• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

Seeing as a few of our members are living already in the future (2014), Happy New Year, PersonaGAF!

New year's resolution? To play at least two new Persona games, of course!!

Well, one of them, anyway. The biggest one is getting my degree (finally *-*)

Nachos

Happy New Year form Russian P-GAF!!!!
Let the year of Persona will be bright and our S.Links will get even stronger!!

С Новым годом! К сожалению, Я не знаю, как говорить по-русский очень хорошо...

(I've only taken two semesters of it so far, and even then, it was about a year ago.)

I've been meaning to ask you, but what typeface are you using for these? It looks familiar, but I just can't remember its name.

Squire

Banned

Amazing! Thanks so much!

I always really dig your choice of poses with these wallpapers. Awesome work.

...also, kind of makes me wish there was a version for Arena for Vita, too.

KOFXIII makes me wish the game was on PC.

Alright Persona/VitaGAF, I joined the club over the holiday and now I need some choice vita wallpapers, preferably persona themed. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, the Vita is real nice, really digging it. I'm glad I was finally able to find it and a memory card for a steal.

Congrats! I love the Vita. Always wish I spent more time with it.

Yo just poppin in to say the following: Happy New Years from Japan P-GAF!! Continue to be the BEST!

Cheers, Ken!

You've done it again!

Here's the first of the full-team wallpapers:

the_truth_seekers___persona_4_vita_wallpaper_by_darkside989-d707m2e.jpg

Awesome! Do you think you could make one using the P4D Rise?

I think that's possible. ;)

I've been meaning to ask you, but what typeface are you using for these? It looks familiar, but I just can't remember its name.

The font is good ol' Arial (Black). I do some additional stuff in Photoshop to make it look closer to the version used in Arena.

Wow your work is amazing :O. My Vita is getting a makeover with some of these.

If I can make another selfish request, would you be able to throw something together using this?

Do you want me to use that image with the wallpaper I already made or a different one? I can do this once I'm done with the Shadow Operatives one I'm working on at the moment.

Nachos

The font is good ol' Arial (Black). I do some additional stuff in Photoshop to make it look closer to the version used in Arena.

Okay, I never would've guessed it'd be something so simple. Then again, I've never really bothered with Arial - it was always Helvetica then and Open Sans now.

Acid08

Banned
I really need to get my hands on those books.

Still, I don't know how to feel about that. On one hand, it is kinda cool that they realized it yet didn't restructure everything. On the other, that's exactly the behavior that I'm really against. There is only so much time in the day, meaning that in the end, you do need to choose how you prioritize things. I believe that despite any impressions otherwise, almost all people have some likeable traits and, likewise, can connect with just about anyone. Still, most people simply don't have the time to make all those characteristics surface, so it's understandable that they'd gravitate more towards the people they hit it off with right off the bat. I think it'd be cool (though obviously a bit impractical) to have multiple options for each arcana (because fuck Kenji). They did it with the clubs, so I'd be interested in seeing that extended to all the non-party links (and possibly even some of them, Persona 1-2 style).

I'm curious, though. Did they ever mention anything about being forced to date all the girls in 3? They obviously thought that was an issue, since they changed it in 4.
No, they didn't say anything about the dating stuff. All the Slink talk was just about the philosophical ideas behind it.

They also made the point that no matter how man people a person interacts with, they'll never have enough time to meet them all. So that factored into the decision to leave the system as is.

Personally I think the logic behind it is sound and I'm just not someone who needs to do all the slinks. Unless I really want one Arcana's ultimate Persona I'll say fuck it to an s.link if I don't find it interesting.

Jintor

So yeah, it's the New Year! And since I only started playing Persona 4 Golden last year because I got it around Christmas time, that means I've been with PersonaGAF for around a year now! And let's figure out what that means. A year full of:

• Wholesome conversation
  • Being mad about videogames
  • Knowing people by their screennames but feeling like you've known them your whole life
  • Drawing stuff
  • Plot and Backstory
  • Teasing Dantis-kun
  • Trying to keep my head above water in conversations about Persona 1 and 2 which I don't understand
  • Being trolled by Atlus
  • Fanart dumps
  • Suddenly, a radio show appears
  • And much more!

So, thanks PersonaGAF, for everything. I'll see you fucks in Japan for the next Persona Music Live! LET'S DO IT

Tiu Neo

So yeah, it's the New Year! And since I only started playing Persona 4 Golden last year because I got it around Christmas time, that means I've been with PersonaGAF for around a year now! And let's figure out what that means. A year full of:

I just noticed it's been one year since I played this game, too. Holy fuck, time flies. I have to play it again. Or maybe play Persona 2, it's the only one I haven't played yet.

I'm not active here, but I like you guys. You are cool.

Arsenic13

I just watched my friend finish P4 for the first time. His body language spoke volumes on how he felt. I'm sure we've all experienced that. Anyone else observe a friend finish the game and see how meaningful it is?

Nachos

No, they didn't say anything about the dating stuff. All the Slink talk was just about the philosophical ideas behind it.

They also made the point that no matter how man people a person interacts with, they'll never have enough time to meet them all. So that factored into the decision to leave the system as is.

Personally I think the logic behind it is sound and I'm just not someone who needs to do all the slinks. Unless I really want one Arcana's ultimate Persona I'll say fuck it to an s.link if I don't find it interesting.

Yeah, I'm totally the same way. It's just that video games and completionists, in particular, go hand-in-hand a lot more. I'm still kinda iffy with a few links in P3, but I actually really like everyone in P4, even if I wasn't sure if I would initially. Still, I'm curious to know how fans would react if there was no reward for doing 100% (even though Orpheus Telos is a bit throwaway). Especially since it sounds like a max-run in 3 is quite a bit more grueling.

Dantis

• Wholesome conversation
  • Being mad about videogames
  • Knowing people by their screennames but feeling like you've known them your whole life
  • Drawing stuff
  • Plot and Backstory
  • Teasing Dantis-kun
  • Trying to keep my head above water in conversations about Persona 1 and 2 which I don't understand
  • Being trolled by Atlus
  • Fanart dumps
  • Suddenly, a radio show appears
  • And much more!

So, thanks PersonaGAF, for everything. I'll see you fucks in Japan for the next Persona Music Live! LET'S DO IT

Before I fight you, I'm going to give you a big PersonaGAF hug.

kewlmyc

Happy New Year! Another year with you terrible wonderful people. Hopefully next year is a good as this one is. Hope to meet some of you in person at EVO.

Being a robot, I shall tempt fate and ask for all of us. Cuz these images are nice. :O

Yukari and Junpei each took about 20 minutes to outline and trace, and another 5-10 minutes to clean them up enough to somewhat match the official sprites from Arena.

You have no idea how much I want Ultra Suplex Hold to come out so that I can have those sprites ripped...

Oh, I forgot to ask Sophia: Would you like an Aigis wallpaper in the style I've been doing recently? I have a couple of neat ideas I'd be willing to try out if you do. :)

Happy almost New Year PersonaGAF, it been a fun the last month and a falf since I joined NeoGAF. And lets have a great New Years and beyond.

My New Year's resoultion: I have a couple,
1. Play the PS2 SMT:DS Raidou Kuzunoha games and SMT: Strange Journey. Just so I can finished all of the SMT games that i can get my hands on that are in English.

2. Play some other Atlus games that they either published or developed. Along with the first one, I do want to try some of the other Atlus games that have been published over here, because I know people have said that some of the other games that have been localized over here are good. I'll take their word for it, because after enjoying this game.

Tail_Concerto_Coverart.png

I do wanna try some of their other stuff.

3. Being a more positive person, I think Maya's positive thinking has rubbed off onto me.

Sophia

Yukari and Junpei each took about 20 minutes to outline and trace, and another 5-10 minutes to clean them up enough to somewhat match the official sprites from Arena.

You have no idea how much I want Ultra Suplex Hold to come out so that I can have those sprites ripped...

Oh, I forgot to ask Sophia: Would you like an Aigis wallpaper in the style I've been doing recently? I have a couple of neat ideas I'd be willing to try out if you do. :)

I'm still using the previous Aigis wallpaper you made for the Vita >.> and I only use landscape style wallpapers for my desktop. :(

cjkeats

Happy New Years guys. Just after 12 here. Looking forward to the year of persona.
2. Play some other Atlus games that they either published or developed. Along with the first one, I do want to try some of the other Atlus games that have been published over here, because I know people have said that some of the other games that have been localized over here are good. I'll take their word for it, because after enjoying this game.

Tail_Concerto_Coverart.png
Holy crap this game. There was a demo disk that came with my ps1 that had the Japanese demo of it under the import section. I was fascinated by it. Never knew it came out in English and by Atlus of all people. Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom