• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
XoOqe2m.jpg

Nachos

So this is HeavenFrowny's sister posting a link to my recording for the audition for Nanako. I don't know what I was doing so I just farted into the mic. I would appreciate feedback because this is my first time doing something like this.

Send help.

Nachos

Hey, PGaf! Any 3DSers around here who wanna trade friend codes? I have no 3DS friends. ;_;

I am 3239-4044-8402
Mine's 2552-0597-8756. Friend Code Link go!

Also completed my first movie of 2014, Wolf Children. Easily my film of the year (2013).

Oh yeah, you're doing the 50/50 challenge, too, right? Have you started on any books?

My resolution is to finally follow my dream of becoming a journalist. There's a long road ahead of me, but it's just something I need to do.

Also I want to meet at least one PersonaGAFer in person, because you guys are awesome.
Speaking of which, any updates on the project? My sister insisted on being the one to post the Nanako clip above, but I still need to get her to do Naoto.

Not too late for the nationality stuff I hope. My mother's side is all italian, father's is all polish. Makes for some very interesting contrasts, especially since I have the stock loud italian family, yet my father's side is at a much more normal voice level, so sometimes seeing members from both sides in the same room can be funny

CorvoSol

I got Persona 4 Golden for Christmas! Until recently, the only Atlus RPG I had ever played was "Contact." And Code of Princess, if that counts. I'm currently playing Shin Megami Tensei 4 (which is frustrating as all hell, but fun), Persona 3 Portable (which feels more like a Visual Novel than an RPG most of the time), and Persona 4 Golden. P4G looks really stylish, and so far I'm enjoying it. Just fought Yosuke's disco frog thing tonight.

Gazoinks

I got Persona 4 Golden for Christmas! Until recently, the only Atlus RPG I had ever played was "Contact." And Code of Princess, if that counts. I'm currently playing Shin Megami Tensei 4 (which is frustrating as all hell, but fun), Persona 3 Portable (which feels more like a Visual Novel than an RPG most of the time), and Persona 4 Golden. P4G looks really stylish, and so far I'm enjoying it. Just fought Yosuke's disco frog thing tonight.

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE JUST ORDERED A STUPID LOOKING BOSS. You'll eventually get to the point where the game opens up properly. Loooong intro.

Is Contact good? That's one of those DS games I missed, like Ace Attorney.

CorvoSol

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE JUST ORDERED A STUPID LOOKING BOSS. You'll eventually get to the point where the game opens up properly. Loooong intro.

Contact is kinda quirky and fun. I like it, although to this day I think it has one of the most frustrating endings in any RPG I've ever played. For the most part you play as a kid out collecting junk for a professor. You get job class costumes along the way. Battle is sort of automatic but its still fun.

Not the best DS RPG, since the DS had stuff like TWEWY, Radiant Historia and the like, but yeah, not bad.

Oh, I think RH was Atlus, too, so I've played that.

PK Gaming

Oh wow, It'll be interesting having you around, that's for sure.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the game as a whole, keep us posted!

You're in for a treat.

Nachos

It's actually a Grasshopper Manufacture game, if that tells you anything. I basically thought it was really inspired by Earthbound, but it had some fun/flawed gameplay. Still, I enjoyed it, but I don't know how much copies cost nowadays.
Contact is kinda quirky and fun. I like it, although to this day I think it has one of the most frustrating endings in any RPG I've ever played.
I liked it, but yeah, it's definitely a Grasshopper-ish ending.

All things I haven't played! :p
Play them! I haven't played RH myself, but that was actually developed by Atlus Japan, unlike stuff like Contract.

CorvoSol

All things I haven't played! :p

You should get on that. Especially TWEWY. Probably the best RPG Square's put out in a good while.

Oh wow, It'll be interesting having you around, that's for sure.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the game as a whole, keep us posted!

You're in for a treat.

All I know is you can pick a waifu and I have decided to go with Rise and not Mari because Mari, as an addition to the game, reminds me of Mari from EVA which means she can take a hike. Rise looks fun, though. Between the two girls present, though, I dunno. Yukiko seems like a stick in the mud, so I'd probably go for Chie.

Things are easier in P3P. Waifu is Yukari. No second thoughts.

Gazoinks

You should get on that. Especially TWEWY. Probably the best RPG Square's put out in a good while.
Yeah, now that I've got a 3DS I've realized there's a big backlog of DS games I missed out on too: Professor Layton, TWEWY, Ghost Trick, the entirety of the Ace Attorney series, etc.

It's actually a Grasshopper Manufacture game, if that tells you anything. I basically thought it was really inspired by Earthbound, but it had some fun/flawed gameplay. Still, I enjoyed it, but I don't know how much copies cost nowadays.

The graphics definitely look it. Nintendo should put some DS titles up on the eShop to make this easier for me. :p

Moonlight

Banned
All I know is you can pick a waifu and I have decided to go with Rise and not Mari because Mari, as an addition to the game, reminds me of Mari from EVA which means she can take a hike. Rise looks fun, though. Between the two girls present, though, I dunno. Yukiko seems like a stick in the mud, so I'd probably go for Chie.

Things are easier in P3P. Waifu is Yukari. No second thoughts.
We're gonna get along juuuust fine.

I'd actually recommend you put off P3P until you finish P4G, they're both pretty involved, fairly similar games with a lot going on, so it might do them a little more justice if you kept the streams separate.

Also, when you're playing P3P, you will understand that FeMC is the best option (but play MaleMC first anyways).

Excited to see what you think, in any case!

I think I AM the only asian person here D:
I'm pretty darn Asian, don't you worry.

Nachos

Yeah, now that I've got a 3DS I've realized there's a big backlog of DS games I missed out on too: Professor Layton, TWEWY, Ghost Trick, the entirety of the Ace Attorney series, etc.

The graphics definitely look it. Nintendo should put some DS titles up on the eShop to make this easier for me. :p

Look into Trauma Center for even more Atlus goodness (even though there'll never be another game again ;_;) and Henry Hatsworth, which was published by EA back when they legitimately tried improving their image by putting stuff out like the first Dead Space and Mirror's Edge.

Gazoinks

Look into Trauma Center for even more Atlus goodness (even though there'll never be another game again ;_;) and Henry Hatsworth, which was put out by EA back when they legitimately tried improving their image by putting stuff out like the first Dead Space and Mirror's Edge.

Funnily enough, yesterday I discovered a copy of Trauma Center 2 in my DS Box that I've never played and didn't know I had. :D

Gazoinks

Did you ever find out where it came from? I think the Atlus gods might be trying to send you a message.

I think my dad bought it at Goodwill years ago and at the time I was like "What is this surgery game? Lame."

Either that or Jack Frost sneaked into my room and deposited goodness. Actually I like that idea more.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, the presentation in P3P doesn't do it any favors.

Meia

Got my Christmas Elizabeth in the mail a few days ago. Bonus points for it having a red santa hat as well as a red version of her normal hat so it's not weird to have her out across the year. Also bonus points for it being a magnet that just sticks to her head.

Was my first 1/8 scale figure, and wasn't expecting it to be that huge. Holy crap, I need more of these now. :p

Necrovex

Oh yeah, you're doing the 50/50 challenge, too, right? Have you started on any books

Yup! I would have started yesterday, but my library was closed. I am starting today, once I finish seeing some friends. My first book will be Quiet American. I may read Angels in America during the same period. One book that I really want to focus on later this month is Tales of Genji.

Wolf Children was a rewatch, but I saw a far better quality than I did back in May. My first official film for the 50/50 challenge will be Little Shops of Horrors.

Omikaru

Nope. It's on my rental list though.

W101 just isn't for me. It's like if Pikmin was a really ugly brawler.

Don't worry, you're not alone there. It seems TW101 isn't for many people, considering its sales. I was actually set on buying it until I played the demo. Horrible.

If you're set on playing a good Wii U game, get The Wind Waker HD. I know it's a remake/port of a Gamecube game, but it's a good game! Unless you're one of the ones who hated Wind Waker of course.

As far as new games go, between Bayonetta 2 and X, 2014 might actually be the year that Wii U gets an interesting game. Those two, at the very least, look promising.

Sophia

You wound me, sir

He wounds a lot of people.

Don't worry, you're not alone there. It seems TW101 isn't for many people, considering its sales. I was actually set on buying it until I played the demo. Horrible.

I don't think there's any game released in recent memory that had marketing as utterly awful as The Wonderful 101. Even Insomniac's Fuse had better marketing (by virtue of having none to actually speak of.)

Sophia

If Sakurai puts Wonder Red in Smash maybe it'll actually sell some copies.

Would be more effective marketing then anything Nintendo has done so far. Which means it probably won't happen.

Safe to say I have little hope for Bayonetta 2 as well, but at least that'll get some sales because of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom