• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

The real question is "How many of you could I win in a fight against?"

Because when push comes to shove, how many times I get hit in the face is all that matters.

I haven't sparred in a while, but I'd do okay!

I want to violin-duel against Scrafty and then we beat the crap outta each other though. That sounds like friendship to me

mria34t.png

Shadow Selves confirmed for P5.

Levito

Banned
Happy new year PersonaGAF! Hope none of you passed out in a ditch last night, or if you did--you at least made it home safely.

Why id everyone using IRL pics for avatars?

Nachos

It doesn't come up much, but Yukari is actually part giraffe, on her mother's side.

Well, that explains the giraffe-neck syndrome some of the characters have.

My real question is what the racial distribution of PersonaGAF is.

Oooooh did I go too far? Probably not. But until I'm proven wrong I'm going to claim the only asian award for only asian.
Twenty-year-old half-Mexican, half white mystery meat reporting in! Aside from some facial features and naturally olive skin, I'm super white though. It also does bullshit to my hair like naturally making it four different colors.

mria34t.png

The gift that just keeps giving.

Lunar15

mria34t.png

My new year prediction is that by the end of the year, either we'll have drafted an entire concept for a Persona game starring the Rock, or AtlusUSA will acknowledge this joke in one way or another.

Or, you know, we could kill it in a month.

Sophia

My new year prediction is that by the end of the year, either we'll have drafted an entire concept for a Persona game starring the Rock, or AtlusUSA will acknowledge this joke in one way or another.

The Rock is the joke that never dies. :D

Levito

Banned
Speaking of age, according to Skype it's a certain PersonaGAFer's birthday today.

Don't know if they want it shared so I wont say who it is, but if you're reading this--Happy birthday!

The trick is you don't bring it up too often.

Joe

Hi.

I am currently playing P4G and loving it, but it is my first JRPG in a long time.

Im having trouble and wondering if im not doing things correctly...

I am currently in the strip club trying to save Rise, on level 5 and im struggling/dying a lot.

My main character is level 28 and i shuffle between a few personas at ranging in levels 20-25.

My party members are levels 24-27, and my social links are 3-4 with them all.

Do these stats seem about right?

I do have trouble wondering what personas and skills i should be using.

Hi.

I am currently playing P4G and loving it, but it is my first JRPG in a long time.

I am currently in the strip club trying to save Rise, on level 5 and im struggling/dying a lot.

My main character is level 28 and i shuffle between a few personas at ranging in levels 20-25.

You need better Personas for your hero, probably.

Acid08

Banned
Hi.

Maybe go through the first two dungeons and do the optional bosses if you haven't already. It won't take too long.

Rakein

Neo Member
Hi.

This is the part of the game where they really start giving mobs strengths or flat out absorbs versus a type, so make sure you scan every new enemy you meet and take things slowly.

Spend some time on the first couple of floors. Whenever you get shuffle time the usual priority I give is Magician>Emperor>Personas>Whatever. You can gather up a bunch of personas and fuse them in the velvet room, I usually do this on days that have the Fusion Forecast : Skill Change. Sometimes you can get super lucky!

Tarakunda and Sukunda are super good against bosses, since you don't have access to the party wide buffs yet (At least I don't think so)

You can do it! Just keep at it and you'll finish the dungeon in no time. Things will get easier as you get access to more convenient abilities.

One more thing! It's a bit early, but I'd plan on fusing this persona asap: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Pazuzu . I think it's the earliest you can get Cool Breeze, which makes doing later dungeons a whole lot easier.

Sophia

Hi.

The information you've given is pretty useless. Speaking only of your levels, you're not behind or anything. What we really need to know is what Personae you're using and what skills; Persona 4 is a game where your levels don't really matter all that much

The striptease is one of the hardest dungeons in the game, so don't be surprised to lose a bit. It's also the first dungeon in which you'll regularly come across instant kill mechanics of more than one variety. Keep your buffs up, have a Persona with high endurance on hand for the Idle Basalt, and make sure you're prepared to deal with Light attacks from the birds.

Swedesu

The information you've given is pretty useless. Speaking only of your levels, you're not behind or anything. What we really need to know is what Personae you're using and what skills; Persona 4 is a game where your levels don't really matter all that much

The striptease is one of the hardest dungeons in the game, so don't be surprised to lose a bit. It's also the first dungeon in which you'll regularly come across instant kill mechanics of more than one variety. Keep your buffs up, have a Persona with high endurance on hand for the Idle Basalt, and make sure you're prepared to deal with Light attacks from the birds.
Obligatory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8G2leCrG8
Just watch the first one if you dont want spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom