• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Dear PersonaGAF,

Tearaway is fun.

1519d743d122048c80acf043e9be5878d53086e1.jpg

Zabant

Guys, Persona 3 is LOOONG. Much longer than I had anticipated.. finally made it to January and Monad Depths. Any rough guess on how long "the answer" is?

I'm loving it so far, and I mean a lot, it's equally as good as P4 and perhaps I would think even better if I had played it first, I really have come around on it. However i'm looking forward to getting into P4 Arena to see the investigation team again.

Lemstar

35 hours should be enough for The Answer.

Keep in mind that only about two of those hours are going to be dialogue/cutscenes and such. It's brutal.

Sophia

It's not 35 hours. 20 at the most.

well gee thanks for letting me know that i'm ass at games

(That time doesn't take into account either time spent dying and reloading or the time it took for the last boss and the ending sequence. All of that would have added another couple of hours, at least.)

Yeah, The Answer is usually 30-35 hours. You'd have to know it like the back of your hand and skip all scenes to get it in 20.

couldn't sleep so i've been doing some doodlin'
some of them came out persona related
and for that reason i am posting them in the persona community thread OT3

edit: looking at yumi's actual art, her forehead is a lot bigger than i remembered it being

So, it's almost Christmas Eve... Anyone else here who celebrates that holiday? Any fun plans for tomorrow/today (depending on where you are)?

I'm traveling up to my parents' house later today for Christmas. It's the first time in many years that we're having the whole family together at once (because past drama) so I'm actually kind of excited. It definitely won't be the quiet Christmas I've gotten used to. :p

cj_iwakura

couldn't sleep so i've been doing some doodlin'
some of them came out persona related
and for that reason i am posting them in the persona community thread OT3

edit: looking at yumi's actual art, her forehead is a lot bigger than i remembered it being

I like Minako's pensive look.

well gee thanks for letting me know that i'm ass at games

(That time doesn't take into account either time spent dying and reloading or the time it took for the last boss and the ending sequence. All of that would have added another couple of hours, at least.)

I spent like 40 on it.

Nachos

Yeah the reactionary and news episodes will definitely become antiquated. Though at the same time prediction episodes can be fun to listen to in retrospect--one listener told me they thought it was funny hearing us lament the absence of Yukari and Junpei--and hope another version of Arena would come out...and well :p

But yeah the discussion episodes with guests are always the best, there's a timeless quality to them. Going to try and do even more of them in the new year, pushing for JB Blanc, Yuri Lowenthal, and Lotus Juice. The latter two have already both agreed to join us but a time still needs to be settled.

Thanks for the feedback though, really appreciated. It's been about a year since I started posting on PersonaGAF chatting, bickering, too animeing, discussing, and getting to know all of you. Fantastic community here folks, you're all wonderful.

Oh yeah, absolutely. It's always fun going back and being able to say, "Man, what are these idiots talking about? Oh wait, that's me..." I've done a few podcasts in the past myself, so I know the feeling. If you guys do get Blanc on board, do you mind me being on the podcast? And speaking of which, did you guys ever look into getting Lowenthall and Platt on together as a husband-and-wife duo? I think that could potentially be fun, assuming you could get both.

I love doing those and talking to the voice actors and I always have a good time listening to the fighting game episodes with Dacidbro, so I'd recommend those to someone just listening as well.

Conversational interview podcasts are the best kind.
Yeah, it's always fascinating to be able to hear people passionate about what they do go on and on about what they love doing. That's one of the things I think the fighting game-focused and interview episodes have in common. Plus, with the interviews, it's not like you're a bunch of dweebs with microphones harassing people on a show floor at some anime convention. I'm sure you'd love to have everyone willing to be on, but you're always respectful towards your guests and how you conduct your interviews. Plus, the fact that you're bringing them on to something seemingly as niche as this, makes it kinda hard to misconstrue intentions.

Though if I had one criticism, it's that you guys are a little too anime.

I may pick it up, but I can't get over how ugly it is just yet. I'll wait for it to go down in price. I know that's fickle, but I've always liked the way Zelda games looked and this is... well... it's fucking gross and that stings a little bit.

I can definitely get that. I mean, I love the game, but I would love if the graphics matched the official art a little more. Still, if you're willing to overlook that gripe (even a few years down the line when it's discounted), I think it's one of the best games in the series, even without riding on ALttP's coattails.

Soriku

Yeah, The Answer is usually 30-35 hours. You'd have to know it like the back of your hand and skip all scenes to get it in 20.

Umm...not in my experience. I beat it in 22 hours.

Didn't skip any scenes and didn't rush through it. I spent 80 hours on The Journey previously.

Meia

The only real advice for the Answer is have a clear path for every element in terms of personas, as you have 0 access to a Compendium throughout it. Because of that, the rules of fusions themselves are different, as is the usual result. Plus personas take a lot less exp to level.

From what I remember, prepare to grind in the first dungeon a bit so you can get started with each element, then just keep in mind which personas you need to fuse to continue forward. I remember getting to near the end of it with one of each severe elemental spell, with personas that also had boost and amps on...

All the voices in Persona 4 Golden were amazing except maybe Yukiko (but she did have her moments) and Shadow Naoto (when she was trying to sound smart rather than innocent.) Anyway, all the experts agree Golden Chie's voice is about 89-112% better than Vanilla Chie's.

I've been playing the original PS2 version, so I see I'm not the only one.

Soriku

All the voices in Persona 4 Golden were amazing except maybe Yukiko (but she did have her moments) and Shadow Naoto (when she was trying to sound smart rather than innocent.) Anyway, all the experts agree Golden Chie's voice is about 89-112% better than Vanilla Chie's.

Oh hell no.

Chie's old voice fit her well. Her new voice is too whiny.

Erin Fitzgerald does better voicing a character like Teepo from Xillia.

I don't know if this is the kind of terrible you want, but some jerk linked this on IRC one day.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/9780072/1/Teddie-Gets-a-Job-at-Tim-Horton-s

You could at least credit me by name.

Edit: As for Christmas, I'll get to be celebrating my birthday (hence the birthday hat on my avatar, shoutouts to Dantis!) and hopefully play video games most of the day. Family comes over in the evening which will be fun, and that should give me time to play some ALBW as well >.>

Oh hell no.

Chie's old voice fit her well. Her new voice is too whiny.

Erin Fitzgerald does better voicing a character like Teepo from Xillia.

It's only really whiney during the infamous "Trial of the Dragon" scene. Otherwise it sounds passionate, temperamental, and caring, very much Chie IMO

Anythings better than frikken AHA ...is this our chance...

Nachos

Acid08

Banned
It's only really whiney during the infamous "Trial of the Dragon" scene. Otherwise it sounds passionate, temperamental, and caring, very much Chie IMO

Anythings better than frikken AHA ...is this our chance...
Not gonna lie, I kinda missed the shitty "aha is this our chance" reading when I was playing Golden :lol

Necrovex

This is an off-topic post (but half of my posts tend to be off-topic). I might finally play Max Payne 1 and 2, but vanilla is so bloody ugly. Someone mentioned mods in here before, but I don't have it on record. Can anyone show me some good mods to put in both games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom