• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_myhjl79Fzx1qg9t6qo1_400.png

EMT0

Banned
Taking French in HS was a complete waste of five years of language.
I can't speak more than greetings after taking like 7 years of it.
Sometimes I feel like the only person who took French in high school and has no regrets. Already speaking Spanish helps though.

Knowing French, it's always amusing to hear Mitsuru say things in French improperly.
Being originally from a non-English speaking background and actually understanding French, I know that she's trying to be chic by using words other people don't get, I've seen enough people do it with English. It makes me cringe at this point.

FireSol

To be honest with you I think Marie would be the best velvet room-er to add from a gameplay perspective. She already has a semi-signature Persona (Kaguya) from which they could possibly build a unique fight-style

(disclaimer: Lord Scrambles hates Marie as a character as much as all of you. His opinion only applies to what would be good for the game, mechanics-wise.)

I dont think that Marie will appear in P4A2.
Because in true ending Yu was supriswd by seeing her on TV. That means that she came back after incedents in Arena games. Also if i remember correctly in true ending Chie mention that last Yu visit wasnt as good as planned

FluxWaveZ

Being originally from a non-English speaking background and actually understanding French, I know that she's trying to be chic by using words other people don't get, I've seen enough people do it with English. It makes me cringe at this point.

Yeah, I guess that's what it must be. Living in Quebec, doing that to seem refined or whatever would just make you look silly, so it's not something that crossed my mind. Then again, I'm sure Mitsuru is probably supposed to be fluent anyways.

I dont think that Marie will appear in P4A2.
Because in true ending Yu was supriswd by seeing her on TV. That means that she came back after incedents in Arena games. Also if i remember correctly in true ending Chie mention that last Yu visit wasnt as good as planned

Yosuke's the one who mentioned that things got messy last time Yu came to visit in the P4G epilogue. Yu was surprised to see Marie on television, but it might just be because, well, she's on television, so I wouldn't necessarily say that that nullifies the possibility of her being present in P4A2.

EMT0

Banned
Code:
1) "Which 2013 game impressed you (or surprised you) the most?"
2) "Which 2013 media had the biggest impact on you?"
3) "Which person caught your attention in 2013?"
(and an elided 4) "Your message for our readers", because I'm not that bored.)
Code:
Index:
Composer/Director Shoji Meguro (Persona, Persona 2 PSP, Persona 4)
1) Sports Champions 2 (PS3)
2) Arpeggio of Blue Steel
3) My newborn daughter

Director Kazuyuki Yamai (Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou series, SMT4)
1) Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Pokopan (Line)
2) Boardwalk Empire, Tombi, Meoto Zenzai, Jikken Keiji Totori 2, Hard Nuts, Bruno Mars, Garbage

So....Meguro's a father now, if he wasn't before. Neat.

EDIT:
Inorigo-senpai PLS

FireSol

Yosuke's the one who mentioned that things got messy last time Yu came to visit in the P4G epilogue. Yu was surprised to see Marie on television, but it might just be because, well, she's on television, so I wouldn't necessarily say that that nullifies the possibility of her being present in P4A2.

My bad with Yosuke. Well you might be right, Marie knew about Yu visit in epilogue. That means she was the part of Arena story or others told her after she came back.I will happy to see her in A2, but not sure about her part in it

FluxWaveZ

In the Japanese version, she speaks English, so I assume it would be the same. :p

Yeah, from some phrases she's said in P4A like "Good job" and such, it's said with a notable Japanese accent.

Though, thinking about it like that, I think I might change my opinion and say that her French isn't actually poor, but just accompanied with an accent that might make it seem that way.

Meia

Hah, I'm the same way with Spanish.

Yep, ditto. Figured I took it from 7th grade to 11th, with the 11th being AP Spanish, and I can remember some words and conjugation rules, but that's about it.

And I'm trying to self-teach Japanese, an extremely hard language by most accounts. Feels bad man. :p

I'm thinking though the more you use a language, the more natural it becomes though. Lord knows I spoke 0 spanish after that course was done. American schools really need to throw that stuff in elementary school if you want people to retain it.

Kazzy

It's even better when you play the Japanese one and hear Teddie regularly butcher the English language.

I guess it's just a Persona thing? ;)

It's a Japan thing!

To give one obvious example - Evangelion has many instances of really bad multilingual dialogue (English and German) - and in some cases, by characters that are supposed to be that nationality!

Nachos

Does anyone know what chapter of Watamote (It's not my fault i'm not popular!) references Persona 3/Mitsuru?

I can't find it ;_;

I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post the page itself, but I did a quick Google search, and it's Watamote chapter 32.5, apparently.

I still need to start reading it. I really enjoyed the show, while it lasted.

Lunar15

Hey guys, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed is a good game

Not only that, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if we got Persona characters in it. I mean, the game has Team Fortress, Danica Patrick, and some guy from a podcast.

It's basically "Sonic and Whoever We Could Get Racing Transformed".

Nachos

Not only that, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if we got Persona characters in it. I mean, the game has Team Fortress, Danica Patrick, and some guy from a podcast.

It's basically "Sonic and Whoever We Could Get Racing Transformed".

I can't wait to see the Velvet Room limousine transform into an airplane.

PK Gaming

I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post the page itself, but I did a quick Google search, and it's Watamote chapter 32.5, apparently.

I still need to start reading it. I really enjoyed the show, while it lasted.
Thank you. Scans aren't against the ToS, but scanlation sites are (and scans that have scanlation sites by extension)

Tada!

<3 this manga

Thank you. Scans aren't against the ToS, but scanlation sites are (and scans that have scanlation sites by extension)

Tada!

<3 this manga

I believe it's scans of an entire article/manga etc that are frowned upon/bannable:
C. Copyrighted Material

Full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images (e.g. magazine scans) are prohibited. Standard fair-use policies apply, and sources should always be attributed.
duckroll said:
This is the last time I am ever going to say this. I believe I have mentioned this before. Do not ever, ever direct link to illegal piracy shit. This includes manga releases, manga scanlations, sites and apps which provide such access, etc. STOP DOING IT. This thread is for the discussion of manga, not for the exchange and distribution of illegal material. Don't ask, don't tell. Future offenses will result in normal moderation consequences. Do not reply to this message, just move along. If you have a question, PM me.
From Manga thread
So to repeat, DO NOT link to any manga scanlations websites or ask where to read manga.

If you post a panel or page, there should be no logo of any site on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom