• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! :D

Just started listening, great job on Snowflakes, Scrafty!

Thanks! I know how to play a bunch of Persona songs on the violin. I had to learn Snowflakes from scratch (like, entirely by ear and with no sheet music) for this podcast, so that was a fun way to fill some time.

"My number five is Senran Kagura Burst"
"OH GOD"

Podcast delivers as usual. :D

Just wait until our #1s. Burns all around.

Levito

Banned
Shameless repost for new page:

Welp after an amazing year of this silly podcast thing, we've reached the final episode of 2013.

(Click image for episode link)

Scrafty made a fuckin' beauty of an intro for the show.

Yet again--amazing title card by trueself. :D

Added more of you on Steam!

Gazoinks

Thanks! I know how to play a bunch of Persona songs on the violin. I had to learn Snowflakes from scratch (like, entirely by ear and with no sheet music) for this podcast, so that was a fun way to fill some time.

I wish I'd learned to play violin. My dad had a violin which he lent to my cousin, who destroyed it, so I never got a chance to learn to play. :|

Marche90

I'm in the steam group too, though it's been forever since I last logged in. Still, anyone here feel free to add me, I'm in the personagaf group, same name as here. I will log in once I get something decent to run my steam games.

Boy, I've missed some wacky conversations here, and then some. My absences here are becoming longer and longer :(

Welp after an amazing year of this silly podcast thing, we've reached the final episode of 2013.

(Click image for episode link)

Scrafty made a fuckin' beauty of an intro for the show.

Yet again--amazing title card by trueself. :D

I had a blast making this one-- 142 layers of chairs, chains, shackles, and holiday cheer! :p I honestly wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm definitely happy with the results.

I've really enjoyed working with the S.Link FM guys on these graphics, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the podcast in 2014 aka #YearOfPersona. As a special holiday bonus, here's an HD wallpaper version of the Episode 23 title card:

You are humbug.
Want Happy Holidays?

Necrovex

After avoiding the S. Link podcast for awhile, I decided to finally toss it onto my iPhone. Once I complete my first listening to The Beatles (yes I have never listened to Beatles beside a few occasions at parties and some Rock Band), Rachel Maddow and GiantBomb, I'll listen to it.

Jintor

Fez is such a great relaxing experience right up until the point where it fucking crashes EVERY TIME.

I haven't finished a game session by exiting yet, I just play until it crashes then resume my last autosave

Fez is such a great relaxing experience right up until the point where it fucking crashes EVERY TIME.

I haven't finished a game session by exiting yet, I just play until it crashes then resume my last autosave

It's a relaxing game up till the point the overly-complex puzzles come in.

After avoiding the S. Link podcast for awhile, I decided to finally toss it onto my iPhone. Once I complete my first listening to The Beatles (yes I have never listened to Beatles beside a few occasions at parties and some Rock Band), Rachel Maddow and GiantBomb, I'll listen to it.

The gravest offense.

Shouta

Finally sat around and went back to finish watching Trinity Soul as I stopped around episode 3-4. It was around the time I moved to Japan so I was too busy to watch.

I actually like it. It has quite a few issues but it's surprisingly solid. The story is fairly interesting, the characters are actually pretty good, and the music works well. The pacing being slow is an issue and a few story elements are strange but it was still enjoyable to me. It definitely works better for a marathon than it would for week by week viewings.

The blending of P3, P4 (though TS came before it) and P2 elements were pretty interesting. In particular, I felt like the characterization was what I wanted out of a more advanced P3 without going into the nigh stereotype/trope level of P4. The characters have their slight quirks but are nuanced enough to not feel like it. Megumi in felt like the perfect blend of Chie and Yukari while Takuro is similar for Junpei/Yosuke. Kanaru does the
Aigis
storyline even better the games did.

If the writing was cleaned up (to clean up the philosophical mumbo-jumbo) and so the story had more up/downs in it, the show could've been really spectacular.

Finally sat around and went back to finish watching Trinity Soul as I stopped around episode 3-4. It was around the time I moved to Japan so I was too busy to watch.

I actually like it. It has quite a few issues but it's surprisingly solid. The story is fairly interesting, the characters are actually pretty good, and the music works well. The pacing being slow is an issue and a few story elements are strange but it was still enjoyable to me. It definitely works better for a marathon than it would for week by week viewings.

The blending of P3, P4 (though TS came before it) and P2 elements were pretty interesting. In particular, I felt like the characterization was what I wanted out of a more advanced P3 without going into the nigh stereotype/trope level of P4. The characters have their slight quirks but are nuanced enough to not feel like it. Megumi in felt like the perfect blend of Chie and Yukari while Takuro is similar for Junpei/Yosuke. Kanaru does the
Aigis
storyline even better the games did.

If the writing was cleaned up (to clean up the philosophical mumbo-jumbo) and so the story had more up/downs in it, the show could've been really spectacular.

that is EXACTLY how I felt about it, well not exactly, but if they really did give more care and polish to it, and make the pace not so terrible and the fighting not so confusing and the plot not as confusing, it really could have been something. The tone and the idea of warring Persona User groups is something I am really interested in for a future Persona game.

Shouta

that is EXACTLY how I felt about it, well not exactly, but if they really did give more care and polish to it, and make the pace not so terrible and the fighting not so confusing and the plot not as confusing, it really could have been something. The tone and the idea of warring Persona User groups is something I am really interested in for a future Persona game.

The plot itself isn't actually all that confusing after isolating all the plot points. It's still a quagmire to get there unless you watched it all at once or are paying close attention to it on a weekly basis. I think the major issue is that there's that element of the groups that aren't really explored and that whole tangent itself is kind of just used to progress the story. I mean it's there for a specific reason within the plot but it would've been nice to see it in a wider lens.

I really like the characters in this though I could do with less Jun and Shin moping around. <3 the Trio, especially Kanaru.

WHIcY6x.png

PK Gaming

Man... I had an awesome time playing P4A with you guys. For the first time in ages, I actually did pretty well online. When I went to ranked I managed to jump from C+ ---> B.

I've still got a long way to go though (my goal is to get my Yu to about 1/3rd of as good as TWILT'S) but if I keep at it, i'll get there.

The plot itself isn't actually all that confusing after isolating all the plot points. It's still a quagmire to get there unless you watched it all at once or are paying close attention to it on a weekly basis. I think the major issue is that there's that element of the groups that aren't really explored and that whole tangent itself is kind of just used to progress the story. I mean it's there for a specific reason within the plot but it would've been nice to see it in a wider lens.

I really like the characters in this though I could do with less Jun and Shin moping around. <3 the Trio, especially Kanaru.

the elder one is basically Katsuya Suou, one of them is straight up called Jun, and one resembles Tatsuya in a way.

Meia

WANT.

I need to see more Persona Q stuff like that to really appreciate the chibi take on the game. For how many trailers we've seen, we still haven't seen MUCH of it, ya know? The P4 cast in particular looks good like that.

Scrafty, were you trending a little sharp in your Snowflakes rendition?

I'm gonna go get my violin tuned :T

Nah, that's just a side effect of my cheapo violin mic. I made sure to tune my violin exactly right before starting, but didn't compensate for the slight distortion that the mic causes.

Shouta

the elder one is basically Katsuya Suou, one of them is straight up called Jun, and one resembles Tatsuya in a way.

Even more than that, Itou = Dojima. Narasaki = Adachi (but a good guy). Shin's persona is vaguely similar to P4MC's Izanagi. The Kanzato family home's kitchen is the exact same kitchen in P4 especially when you look at it in certain angles, etc.

There's quite a bit more overall too, lol.

FluxWaveZ

Trinity Soul, huh. Well, I've consumed everything Persona I could until now, so I might as well try it out.

Also, I didn't know that there was what seemed to be an actual Persona 5 logo in the #Re:birth magazine. I thought all we had until now was the "Persona5" that was in the trailer and on the website.

Meia

Even more than that, Itou = Dojima. Narasaki = Adachi (but a good guy). Shin's persona is vaguely similar to P4MC's Izanagi. The Kanzato family home's kitchen is the exact same kitchen in P4 especially when you look at it in certain angles, etc.

There's quite a bit more overall too, lol.

Whale feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom