• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

It's the music that plays on the title screen of Persona 4(vanilla and golden) when you don't press START. It also plays at one point during Golden as well...

A Corner of Memory

No idea if it actually translates to that, but there ya go. :p

misterF

Neo Member
Thanks so much! I'm still playing through Persona 3. I liked the music so much I listened to P4's OST but I couldn't find this particular song.

Dantis

I've got a feeling

that it's a demon

a dancing demon - no wait something isn't right there

It would be so fucking funny if their return to demons from P1 and P2 was in a dancing game spinoff.

I need to see more of this game. The amount that we don't know is killing me.

Speaking of which...

Alright, it's 2014 now, give me Persona 5 deets already!

BRING ON NEXT TUESDAY!

LET'S GO. TUESDAY, BEST DAY.

Andrefpvs

I'm a heretic, I know :(

g5UpEMX.png

I don't think we'll see P5 until around April. I wonder if they'll hold a little mini conference and announce some games for their little anniversary. Wold be cool to see a P5 trailer there.

EMT0

Banned
Dantis is right. We got four times the Persona to be anticipating this year. FOUR TIMES

Year of Atlus/Persona confirmed, sit back and cheer, here's to '14

511221-persona4_15_29.jpg

Nachos

Might also add some of you guys on my 3ds.

My friend code is: 5429-8134-5555
Since we're all being generous with our FC, here's mine 2552-0345-9222
3DS FC: 5069 4064 3310

Add me ;o

Added! (Mine's 2552-0597-8756.)This should make Bravely Default a bit easier now.

Here is something I just found last night.

Japanese commericals for Persona on the PS1.

Maki Version

Protagonist Version
Man, Vishnu, you sure look different. Have you been working out?

The EO representatives are just like, an entire guild stacked on top of each other that functions as a single character.
At long last, the map makes its long-awaited fighting game debut!

Out of curiosity, are any of you (besides Iwakura) getting Drakengard 3? I'm mildly interested in it, but it's has waaaay too much counting against it for me.

I'm getting it, almost for certain. These games always manage to have something insane in them, though I haven't read that many impressions since it came out in Japan.

SO GUYS, do you guys think Persona Q will be just EO with a Persona skin or will there be enough 'new' stuff for it to stand on it's own. (talking mechanics here)
I think it's definitely going to be primarily an Etrian game, in the same way Dancing All Night is going to be primarily a Dingo game. It seems like all of these collaborations are to inject a bit of Persona flavor into other franchises, but without completely overtaking their identity. It's like bringing on a guest musician; obviously you're going to want to shape and guide things a bit, but you'd hopefully have the sense to let them shine. This is the anniversary of Atlus, not just Persona. We're already getting 5, so I'd hope they'd have the sense to make Q different and not just a retread. Heck, based off of what little we've seen and my experience with the Etrian games, I wouldn't be surprised if knock-downs were gone completely.

Dantis

In North America, that is.

Sorry Europe :(

Honestly, I'll probably import a JP copy of P4D anyway.

PQ, I can wait for. I'm still not sure how interested in it I am. Like, I'll play it, but I'm not at all hyped.

I think it's definitely going to be primarily an Etrian game, in the same way Dancing All Night is going to be primarily a Dingo game. It seems like all of these collaborations are to inject a bit of Persona flavor into other franchises, but without completely overtaking their identity. It's like bringing on a guest musician; obviously you're going to want to shape and guide things a bit, but you'd hopefully have the sense to let them shine. This is the anniversary of Atlus, not just Persona. We're already getting 5, so I'd hope they'd have the sense to make Q different and not just a retread. Heck, based off of what little we've seen and my experience with the Etrian games, I wouldn't be surprised if knock-downs were gone completely.

I think you're right.

Dantis

It's probably likely that we wont see P5 for quite some time.

I think so too.

On the run up to Arena and Golden, on the other hand, we got a small update nearly every week at one point. By the time Golden came out they'd shown virtually everything new in it outside of the epilogue, haha. I think it will be similar with P4U, P4D and PQ.

im hoping for some awesome not just persona announcements for this anniversary :p

Brace for disappointment then, buddy.

Nachos

The one thing I'm most curious about for Q is that burst have, though. For anyone who hasn't played EO4, each action you do for each character builds energy for a burst gauge shared between everyone. After reaching a certain point, it'll turn into a usable stock that can be burned on an equipped burst move, which range from doing extra damage to buffing everyone drastically to having a high chance of shutting down one enemy completely (removing its ability to cast magic, cutting its physical attack in half and preventing it from dodging attacks in a single move). These cost anywhere between one stock to five (the maximum possible).

Considering Etrian traditionally treats striking weaknesses differently (stuff like regaining some SP when you strike a weakness or turning single-target attacks into spread ones), I think the all-out attacks have a good chance of just becoming a burst move.

Omikaru

Nope. I'm saying that I don't mind waiting for PQ, so it doesn't bother me that I'll have to. It will likely be mid 2015 until EU sees it.

It might be sooner, depending on who is publishing it. If NoE decides to release it here, then RIP. It'll be multi-5 and we'll have to wait until it's all translated into European languages, dialogue re-recorded with horrible English voice actors, and anything that might make the Daily Mail angry censored.

:3

Seriously though, if NoE picks this one up we're fucked. It'll take forever, like SMT IV is. Here's to hoping NISA can just take the North American edition and release it here quickly.

CorvoSol

Guys, I uh, guys I hate Teddie. I hate him. He makes every conversation unnecessarily longer by asking what EVERYTHING is and generally being a pain in the butt. I hate Teddie, and so far I'm not too sweet on Marie, either.

kewlmyc

Guys, I uh, guys I hate Teddie. I hate him. He makes every conversation unnecessarily longer by asking what EVERYTHING is and generally being a pain in the butt. I hate Teddie, and so far I'm not too sweet on Marie, either.

I'm okay with you hating Marie, but Teddie? That's unbearable.

Also.... fuck Minotaur and fuck Walter for giving him "smirk" with his fire attacks.

Acid08

Banned

Teddie will grow on you. He really comes into his own.

Marie is literally trash from a garbage can though, so you're good on that.

Gazoinks

I'm okay with you hating Marie, but Teddie? That's unbearable.

Also.... fuck Minotaur and fuck Walter for giving him "smirk" with his fire attacks.

The mixed blessing of AI-controlled party members. At least they can take blows for you.

And yeah, Teddie starts off kinda annoying, but he gets more likable as time goes on. He has a pretty solid arc.

Marche90

It might be sooner, depending on who is publishing it. If NoE decides to release it here, then RIP. It'll be multi-5 and we'll have to wait until it's all translated into European languages, dialogue re-recorded with horrible English voice actors, and anything that might make the Daily Mail angry censored.

Seriously though, if NoE picks this one up we're fucked. It'll take forever, like SMT IV is. Here's to hoping NISA can just take the North American edition and release it here quickly.

Would you believe me if I told you that I'm considering importing a PAL 3DS for the normally Multi-5 releases?

I want a few friends of mine to try Fire Emblem and SMTIV, but they don't know a lick of English. FE came out in Spanish over ther and SMT most likely will too.

Either that or convince my sister of buying one for herself, since she will be traveling to Europe this year. She normally doesn't play video games, but she likes Fire Emblem e.e

Anyway, new info. TUESDAY CAN NOT COME SOON ENOUGH. RIGHT, GUYS?

Dantis

Like I say, I can wait. It's kind of doing nothing for me right now.

The soundtrack sounds good, considering that it's apparently a Kitajoh OST though.

Would you believe me if I told you that I'm considering importing a PAL 3DS for the normally Multi-5 releases?

I want a few friends of mine to try Fire Emblem and SMTIV, but they don't know a lick of English. FE came out in Spanish over ther and SMT most likely will too.

Either that or convince my sister of buying one for herself, since she will be traveling to Europe this year. She normally doesn't play video games, but she likes Fire Emblem e.e

GONNA BE DANCING ALL NIGHT.

AND COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NEW OUTFITS.

Gazoinks

I only recently found that I really like EO4, so I'm definitely pretty hyped for PQ. P4D...? Well I don't have a Vita. :p Honestly, I think I'm more curious just how ridiculous the story will end up than about the actual gameplay. The stuff they've revealed so far is already pretty silly.

Nachos

How far are you? The general consensus sends to be that Marie sucks, while Teddie's great.

How much of a presence does Sega have in Europe? I thought one of the benefits of the acquisition would be that Atlus would finally have a presence or there.

PK Gaming

It's cliched but just give him some time, he'll grow on you. There's a turning point with his character that makes him infinitely more appealing.

Hating on Marie? Don't worry, that's normal.

Omikaru

I can sympathise with wanting a game in your own language, and I totally think anyone should be prepared to wait if they want to play a properly localised game. However, being from the UK, it's incredibly frustrating to have to wait for games to be localised into four languages I don't give a shit about, when the one I want to play it in is ready to roll.

How much of a presence does Sega have in Europe? I thought one of the benefits of the acquisition would be that Atlus would finally have a presence or there.

They used to have a big presence, but now they are a digital only publisher in Europe. If they want to release physical product over here they need to partner up with someone to do it.

I'm generally ambivalent to digital/physical with most games, but when it comes to stuff I love the most I'd much prefer a physical edition so that it's not lost at some point in the future. On the most part, if Sega screw us on a physical release it's not such a big deal since I can import, but on 3DS that's just not possible.

Plus I think in the short term, at least, Atlus USA will be handling distribution, meaning they need to partner up with someone to release the game in Europe. Unless, of course, they release the game digital only as they did with Rock of Ages and Persona 1 on PSP.

CorvoSol

How far are you? The general consensus sends to be that Marie sucks, while Teddie's great.

Only in Yukiko's castle, so I'm open to the idea that Teddie improves. Marie is pretty meh, though. Her outfit is terrible and crazy in a game where people's clothing actually doesn't seem that crazy, and a frumpy grump girl who performs a side task at best does not sell me on her at all.

It's cliched but just give him some time, he'll grow on you. There's a turning point with his character that makes him infinitely more appealing.

Hating on Marie? Don't worry, that's normal.

Okay then.

Speaking of Walter I kinda felt that both he and Jonathan were useless chumps. Isabeau is the best one for certain.

Gazoinks

Only in Yukiko's castle, so I'm open to the idea that Teddie improves. Marie is pretty meh, though. Her outfit is terrible and crazy in a game where people's clothing actually doesn't seem that crazy, and a frumpy grump girl who performs a side task at best does not sell me on her at all.

Okay then.

Speaking of Walter I kinda felt that both he and Jonathan were useless chumps. Isabeau is the best one for certain.

Yeah, Teddia does a lot of growing. His S.Link is tied into the plot, which means that his arc is actually one of the more prominent ones. Yukiko's castle is still kinda part of the intro, although they apparently tweaked that a bit in Golden.

Isabeau secretly reads The Rose of Versaille so she is clearly best. Walter is pretty solid on the bro scale so far though.

Yeah, Teddia does a lot of growing. His S.Link is tied into the plot, which means that his arc is actually one of the more prominent ones. Yukiko's castle is still kinda part of the intro, although they apparently tweaked that a bit in Golden.

Isabeau secretly reads The Rose of Versaille so she is clearly best. Walter is pretty solid on the bro scale so far though.

Nah Jonathan is the true bro of SMTIV

TEAM JONATHAN!!!

Acid08

Banned

ah yeah, you're nowhere yet. Give Teddie some time!

Gazoinks

Team They're All My Bros(even Isabeau) Except Navarre, who I pity and dislike

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND LUXUROR GLORY, FILTHY CASUAL
RY

Chet and Corvo playing P4 kinda makes me want to replay it on NG+. Or someone could lend me their Vita so I could play Golden. :p

Nachos

They used to have a big presence, but now they are a digital only publisher in Europe. If they want to release physical product over here they need to partner up with someone to do it.

I'm generally ambivalent to digital/physical with most games, but when it comes to stuff I love the most I'd much prefer a physical edition so that it's not lost at some point in the future. On the most part, if Sega screw us on a physical release it's not such a big deal since I can import, but on 3DS that's just not possible.

Plus I think in the short term, at least, Atlus USA will be handling distribution, meaning they need to partner up with someone to release the game in Europe. Unless, of course, they release the game digital only as they did with Rock of Ages and Persona 1 on PSP.
Oh wow, I had no idea they had fallen that far off, especially since the two had teamed up for distribution in Japan before Atlus was even bought. In that case, yeah, I can see how things might become a bit more hokey, though.

Marie is the frumpiest of the frumps, and she'll stay a secondary character for the majority of the game, until they force you to care about her late in the game, despite there not being that much character development. She's well acted, thanks to Eden Riegel just being a good voice actress, but she can only salvage so much. Teddie, on the other hand, isn't just some throwaway mascot character. He has a real (and good) character arc.

Speaking of which, I really liked Isabeau in SMT4, but I worry that might be because she and Burroughs were the only halfway decent characters in that trainwreck of a story. Solid voice acting aside, there really weren't many memorable characters in it, and the supposed representatives of each alignment made a pretty shit argument for you joining their side.

Acid08

Banned
I really need to get back into SMTIV, I only got about 5 hours in. Still in that first area and it was kind of kicking my ass tbh.

kewlmyc

Jonathan's hair is too fluffy. Walter is clearly the superior bro.

Pellaidh is the real best bro though. "They can't clean me, bro!"

I'm cool with Jonathan so far, but Walter a shit for (SMT IV early-ish spoilers)
giving me shit for not immediately putting down my lifelong friend. Really Walter?

Also Yu seems like he would be a good dancer. Yosuke seems like he would hit his head while trying to breakdance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom