• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Finally, a legitimate option to play through the entire game without saying anything!

/edit ffs dantis-kun why doesn't your header link back to your mainpage

Nachos

I believe it's scans of an entire article/manga etc that are frowned upon/bannable:

Well, I'll definitely keep that in mind. I wasn't entirely sure, but I figured it'd be best to err on the cautious side.

The one thing that bothers me most though is the houndstooth pattern. You managed to give the skirt a lot of volume with just the lines, but just having the pattern cascade downwards uniformly kinda destroys it and flattens the image a bit. Have you just tried just recreating the pattern manually, Dantis?

Also, yeah. That's usability 101. If you send me the HTML code for your theme, though, I can fix it up if you want.

pan-hime

also finally got these.
proxy.jpg

proxy.jpg

Dantis

Thanks guys!

Finally, a legitimate option to play through the entire game without saying anything!

Added one in. Can't remember why I took it out, but there was a reason. Never mind, it's back in there now. JUST FOR YOU, PATRICK.

The one thing that bothers me most though is the houndstooth pattern. You managed to give the skirt a lot of volume with just the lines, but just having the pattern cascade downwards uniformly kinda destroys it and flattens the image a bit. Have you just tried just recreating the pattern manually, Dantis?
Laziness, basically. The smart thing to do would be to do some crease shading, but I guess I forgot. As far as the pattern goes, I have a Photoshop pattern of it that I paste onto a full layer and then scale and rotate to the right angle. For whatever reason, that was the angle I chose when I drew the image.

I regret nothing.

Thanks guys!

Added one in. Can't remember why I took it out, but there was a reason. Never mind, it's back in there now. JUST FOR YOU, PATRICK.

Laziness, basically. The smart thing to do would be to do some crease shading, but I guess I forgot. As far as the pattern goes, I have a Photoshop pattern of it that I paste onto a full layer and then scale and rotate to the right angle. For whatever reason, that was the angle I chose when I drew the image.

I regret nothing.

Draw that other guy, I want to see how you would make him not look stupid, don't think thats possible though!

Nachos

I regret nothing.

It's still a nice drawing, but I guess there's just a part of my brain that usually goes "NO, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ENJOY THIS FOR WHAT IT IS, BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH..." Still, I think the fact that I was basically the only detractor and over such a nitpicky detail, too, speaks volumes about how well of a job you did.

So was the school trip supposed to be a cameo of a previous Persona game? It sure felt like it.

And is there any reason Rise's persona gets increased stats every level? The skills I get, but why does her endurance, speed, luck, etc. go up?

Gazoinks

So was the school trip supposed to be a cameo of a previous Persona game? It sure felt like it.

And is there any reason Rise's persona gets increased stats every level? The skills I get, but why does her endurance, speed, luck, etc. go up?

1. Yeah, it's the setting of P3.
2. Y'know, I don't know. I don't think the stats do anything, I guess it was just easier to do that than have her get no gains.

I'm pretty sure the reason for that is to prevent the game from having a seizure if someone were to hack Rise's Persona onto the player character. It's the same reason why Johnny Yong Bosch recorded lines for summoning all of the party members' Personae.

Lemstar

Who here is planning on getting Bravely Default? I can preorder one or two more copies of the Collector's Edition at a 20% discount for people here ($39.99 + tax, free shipping - same price you'd be paying for the regular version), if anyone's interested.

Who here is planning on getting Bravely Default? I can preorder one or two more copies of the Collector's Edition at a 20% discount for people here ($39.99 + tax, free shipping - same price you'd be paying for the regular version), if anyone's interested.

I'd like to get it at some point, but Danganronpa comes out one week after BD and I'm not sure I'll be able to afford the special editions of two games so close to each other (especially with Sex and Chocolate Day at the same time).

Side note: The Wonderful 101 is balls awesome, but those turtle enemies are in the running for Worst Enemy of All Time. Even with the mighty hammer of JB Blanc, they still take way more effort than they're worth.

Sophia

I'd be interested, except I'm still not 100% sure I'll get it right away, and my parents would want to buy it retail due to it being a birthday gift.

Dam dats a good pic

Kanji's expression seems hilarious and out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom