• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Vincent cameos and yet still no FeMC.

Atlus why?
grQwy6T.png

Game's not out yet. She might have a cameo in there somewhere.

Nachos

I <3 the female MC much more than the male MC, even though I only played P3P for ten hours.

My avatar was P4MC and P3FMC staring at each. Pink background with mini-squares with a shade of different color (I have no idea what the color was called). Very reminiscent to the last scene of Steins;Gate.

Shoot, I did a few quick Google searches, and couldn't find anything, even though I think I've seen that picture before. Sorry!

Although, my search did lead me to finding a new possible avatar for Meia:
eXIwJ6f.png

Necrovex

Shoot, I did a few quick Google searches, and couldn't find anything, even though I think I've seen that picture before Sorry!

Although, my search did lead me to finding a avatar for Meia:
eXIwJ6f.png

It's all good; thanks for trying! Real Pic month is right around the corner, so I would be using a different avatar during that time anyway.

Lunar15

Mitsuru is freaked the fuck out.

Also, is Kanji's pose just him holding his hands in the air? That's amazing.

ibaP8FIbBJkxmH.png

Yukiko's pose is also hilariously great. It's totally Zelda Joestar/Sailor Moon

kewlmyc

Mitsuru is freaked the fuck out.

Also, is Kanji's pose just him holding his hands in the air? That's amazing.

ibaP8FIbBJkxmH.png

Yukiko's pose is also hilariously amazing. It's totally Zelda Joestar/Sailor Moon

Yukiko has good taste in Jojo's.

1_l_50a24caebf28f.jpg

Naoto not doing a Jotaro pose is criminal.

FluxWaveZ

And either somebody just killed the hell out of Vincent, or he was a VERY lifelike manikin

It's just a figurine or another inanimate object. There's no way any Catherine character appears in a Persona game past the form of a small cameo like that after P3P.

Wonder if the end of that trailer means Rei's gonna get a Persona. Still don't much care for her or the new guy.

Sophia

Vincent being in is hilarious. Also, it looks like Zen has some sort of supernatural powers, as he functions in place of a Persona for Rei during combat. As expected.

Levito

Banned
It's kinda weird that they'd show Vincent in the Persona Q trailer even if he is just like a toy or something. Shouldn't that be a surprise?

Also why does PQ have so much more coverage than the other Persona games? ATLUS IS 3DS BIASED.

It's kinda weird that they'd show Vincent in the Persona Q trailer even if he is just like a toy or something. Shouldn't that be a surprise?

Also why does PQ have so much more coverage than the other Persona games? ATLUS IS 3DS BIASED.

cuz its probably the furthest along

kewlmyc

So I'm super casual when it comes to non Tales RPGs. Which of these games that I now own should I get my ass kicked in first?

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV
2. SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked
3. Persona 2 Innocent Sin

Sophia

So I'm super casual when it comes to non Tales RPGs. Which of these games that I now own should I get my ass kicked in first?

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV

You already have the right order. :p

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV

Persona 2 Innocent Sin is SUPER easy, Devil Survivor and SMTIV have rough beginnings.

Necrovex

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV

You should drop Persona 2 since it's a bad game.

PK Gaming

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV

In order
Shin Megami Tensei IV > Devil Survivor Overclocked > Persona 2 Innocent Sin

SMTIV and Devil Survivor are some of the best RPG/SRPGs on the market. The difficulty is daunting at first, but you should manage to get through both games once you're accustomed to it.

You shouldn't worry about Persona 2: Innocent Sin's difficulty, it's one of the easiest RPGs out there. Play it after you've beaten the other two if you want; it has its merits, but it's ultimately a mediocre game.

gameOver.png

In order

SMTIV and Devil Survivor are some of the best RPG/SRPGs on the market. The difficulty is daunting at first, but you should manage to get through both games once you're accustomed to it.

You shouldn't worry about Persona 2: Innocent Sin's difficulty, it's one of the easiest RPGs out there. Play it after you've beaten the other two if you want; it has its merits, but it's ultimately a mediocre game.

gameOver.png

kewlmyc

You already have the right order. :p

Persona 2 Innocent Sin is SUPER easy, Devil Survivor and SMTIV have rough beginnings.

In order

Thanks guys. Downloading SMTIV from the shop now.

I had no idea that P2 gets so much hate. I thought you guys constantly praise it?

Nachos

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV

It's hard to go wrong with any of them, but I'd say that I actually enjoyed Devil Survivor the most, if only because I didn't need to deal with an abysmal world map like in SMT4.

Gazoinks

Thanks guys. Downloading SMTIV from the shop now.

I had no idea that P2 gets so much hate. I thought you guys constantly praise it?

The cast is one of the best in the franchise, the story is mostly good (EP's is very good, IS's is a little inconsistent), but the gameplay isn't much fun for me.

And yeah SMTIV is awesome.

Nachos

They praise the story

I'd say that's about the only good thing going for P2 nowadays. It was certainly ahead of its time in a lot of ways, but it's become so antiquated that now I'd only suggest it as a curiosity. Though I'm sure CJ can make a good argument for it, I was disappointed in both it and Soul Hackers, but not to the point where I'd outright condemn them.

Gazoinks

I'd say that's about the only good thing going for P2 nowadays. It was certainly ahead of its time in a lot of ways, but it's become so antiquated that now I'd only suggest it as a curiosity. Though I'm sure CJ can make a good argument for it, I was disappointed in both it and Soul Hackers, but not to the point where I'd outright condemn them.

Don't say you're disappointed in Soul Hackers, I'm buying it today. :p

FluxWaveZ

Apparent translation from an old P4A2 article (text above the second image in the article):
The characters we're divulging about this time, appearing in this version's story is (in green)
Adachi Tohru
, a new character that looks like Minazuki, and we can also reveal there is (in green) one more new character. While we can't reveal this character's name, and presently, we don't know if they'll become playable, we can say that the fans have certainly been hoping for them. Please look forward to our follow-up report.

Squire

Banned
I wish they'd at least give us a snippet of Persona 5. :(

We'll see it soon enough. There's going to be some overlap in promotion simply because of how close the target release windows are. There already is. They're talking about P4A2 and PQ, which can't be terribly far apart. I imagine we'll here a lot about P4D and P5 at the same time.

Who knows when that starts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom