• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I have never had a problem with people likings the Blazblue fiction, I just take offence at people telling me that it's genuinely good.

It's quite alright to enjoy something despite it being schlocky and rote, so don't claim that it's something else entirely .

I think it is. I'm sorry you find my opinions offensive.

Jintor

tumblr_my2hssNYdd1rwe3gro1_500.png

Reason #234 why I love living in my country's economic capital: I picked up a Wind Waker Wii U Bundle, The Wonderful 101 and Super Mario 3D Land today for like $150 less than it would cost on any other day of the year. Thank you, Boxing Day deals!

I also bought a wicked cool Striker Eureka action figure at the Silver Snail, which may have actually made me happier than the Wii U >_>

kewlmyc

Reason #234 why I love living in my country's economic capital: I picked up a Wind Waker Wii U Bundle, The Wonderful 101 and Super Mario 3D Land today for like $150 less than it would cost on any other day of the year. Thank you, Boxing Day deals!

I also bought a wicked cool Striker Eureka action figure at the Silver Snail, which may have actually made me happier than the Wii U >_>

Boxing Day? Is that a Canadian thing?

Boxing Day? Is that a Canadian thing?

Not just Canadian, but I guess it's something that isn't observed in the US.

The deals on some stuff is on par with the Black Friday sales you guys get, though. I got my Wii U for $100 less than it usually goes for, as well as TW101 for 50% off, SM3DW for 30% off, and a double Blu-Ray feature of Summer Wars and Wolf Children for like 15 bucks.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to lock myself into my room for the next four days and sift through all of this new junk.

fertygo

Precisely, and that works both ways!

I should be as free to my (bad) negative opinions, as you are to your (bad) positive opinions!

But you implying as like there's some opinion that could offense you (or someone else)
That's really different than just matter of agree or disagree.
Ayase is poop suck it bro
shes cool
Both statement aren't contradict with each other.

Moonlight

Banned
Except you're telling me I can't say it's good. I can and will.
I'm gonna sit here and observe the irony of you disparaging people for disparaging the validity of their opinions when you've constantly told people how wrong they are for not appreciating the subtle beauties of old SMT games or the untold depth of mashing two unrelated spells together and entertaining turn order shenanigans of P2.

cj_iwakura

I'm gonna sit here and observe the irony of you disparaging people for disparaging the validity of their opinions when you've constantly told people how wrong they are for not appreciating the subtle beauties of old SMT games or the untold depth of mashing two unrelated spells together and entertaining turn order shenanigans of P2.

I was defending the claim that they're bad RPGs. A little different.

fertygo

Man why the hell they took down P1 battle system for P2 anyway, its so much better.
I even tried the PSX version to compare, yeah its much better than P2 PSP system.

cj_iwakura

Dude, telling people they're not true fans for failing to discover the appeal or questioning how much they 'understand' the games sounds like disparaging the validity of their opinion to me.

When did I say that? What gets me is people slandering the games to scare people away from them.

Squire

Banned
When did I say that? What gets me is people slandering the games to scare people away from them.

You need to check the way you define "slander", my man. They're poorly designed games. That's my opinion and that's what I tell people. There's no agenda there and no "slander" to speak of.

Kazzy

But you implying as like there's some opinion that could offense you (or someone else)
That's really different than just matter of agree or disagree.

I'm not implying anything, i'm outright stating it (that sounds a lot more biting than I intended!). Though it's not something I'm asserting onto others, it is afterall, just my own opinion.

Perhaps I'm conflating my opinions of others a little unfairly, but I find its fan base to be oddly militant in how they present their own views. I just don't like people giving opinion as fact.

TWILT

Banned

Good stuff. Got me a Mario & Luigi Wii U deluxe with 3D World and Wonderful 101 on Boxing Day as well.

Been playing 3D World nonstop for a few hours now. Super fun and great game.

cj_iwakura

I'm not implying anything, i'm outright stating it. Though it's not something I'm asserting onto others, it is afterall all, just my own opinion.

Perhaps I'm conflating my opinions of others a little unfairly, but I find its fan base to be oddly militant in how they present their own views. I just don't like people giving opinion as fact.

I hope you realize BB fans who enjoy the game for the story aren't exactly common.

To paraphrase Chasing Amy, we're a minority of a minority.

fertygo

....im confused, can you word that a little bit better?

Sorry.

What I mean is, SMI : Persona have much better battle than what Persona 2 had, semi grid-based targeting and the lack of fusion skill bring better balance than just spamming fusion skill nonstop, well I guess that still big part of it lol but at least you could do other thing than just that.

P2 system not endorsing you to use invidual action at all other than healing, invidual attack and spell bring worthless damage, leaving the battle depth to just merely spam fusion skill.

^from some weird date sim

Sorry.

What I mean is, SMI : Persona have much better battle than what Persona 2 had, semi grid-based targeting and the lack of fusion skill bring better balance than just spamming fusion skill nonstop, well I guess that still big part of it lol but at least you could do other thing than just that.

P2 system not endorsing you to use invidual action at all other than healing, invidual attack and spell bring worthless damage, leaving the battle depth to just merely spam fusion skill.

I see, and yea, I am one of those who thinks P1 has the better gameplay systems, even if they are just as easy to break.

Sophia

Looks like Dantis's work.

There are subtle differences between that artist and Dantis's style. Both are pretty close to emulating Soejima's however.

Also, in unrelated news, Valvrave the Liberator is awful and no one here should watch it.

It isn't Guilty Crown levels of awful. Ichiro Okouchi however is a scriptwriter who needs a good director to reign him in, and the last time he had that was Code Geass.

Caladrius

There are subtle differences between that artist and Dantis's style. Both are pretty close to emulating Soejima's however.

It isn't Guilty Crown levels of awful. Ichiro Okouchi however is a scriptwriter who needs a good director to reign him in, and the last time he had that was Code Geass.

Have you seen R2?

fertygo

Well Matsuo Kou isn't bad director.

But yeah Valvrave is Code Geass without the charisma and extra oomph.
Have you seen R2?

Nothing wrong with R2. :p

kewlmyc

it not SO bad. not the best mecha anime, but not the worst one

Have you seen the final episode yet? It's not the worst, but not worth watching unless you have literally nothing to do at all. And even then, you can probably find something better to do.

Also R2 was bad excluding the ending. Wish I could say the same about Valvrave.

Just noticed that Aigis' isn't wearing a Santa costume, it's just her regular armor painted red. Nice detail.

Sophia

Have you seen R2?

I quite enjoy it, and the time spent watching it was fabulous~!

Well Matsuo Kou isn't bad director.

But yeah Valvrave is Code Geass without the charisma and extra oomph.

If he's not willing to reign in his scripwriter, then it doesn't matter how good of a director he is. :p

Just noticed that Aigis' isn't wearing a Santa costume, it's just her regular armor painted red. Nice detail.

Yeah the attention to detail is awesome. Labrys is wearing a Santa dress exactly where the Yasogami uniform would cover up. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom