• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I took a stab at it a few pages ago:

Main flaw with this is that that the other protagonist you don't choose has a speaking role in the story. It would be odd to have a speaking role and not have people call him by an actual name. We can't have two people called "leader".

The dialogue was probably finished before P3M came around? Who knows.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
BBGZhhx.jpg

The parts of Rising's OST that you probably liked probably weren't Christopherson specifically. All the amazing guitars in it were by other guys.

Christopherson wrote and composed pretty much every song on the soundtrack, with the exception of Hot Wind Blowing, which was Ferry Corstein's work. I think any game scored by him would have an awesome OST :D

King Fost

Neo Member
Just watched a boss fight video from Drakengard 3. No chance I'm buying that game, haha. Looks janky as heck. Looks obnoxious too. Less intriguing and more "Look how horrible the main character is! Isn't she horrible?" than I'd hoped for.

This is a series where the protagonists of the 1st game include a mass murdering (and kiddie murdering) psychopath, a pedophile, a baby eating elf, and a fucked up little kid. Zero is just carrying on tradition.

btw, it's strange that people are buying the game because of NIER, even though NIER is pretty different from Drakengard (namely that NIER is apparently actually good).

This is a series where the protagonists of the 1st game include a mass murdering (and kiddie murdering) psychopath, a pedophile, a baby eating elf, and a fucked up little kid. Zero is just carrying on tradition.

btw, it's strange that people are buying the game because of NIER, even though NIER is pretty different from Drakengard (namely that NIER is apparently actually good).

Any good LP for this game?

Snakeyes

Please Pit Bull is overrated

We gotta get some Daddy Yankee, some Wisin y Yandel, some Don Omar, maybe even some Aventura in there

Hell yeah. A spin-off titled La Personita where you play as an up-and-coming Mexican cartel /university student and use your Personas to fight against an ancient alien threat buried under some Aztec ruins. Persona heavily references Jojo already, so they may as well go all the way.

Seriously though, I'd love to see a "Persona: Strange Journey" type of game that would let the development team venture outside of the main series' conventions.

OG Loc

I started Persona 4 Golden a little less than a month ago and I've fallen in love with it. Unfortunately, I had been avoiding this tbread in fear of being spoiled and/or absolutely lost. Well, I stopped being a punk bitch so hi.

EMT0

Banned
I started Persona 4 Golden a little less than a month ago and I've fallen in love with it. Unfortunately, I had been avoiding this tbread in fear of being spoiled and/or absolutely lost. Well, I stopped being a punk bitch so hi.

Yo. Welcome new guy, we're here for you as soon as you finish the game(when the inevitable plot discussion comes). We're actually pretty good about avoiding plot spoilers though.

Open arms policy here as long as spoilers are in spoiler tags!

I'm the voice of the people, like Moses, only keepin' it real! - Jeffrey 'OG Loc' Cross, The Voice of the People.

Sup dude

Welcome - Conversations do get a bit candid here, so I'd advise you to finish the game first. Feel free to ask any questions though.

Welcome!
Dont worry, spoilers are (usually) tagged, you shouldnt have any problem, and we are here to help if you need! :D

Meia

Wait, is that the wall scroll they're sending out with the christmas Elizabeth figure? If so, my purchase is even more justified! :D

Have that and the HP Chie that I have to pay for at the same time apparently. Going to be an expensive ass week. :(

Nachos

Aloha!

Same. I've been taking a break from the Persona games to give my games in my backlog some attention.

Oh, cool. What games?

Plus, there's the fact that this game has always suffered from jank in some form or another. Even if Nier probably was the most tolerable to play, it still had issues of its own. Considering that the Deadly Premonition developer made this, people should have come in with tempered expectations. Gameplay simply isn't the draw.

He's zero. Empty but with infinite possibilities, come on you know the deal by now.

Yeah, well it's not like Mr. Laconic would ever tell people that, whenever he's not busy looking like he's staring off into space when visiting the velvet room.

OG Loc

Thank you for the warm welcome, guys. ^_^

That said, does Yosuke become any less of a jackass as P4G progresses? I'm at
the striptease dungeon now.

After both P4G and SMTIV were both critical and sales successes both overseas and in the us, it will be interesting to see what P5 and SMTV look like and sell.

Omikaru

In a complete coincidence, my newly-engaged brother started playing Catherine on my PS3. He is completely engrossed in it, though he sucks at the game (then again, who doesn't?). I see this as a gateway drug to introduce him to Persona 4. I think it will ruin his PhD.

Am I a bad person? :3

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
In a complete coincidence, my newly-engaged brother started playing Catherine on my PS3. He is completely engrossed in it, though he sucks at the game (then again, who doesn't?). I see this as a gateway drug to introduce him to Persona 4. I think it will ruin his PhD.

Am I a bad person? :3

No.

I am cutting my Maxed S. Link run dangerously close. It's 1/28, and I have Naoto left to get from rank 7 to rank 10. I think I'll be able to do it, but... ugh, playing through January was stressing me out.

Edit: Also, does anyone know where Naoto is at on Sundays during January?

And Naoto is done with literally no time to spare... now to grind out Margaret's request. Those can be done
on the "last" day, in the Izanami dungeon
right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom