• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
7cfb.png

Sophia

And this is why it's a good idea to never have 100 posts per page set.

Edit: lol just as I say that

The drawbacks of 100ppp are minor compared to the advantages. Also you guys have gotten quite crazy. >_>;

Persona should not make you all this crazy!

Squire

Banned
I wouldn't call Yosuke a homophobe; he's an immature teenager who lives in a society that jests gay culture. He seems like someone who will slowly mature and grow out making constant 'Kanji is going to sex me up at night' jokes.

I just said those are two of the most vocal opinions I see about him yo, and yes he has homophobic behavior in that tent scene, but I doubt he meant anything truly malicious by it, hes just an idiot, who teases and makes fun of everyone on the investigation team. I feel like the tent scene was the only time he was truly being serious about it and not just teasing.

Here's the issue, flat out: Every time this conversation comes up people take "he's homophobic" as this blanket, all-encompassing statement to describe a Yosuke as a whole.

It is not.

There is a phase - the early months of the game - where Yosuke is homophobic.

He grows out of this.

He arcs.

It's part of what makes the character believable/great.

Read what I am writing.

Here's the issue, flat out: Every time this conversation comes up people take "he's homophobic" as this blanket, all-encompassing statement to describe a Yosuke as a whole.

It is not.

He grows out of this.

He arcs.

Read what I am writing.

Hey now, chill. I am on your side man.

PK Gaming

It is not.

He grows out of this.

He arcs.

Read what I am writing.
Well said.

Despite being a huge Yosuke fan, I agree with all of this.

EMT0

Banned
Your avatar sucks, let me tell you why:
8nqCxQ4.jpg

You're a 50ppp scrub, I take it? Still another half page to go for me. :3
And this is why it's a good idea to never have 100 posts per page set.
Edit: lol just as I say that
50ppp is the only way.
Omi, you've got another half page of unspeakable things to wade through while I'm free. Gloriously free from the so nasty

Well said.

Despite being a huge Yosuke fan, I agree with all of this.
Yep. Yosuke was a bit homophobic....for a bit. His jokes were jokes at every point save for the tent, where he was insecure about it for realz. And we never see another one of these repeats again; Yosuke being somewhat homophobic is a gag, nothing else. But to be fair, most everybody on the investigation team is fair game for Yosuke to crack jokes about/with or to be over the top towards.

FluxWaveZ

Now that I think about it, those three boxes on the original teaser websites were part of Atlus' whole troll plan, weren't they? It made people envision only three products, and that's what made people all the more desperate when three products were revealed and the big one wasn't one of them.

Acid08

Banned
Yep. Yosuke was a bit homophobic....for a bit. His jokes were jokes at every point save for the tent, where he was insecure about it for realz. And we never see another one of these repeats again; Yosuke being somewhat homophobic is a gag, nothing else. But to be fair, most everybody on the investigation team is fair game for Yosuke to crack jokes about/with or to be over the top towards.
Don't really care if it's a gag or not. I didn't find his constant bullshit towards Kanji to be funny or endearing.

Plus he wears Uggs and a stupid ski jacket. Unforgivable.

King Fost

Neo Member
tbh, I scratched my head a bit during the tent scene because before then, he didn't really seem to care much before (or after) about Kanji being gay. It's a bit of a stretch to call him truly homophobic since other than that scene it's mostly unfunny "lol u gay rite?" jokes; I have friends that make those jokes sometimes and are pretty pro-gay rights people. He's the biggest troll in the party and kind of insensitive, so it kind of makes sense he'd bust Kanji's balls over it.

I kind of understand the camping trip rubbing people the wrong way since it has his worst moments (I agree that his behavior is pretty tasteless there), but it shouldn't color someone's entire view as a character. Also I wouldn't take the jokes too seriously anyway, he's like the gayest character in the game.

Actually to be honest, pretty much everyone in the Investigation Team is a troll. There's Yosuke and Teddie obviously, but Chie loves to troll Yosuke a lot too and Kanji does a top notch job in the tofu shop scene. And then there's Yukiko and the glasses. Really the only person who doesn't troll is Naoto. It's just what friends do to each other and it's part of what sells the group to me as a close group of friends.

ok now THAT is unforgivable.

At least he likes Paul McCartney I guess....nah, his taste in music is still pretty bad.

EMT0

Banned
Now that I think about it, those three boxes on the original teaser websites were part of Atlus' whole troll plan, weren't they? It made people envision only three products, and that's what made people all the more desperate when three products were revealed and the big one wasn't one of them.

Teddie's expressions in gif form correspond perfectly.

PersonaQ:
8nqCxQ4.jpg

Because Betrayalathon

P4A2:
Zg8xZbj.gif

P4 Spoilers:
Because Adachi

P4 Dancing All Night:
XkmHjVg.gif

Because everybody wants to see their waifu(read:Narukami) drop it like it's hot

tbh, I scratched my head a bit during the tent scene because before then, he didn't really seem to care much before (or after) about Kanji being gay. It's a bit of a stretch to call him truly homophobic since other than that scene it's mostly unfunny "lol u gay rite?" jokes; I have friends that make those jokes sometimes and are pretty pro-gay rights people. He's the biggest troll in the party and kind of insensitive, so it kind of makes sense he'd bust Kanji's balls over it.

I kind of understand the camping trip rubbing people the wrong way since it has his worst moments (I agree that his behavior is pretty tasteless there), but it shouldn't color someone's entire view as a character.

Actually to be honest, pretty much everyone in the Investigation Team is a troll. There's Yosuke and Teddie obviously, but Chie loves to troll Yosuke a lot too and Kanji does a top notch job in the tofu shop scene. And then there's Yukiko and the glasses. Really the only person who doesn't troll is Naoto. It's just what friends do to each other and it's part of what sells the group to me as a close group of friends.

yep

It is not.

He grows out of this.

He arcs.

Read what I am writing.

No, characters don't change, they don't have arcs. We should just 100% judge a character based off of one thing he says forever lol /sarcasm

Levito

Banned
I've made $70 on the Steam marketplace in the past 3 days-- I hope I have all of you on Steam. In a giving mood *hint hint*. ;)

100 ppp user here and this page is still fucking weird. Only time I won't say using 50 stinks. So yeah until we're off this page I'll be over there...

Acid08

Banned
No, characters don't change, they don't have arcs. We should just 100% judge a character based off of one thing he says forever lol /sarcasm
I have more problems with him than that one scene but the tent scene is what really first made me dislike him. His arc does nothing to make him more likeable to me.

Necrovex

My Steam name is Necrovex.

I should write some erotic Persona 4 fanfic. It could become the next phenomenon like 50 Shades of Gray!

Acid08

Banned
Look at the P4D screens and I agree with the person in this thread, can't remember who :( sorry, said that Rise looks more generic now. You can still tell it's her but her face lost some of its uniqueness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom