skill sets start looking really similar. On one hand, that would make everyone more interchangeable, allowing people to choose their favorites in a fan service game, but there could be so much more. It's an Etrian game with a Persona skin and not the other way around, so I think it'd be a bigger crime to copy everyone's skills wholesale. Considering how creative Etrian classes have been in the past, I'd rather have everyone have completely new, completely different classes evocative of how they play elsewhere, like in P4A. That way, they don't play differently because they have a specific combination of common skills, but because none of them have a single skill in common.

We've got our peanut butter and chocolate together, at last, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the percentages of each work out. If everything else plays like an Etrian game and the skill sets don't change one bit, every single one of them will be curb-stomped by fish out of water syndrome.

I know, but I'd still like it XD

Anyway, we don't know enough about P5, it may very well fit.

It will never fit, I know already.
Before we knew anything about P5, I was hoping we'd get something really chill but still in line with what 3 and 4 have been, like The Internet or Thundercat. Now that we know the themes about subjugation and the color scheme, I think that, culturally and historically, Japanese post-punk would do a great job of capturing the sorts of feelings involved without alienating half the audience. If something like this was the boss theme, I think I'd lose it (even if it still is on the intense side of things, but hey, that's why it'd be the boss theme).

Oh, and I like your avatar, Scrafty!

Jintor

Now that we know the themes about subjugation and the color scheme, I think that, culturally and historically, Japanese post-punk would do a great job of capturing the sorts of feelings involved without alienating half the audience. If something like this was the boss theme, I think I'd lose it (even if it still is on the intense side of things, but hey, that's why it'd be the boss theme).
!

What am difference between punk and post-punk? Either way I liked this, but the vocals were a bit raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom