• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemstar

I am literally the least weeb person in the thread.
2554611-naegi_you%27ve_got_that_wrong_game.png

Dantis

Real talk: it's a stupid way to marginalize other people's interests, even if there are some people who are certainly out of touch with their Japan worship.

I should probably point out that it was Jintor bringing a stupid Twitter conversation into here, and that's all.

Surprise! It was me, shadow-jintor, all along.

Question: Will the shadows in Dancing All Night be shadows of the characters or shadows like in Persona 3? I'm inclined to think that it will be shadows of the characters.

Which would actually be kind of neat.

Jintor

I should probably point out that it was Jintor bringing a stupid Twitter conversation into here, and that's all.

Well, I still think you're marginalising interests, and your refusal to try LLTQ purely on its art is as dumb as not wanting to play Dust: An Elysian Tale because its characters are all anthros or whatever. LLTQ is an interesting thing! And you should play it.

And also you're a huge weeb, because seriously, that art.

Dantis

Well, I still think you're marginalising interests, and your refusal to try LLTQ purely on its art is as dumb as not wanting to play Dust: An Elysian Tale because its characters are all anthros or whatever. LLTQ is an interesting thing! And you should play it.

And also you're a huge weeb, because seriously, that art.

I would argue that not playing a game because of its art is actually completely valid.

And pffffft, my art is fiiiiine. Barely even anime.

Jintor

I think it's bullshit, especially when you were talking about how interesting it sounded mechanically or aesthetically beforehand

now liking something more or less for its art, i can get behind that, but not actually playing something because of it is dummmmmmmmb

cj_iwakura

I would argue that not playing a game because of its art is actually completely valid.

And pffffft, my art is fiiiiine. Barely even anime.

It's anime as anime gets. You need to get over your pathological state of denial. Either go or get off the pot.

Levito

Banned
Famous weebs: Kanye West, Josh Barnett, Robin Williams.

Ok Kanye is unconfrimed but he has anime references in like every single music video. Josh Barnett and Robin Williams are big weebs though. Williams in particular had an Evangelion figure in his movie One Hour Photo. 100% serious, it was from his personal collection.

You can't fight what you are, Dantis.

No interest in tales?

Which one?

I bought Xilla earlier this year and still haven't finished it. haha

EMT0

Banned
I think it's bullshit, especially when you were talking about how interesting it sounded mechanically or aesthetically beforehand

now liking something more or less for its art, i can get behind that, but not actually playing something because of it is dummmmmmmmb

I...actually thinks it's valid. Something can have an art style that's offputting enough to not make me play it; ie Dragon's Crown, although this example falls under 'not BUY it full price, will play eventually'

Levito

Banned
I...actually thinks it's valid. Something can have an art style that's offputting enough to not make me play it; ie Dragon's Crown, although this example falls under 'not BUY it full price, will play eventually'

I see what you're saying, but taking the least (traditionally) feminine Persona 4 female character and dressing her up in a tight leather-low cut-catgirl outfit in a sexy pose even with an open mouth stare is quite anime. :p

Ok Kanye is unconfrimed but he has anime references in like every single music video. Josh Barnett and Robin Williams are big weebs though. Williams in particular had an Evangelion figure in his movie One Hour Photo. 100% serious, it was from his personal collection.

You can't fight what you are, Dantis.
Kanye tried to buy the rights to Akira or something like that and didn't like someone choosing spirited away over some other anime movie (for best anime movies of all times list). He also likes pacific rim.

Which one?

I bought Xilla earlier this year and still haven't finished it. haha
Symphonia is really really good.

edit:might as well add in Lupe Fiasco as well.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

a

And like a true nerd, it's still in its original packaging.

Levito

Banned
SO GUYS, do you guys think Persona Q will be just EO with a Persona skin or will there be enough 'new' stuff for it to stand on it's own. (talking mechanics here)

Enough's enough. Quit picking on the Dantis.

It's in jest.

Maybe Dantis is our Timothy Treadwell, and we're Grizzly Bears.

Symphonia is really really good.

So I've heard for many years, maybe I should get the HD collection.

If PQ is out in June for Japan, anyone else see us getting it the July or maybe even the same month? I think any internally developed Atlus title will come over really really fast, especially Persona. If I were in Euroland, I would not buy a European 3DS. I kinda feel sorry for them. I bet Arena will have a simultaneous launch as well.

SO GUYS, do you guys think Persona Q will be just EO with a Persona skin or will there be enough 'new' stuff for it to stand on it's own. (talking mechanics here)

Well it'll have thing like all out attacks and will still be heavily based around exploiting weaknesses like all megaten games are. I don't think it'll have any "draw your map" mechanics though. I have a feeling that you won't be switching personae either.

I hope there's more to it. I tried the EO4 demo before and it just never clicked, but I'd liek to give Persona Q a try mostly because, well, Persona.

Gazoinks

As much as I love EO, hopefully it's the latter. It'd be cool if they implemented One More into it, and I remember there being All Out Attacks in the trailer. Doesn't seem like there'll be any Persona fusing mechanics, though.

Drakengard 3-chat
There seem to be two competing interpretations of the game:
  1. It is way too self-conscious of its heritage and suffers trying to live up to the legacy
  2. It is aware of its heritage and is like 95% a pisstake of its legacy

(I'm hoping more for the latter)

I would not anticipate the mechanics being radically different from EOU, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with the skill system.

Moonlight

Banned
The little tidbits that I've seen from Q tell me that it's definitely going to be reasonably distinct from Etrian Odyssey. Not to mention, Kitajoh mentioned working hard to write Q's musical identity distinct from EO and mainline Persona despite some immediate familiarity. I don't see any reason not to believe this kind of philosophy wouldn't extend to the mechanics in some way.

cj_iwakura

Drakengard 3-chat
There seem to be two competing interpretations of the game:
  1. It is way too self-conscious of its heritage and suffers trying to live up to the legacy
  2. It is aware of its heritage and is like 95% a pisstake of its legacy

(I'm hoping more for the latter)

I'm sure it'll be great.

As much as I love EO, hopefully it's the latter. It'd be cool if they implemented One More into it, and I remember there being All Out Attacks in the trailer. Doesn't seem like there'll be any Persona fusing mechanics, though.

Dang, Persona/demon fusion was one my favorite things about the series.

Kenji is the worst slink ever. I wish every answer prompt that gave you just said "Slap the shit out of this loser."

For a second I read that as Kanji and was like "Aw hell naw"

But then I read it right

Yeah you're totally fucking right Kenji is the worst character.

I think it's mostly going to just be EO. Of course they will shove some Persona mechanics in, but nothing massive I think.

Moonlight

Banned
Despite all of P-GAF's divisions, the tension, the drama, we can all agree, unite even, over one immutable fact.

Kenji is the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom