• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

I like to see PS+ as a means to discover new games, not a way to not necessarily buy games that I find appealing but don't want to pay for. If I want a game, I will buy it when it's priced at what I think it's worth, unless it comes to PS+ first.

At any rate, I wanted to support quality and quirky games on my favourite handheld, so £20 was a more than fair price for the game. I was very happy with the final product; a bit easy but it was such a nice game to play.

I'm moving on to SM3DW next.

I like to see PS+ as a means to discover new games, not a way to not necessarily buy games that I find appealing but don't want to pay for. If I want a game, I will buy it when it's priced at what I think it's worth, unless it comes to PS+ first
I do too, I like trying out different games. For example I think I would have never played Dragon's Dogma but was surprised by it and I'll definitely play more of it.

Meia

I do too, I like trying out different games. For example I think I would have never played Dragon's Dogma but was surprised by it and I'll definitely play more of it.

Yep, I had given DD a try on the Xbox a year ago, but didn't like it much.

PS+ gets the game + expansion, give it another shot, and am hooked this time.

I look at PS+ more as a Netflix for games, with the longer you have a membership the more value it has. Think I'm subbed up til 2017 at this point. :p

Fou-Lu

I feel like I never actually manage to make use of physical attackers in SMT games, why would I when I can just play to my enemy's weaknesses? Of course, then a boss resistant to most of my magic comes along and makes things hard for me, though I make it through. I just find it strange how I end up building even the characters with high physical stats as casters for elemental coverage.

EMT0

Banned
I feel like I never actually manage to make use of physical attackers in SMT games, why would I when I can just play to my enemy's weaknesses? Of course, then a boss resistant to most of my magic comes along and makes things hard for me, though I make it through. I just find it strange how I end up building even the characters with high physical stats as casters for elemental coverage.

I can't speak for other games aside from SMT4, but I'd say it's because running out of MP is waaay too easy for physical attackers, until you manage to get the MP regeneration abilities. But even then, sticking things like Critical Wave and its powered up forms onto Flynn makes cleaning up random demons a cinch.

Necrovex

Yep, I had given DD a try on the Xbox a year ago, but didn't like it much.

PS+ gets the game + expansion, give it another shot, and am hooked this time.

I look at PS+ more as a Netflix for games, with the longer you have a membership the more value it has. Think I'm subbed up til 2017 at this point. :p

I gave Dragon Dogma a try, but it didn't really appeal to me. But I am happy to try a game that I would have never touched otherwise. <3 PS+.

PK Gaming

Physical attackers in SMT are consistently strong, from what i've heard/played.

They go from solid in SMTIV, fantastic in Nocturne, and completely overpowered in Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Nachos

I've been playing Golden recently after playing the original, and I have the exact opposite impression. Physical attacks, even discounting broken stuff like Hassou Tobi, are potentially some of the strongest skills in the game, because the skills generally have a ton of variety and viability. Primal Force has an absurd amount of power and a nice crit rate, Vile Assault gets a nice bonus from hitting downed enemies, and the multi-hit skills can rack up damage pretty quickly. I basically went all in with magic before, but now I actually prefer the physical attackers, when they've got the stats to make the skills work.

And that's not even counting stuff in Devil Survivor like multi-strike and +petrify, where the attackers get a physical skill with power based on the speed stat that hits all enemies 2-7 times with each hit potentially petrifying the enemy. And this is in a game where each physical hit against a petrified enemy has a chance of insta-killing 'em.

Atlus sent out a special P5-themed Christmas card this year:
j6wKuZf.jpg

Dantis

Second and third season are less consistent but still have some god-tier episodes.

I haven't actually seen anything past season 2, haha. I was seriously let down by it though, and heard it only got worse, so I never bothered watching more.

I feel like it lost a lot of its heart, got too silly and too far up its own ass.

Season 1 is maaaybe my favourite single season of any show ever though.

Community?

Yup!

Squire

Banned
I watched S1 of Community, but S2 became a snooze fest . Only got 2-3 episodes in. I really don't get the fandom for that show.

Jintor, have you seen Breaking Bad? It's not comparable, I'm just curious.

Jintor

That's not a season 1 episode, so you must be lying.

It's great. Every character gets some good screentime, jokes are consistently funny, it's not high-concept remaining relatively low-key, and serious Troy being more responsible than the rest of the adults is a rare treat. That heart.

I watched S1 of Community, but S2 became a snooze fest . Only got 2-3 episodes in. I really don't get the fandom for that show.

Not yet, I've yet to buy netflix and sideload it onto my tablet + VPN

kewlmyc

Breaking Bad is one show that you can never recommend enough.

Dantis

Breaking Bad is one show that you can never recommend enough.

Hated it. Got halfway through the final season because everyone INSISTED that it gets better.

As it was, I only managed to watch so much of it because I was watching it whilst I had my lunch.

kewlmyc

Hated it. Got halfway through the final season because everyone INSISTED that it gets better.

As it was, I only managed to watch so much of it because I was watching it whilst I had my lunch.
So you watched everything except the final seven episodes and still hated it? I don't understand how you could hate it at all, but why force yourself to watch around 30 hours of a show you hate for no reason?

Dantis

So you watched everything except the final seven episodes and still hated it? I don't understand how you could hate it at all, but why force yourself to watch around 30 hours of a show you hate for no reason?

I needed to watch something, and every time I was goinv to stop watching, my brothers and friemds kept insisting it would get better soon. Once I'd passed the halfway point, I thought I might as well see how it ends. By the time I got halfway through the final season, I just said fuck it and read the synopsis online.

I didn't hate ALL of it, just like, 95%. The episode that ends under the floorboards seemed like it was going to lead to something amazing (And then didn't) and there were a few other good bits that I shouldn't mention because spoilers. Also Saul was consistently good, so there's that.

Moonlight

Banned
I needed to watch something, and every time I was goinv to stop watching, my brothers and friemds kept insisting it would get better soon. Once I'd passed the halfway point, I thought I might as well see how it ends. By the time I got halfway through the final season, I just said fuck it and read the synopsis online.

I didn't hate ALL of it, just like, 95%. The episode that ends under the floorboards seemed like it was going to lead to something amazing (And then didn't) and there were a few other good bits that I shouldn't mention because spoilers. Also Saul was consistently good, so there's that.
4h6obgL.png

CrazyDude

I have Persona 4 Golden, but my Vita didn't arrive in time for Christmas. No I am left with a small box and an even smaller game cart till Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom