• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
R. Kelly guests on every song.

UQAoxCe.jpg

cj_iwakura

Man, Chie's voice seems really ill fit for her.

And then pretty much every other voice is your standard dub cast.

I really prefer her old voice, which is blasphemy in most circles. One of the key reasons I don't want P4G and will stick to vanilla.

That and Marie being terrible.

Meia

It's tricky. Both Chie VA's have very different takes on the character. While the new is closer to what it probably should have been after listening to the Japanese version, there's no real wrong answer in terms of preference.

Still, it's a shame to miss out on all the new stuff because of the voice and a misused character, especially considering new Chie is only really offensive very very early on and Marie isn't used hardly at all, so you they're not even problems for much of it. Plus all the nice little additions make it worth it, like all the new VA work(that all of the IT + Nanako + Dojima's rank 9 and 10 Slinks are fully voiced is really good, and other little things like being able to take an IT member to the summer festival(didn't think you could in the original iirc(and that's also fully voiced)).

I really liked older Chie, which had a more laid back and chill style, making the moments where she gets angered mean more, but this version that's quicker to anger is equally valid, and fits better after the first month or two when she obviously gets more comfortable in the role.

cj_iwakura

It's tricky. Both Chie VA's have very different takes on the character. While the new is closer to what it probably should have been after listening to the Japanese version, there's no real wrong answer in terms of preference.

Still, it's a shame to miss out on all the new stuff because of the voice and a misused character, especially considering new Chie is only really offensive very very early on and Marie isn't used hardly at all, so you they're not even problems for much of it. Plus all the nice little additions make it worth it, like all the new VA work(that all of the IT + Nanako + Dojima's rank 9 and 10 Slinks are fully voiced is really good, and other little things like being able to take an IT member to the summer festival(didn't think you could in the original iirc(and that's also fully voiced)).

I really liked older Chie, which had a more laid back and chill style, making the moments where she gets angered mean more, but this version that's quicker to anger is equally valid, and fits better after the first month or two when she obviously gets more comfortable in the role.

I liked that Vanilla Chie had a more down to earth, natural voice, because she wasn't really a voice actress. She sounded just like any normal girl.

Nachos

What am difference between punk and post-punk? Either way I liked this, but the vocals were a bit raw

You can read the Wikipedia entry but the short of it is music that takes the usual conventions of "typical" punk music and applies them to all sorts of other genres in a more experimental fashion, though the majority stick with your usual string and drums set-up. A more specific variation of it that started springing up in the mid-70s became the foundation for all alternative and new wave music, too. Japan, in particular, is pretty well known amongst fans of this stuff for being late adopters, but they never really stopped like every other country did. So while more bands are springing up, attempting to revive it, Japan is basically still maintaining the status quo.

Going to a school in Baltimore, I was actually able to interview a lot of people involved with the movement in New York during the seventies who had moved on down South as part of a technical writing class. So I got to learn that a lot of them actually do fly to Japan to be a part of all of it, and have a lot of friends in those circles.

Anyway, to tie this back into Persona, Reach Out to the Truth probably wouldn't exist as it is without it, even if they are distant relatives.

Nah dawg

Scandinavian Speed Metal and reaggae :D

YES.

I'd pay $1,000 for Lady Gaga to compose the soundtrack.

I'd actually be okay with Gaga scoring the game. I like some of her songs, so as long as Atlus reigned her in, I think it could totally work.

Thorough neutrality

I never thought I'd get used to Fitzgerald as Chie, but she's actually really grown on me as I've been playing. Some of her lines early on are downright awful - as in, way worse than Rooney on a bad day - but as time's passed, I think she's genuinely good, and that it's not Stockholm syndrome at work. There are still a few lines that are iffy even now in September, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that it was something on the production end that caused it. I still have a lot of issues with some of her performances as other characters in a specific voice range, but as the podcast has shown, she's at least like George Bush in that she seems to be an awesome person in real life.

Man, Chie's voice seems really ill fit for her.

And then pretty much every other voice is your standard dub cast.

All the voices in Persona 4 Golden were amazing except maybe Yukiko (but she did have her moments) and Shadow Naoto (when she was trying to sound smart rather than innocent.) Anyway, all the experts agree Golden Chie's voice is about 89-112% better than Vanilla Chie's.
But chie sucks anyways so no worries.

Someone's getting a swift kick to the gnads

Dantis

If that preview track was any indication, I think P5 might be ambient chill/downtempo electronica. I am so okay with that.

I've been saying it'll be electronica for aaaages now, and I still think it'll happen.

P5 needs help from Jamie Christopherson for the soundtrack.

The parts of Rising's OST that you probably liked probably weren't Christopherson specifically. All the amazing guitars in it were by other guys.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
As you can see by the rest of the page, it's just a typical day in the life of PersonaGAF. I'm just checking in once in a while to see what's going on as I decorate the family Christmas tree, though. How about you?

Same. I've been taking a break from the Persona games to give my games in my backlog some attention.

I was thinking about how it makes no sense that SEES kinda gave Makoto (the newcomer with no experience in fighting shadows) the reigns to the whole operation when Mitsuru is obviously their leader, and a thought came to me:

What if in P3P instead of having the FeMC they had a silent-protagonist (non-cannon) wild-card version of Mitsuru? Complete with Makoto as the Death social link, Ikutsuki as the Devil social link, and Tekeharu Kirijo as the Tower social link along with assorted others. It would have given the story a WHOLE other perspective while still keeping with the themes of the game.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was thinking about how it makes no sense that SEES kinda gave Makoto (the newcomer with no experience in fighting shadows) the reigns to the whole operation when Mitsuru is obviously their leader, and a thought came to me:
Well, he was the best out of the newcomers with a unique ability. Mitsuru couldn't join them at the start since someone had to be a dedicated navigator.
After Akihiko recovered, they pretty much traversed new areas already, so he ended up as the most experienced in exploring Tartarus and trusted in him.

It's been awhile though, so I don't remember if the P3 MC had that much influence in decisions outside of battles/Tartarus.

Trigger

What if in P3P instead of having the FeMC they had a silent-protagonist (non-cannon) wild-card version of Mitsuru? Complete with Makoto as the Death social link, Ikutsuki as the Devil social link, and Tekeharu Kirijo as the Tower social link along with assorted others. It would have given the story a WHOLE other perspective while still keeping with the themes of the game.

Seems like a lot of work for something that's already pretty justified.

The parts of Rising's OST that you probably liked probably weren't Christopherson specifically. All the amazing guitars in it were by other guys.

I know he didn't do the music specifically, like played the instruments. I know he at least composed it though. He's not like Meguro or Yamaoka where he legit plays the songs.

But dude imagine if in an all-out attack it just starts playing "Rules of Nature" lol

so what's up with Persona Q using Minato Arisato over Makoto Yuki?

I took a stab at it a few pages ago:

If I had to guess, it's a placeholder name for the trailer. I'm betting that the protagonists will still be player-named in Persona Q. I'm digging around on the updated site, and the graphics related to both Makoto Yuki and Yu Narukami are "p3_hero_main.png" and "p4_hero_main.png," respectively. Narukami has been the canon name for both The Animation and Arena, and yet he isn't named as such in the site assets, so I don't think the P3 protagonist will be either Makoto Yuki or Minato Arisato.

Obviously this isn't proof, but in P4G's Shadow World opening Narukami is called "Hero" and you had to name him, and on Persona 4 Dancing All Night's site he's called "Persona 4 Hero" as well. I'm not sure why they'd choose to name him in certain media and not others, but I still think this means we'll be naming him and the P3 Hero in these games. We'll see, though.

Obviously Persona 5 is going to be Latin music themed. Pitbull's already signed on to take Lotus Juice's place.

Please Pit Bull is overrated

We gotta get some Daddy Yankee, some Wisin y Yandel, some Don Omar, maybe even some Aventura in there

Seems like a lot of work for something that's already pretty justified.

Ehhh it was just a stupid idea I had. And obviously it wouldn't be cannon, I just thought it would be neat to see the events of P3
especially the end
In the perspective of neither Makoto (male or female) or Aigis.

Tamanon

Banned
Please Pit Bull is overrated

We gotta get some Daddy Yankee, some Wisin y Yandel, some Don Omar, maybe even some Aventura in there

Ehhh it was just a stupid idea I had. And obviously it wouldn't be cannon, I just thought it would be neat to see the events of P3
especially the end
In the perspective of neither Makoto (male or female) or Aigis.

I'd be down for some Don Omar. DANZA PERSONA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom