• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

Typical Japanese vocal artist stuff I imagine. I believe the singer is also the actress who plays Toriko.

What I enjoyed most was that Suda wrote the lyrics. He doesn't do poetry like that anymore.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Still, I'd be happy if he just started directing again.

Jintor

Dafuq is she wearing?

Bask+in+his+holy+cheeks+_58b952118619cebb7cf337a9b5f50793.gif

Nachos

About as likely as Satomi Tadashi writing Persona 5.

Yeah...I know. I think I finally gave up hope after finding out what Killer Is Dead really was and how it really wasn't a successor to Kill the Past at all. Ah well, at least the soundtracks are still good.

cj_iwakura

Yeah...I know. I think I gave up hope after finding out what Killer Is Dead really was and how it really wasn't a successor to Kill the Past at all.

Killer Is Dead is easily the best game he's been involved with since NMH1. It's a step in the right direction.

I was very disappointed in NMH2, and ditching Masafumi Takada was insane.

Nachos

Killer Is Dead is easily the best game he's been involved with since NMH1. It's a step in the right direction.

I was very disappointed in NMH2, and ditching Masafumi Takada was insane.

I still need to try it. I just remember being skeeved out thanks to Gigolo Mode. And while I agree about being disappointed in NMH2, I actually adore the soundtrack, and like it more than NMH1's. Granted, I think NMH1's works better in-game, while NMH2's is better as just a collection of standalone music.

kewlmyc

Nachos

A certain Scottish game reviewer put it best:
it's not like Suda 51 is a stranger to being tasteless.

Maybe you're right, but at least with Michigan, it seemed like the director (whether it was Suda or not) tried to be a little subversive and have a point, even if the point itself was clumsily cynical. Killer Is Dead just seemed like a clinical sort of cynical, and that was more from the implications of including the mode at all, rather than anything its content had to say. From what I remember reading, it wasn't even meant to be in the game originally and was included at the marketers' request, right?

As it stands now, I don't know what Grasshopper is doing -- I don't even know how anything manages to get funded over there. Suda was and never will be the Quinton Tarantino of video games like people say. He was always like Kojima in the past but it seems like Grasshopper's moving more and more towards being a weird hybrid of Takashi Miike and John Waters now. Granted, I don't know how Killer Is Dead pans out, but it's been a while since he's done anything as cerebral as Killer 7 or even the first No More Heroes.

Fou-Lu

Just realized I hadn't gotten the true ending yet. Luckily I had a well placed save file. Persona 3, you're on pause for the moment. Let's do this!

BTW, where can I get a well priced PS2? Mine seems to have died and I want to play Digital Devil Saga on it.

FluxWaveZ

Trying to follow the conversation here. So there's a new P4A2 character?

Yes and no. An article about P4A2 said that they'll still one character that hasn't been revealed. The character will be in the story, may or may not be playable, and is a character "the fans have been asking for".

Yep. Wonder when the "follow-up report" will be. The original was written 24 days ago, so I guess I'd assume it would be sometime in January.

Jintor

As it stands now, I don't know what Grasshopper is doing -- I don't even know how anything manages to get funded over there. Suda was and never will be the Quinton Tarantino of video games like people say. He was always like Kojima in the past but it seems like Grasshopper's moving more and more towards being a weird hybrid of Takashi Miike and John Waters now. Granted, I don't know how Killer Is Dead pans out, but it's been a while since he's done anything as cerebral as Killer 7 or even the first No More Heroes.

God I wish Suda had the gameplay chops to back up his absurdity

Squire

Banned

He needs to hire some designers.
Vanillaware needs to hire some designers.
PG needs to hire some level designers.

Shit, while I'm at it, Capcom sure as hell needs to hire some designers.

I'm playing DMC4.

cj_iwakura

NMH1 and KID are about as close to great as he gets.

Try The Silver Case sometime. Now that is one of the weirdest games I've ever played. A dash of point'n'click and first person dungeon crawling with a lot of VN.

Nachos

Don't we all. Killer7's one of my favorite games of all time, and I'm perfectly willing to admit that it kinda plays like horse dookie.

NMH1 and KID are about as close to great as he gets.

Try The Silver Case sometime. Now that is one of the weirdest games I've ever played. A dash of point'n'click and first person dungeon crawling with a lot of VN.

Is there a fan translation of that available?

Nachos

P2 and P1 > P3

500x1000px-LL-c649df98_funny-einstein-tongue-poke-smiley-emoticon.gif

K'know what, guys? Let's just agree on a compromise:
Every Persona game is shit.

Now we can close the thread and go back to daydreaming about our respective waifus and hasubandos.

xJo0LHs.jpg

Not yet. We're looking into it, but it would be hella ambitious.

The game has LOTS and LOTS of dialogue.

Also, the same artist worked on FSR, I think.
I'm not sure how it would stack up to regular translation efforts, but I'm sure no project like that would be a small undertaking. Still, that's really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom