• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

People who hate Wind Waker are as dead inside as Derrick is.

Started to play Wonderful 101. The music is amazing so far, and I like the artstyle. Can't say more than that since I am not even a half hour in.

Meia

To be fair, I hated Wind Waker because it struck me as incredibly lazy in terms of a Zelda game.

Let's have classic Zelda format where you have to find 7 things to finish the game, but dungeons? Pshaw, that's such a ZELDA thing to do, SAIL BITCHES! :|

Dantis

I might draw the P4 characters in Super Sentai outfits. Good idea?

Don't worry, you're not alone there. It seems TW101 isn't for many people, considering its sales. I was actually set on buying it until I played the demo. Horrible.

If you're set on playing a good Wii U game, get The Wind Waker HD. I know it's a remake/port of a Gamecube game, but it's a good game! Unless you're one of the ones who hated Wind Waker of course.

As far as new games go, between Bayonetta 2 and X, 2014 might actually be the year that Wii U gets an interesting game. Those two, at the very least, look promising.

I love Wind Waker. It's on my rental list, they just haven't sent it me yet.

No interest at all in Bayonetta, and very little in X.

Dantis

If they had helmets on, how would you know that it was them? :p

I was just thinking it would be neat, and then I could customise each outfit slightly to match each character.

Lunar15

Dantis, I thought you sold your Wii U?

W101 is in my top 3 games from last year, but it sure as hell ain't for everyone. Honestly, I disliked it for a solid 3 hours before it clicked. I think that's pretty bad game design from anyone's point of view, but when it clicks, it clicks.

The game's just really horrific at explaining its systems. It's like everyone who works for platinum is an expert at their own games and some kind of group think takes over when they design tutorials. MGR had this problem as well, but nowhere near as severe as W101.

In other news, DDS 1+2 come in today. Psyched to finally start this. Any tips?

Marche90

I love Wind Waker. It's on my rental list, they just haven't sent it me yet.

No interest at all in Bayonetta, and very little in X.
Uh... sure, why not? Go for it

Also, can't believe you haven't found a single game that you liked. What types of games do you even like!?

LATE LATE LATE as usual with this stuff. Why do you guys always talk about good stuff when I'm sleeping :(

Anyway, 23 Y/o, hispanic ethnicity.

Dantis

Tried to sell my Wii U back in June, and failed. They offered me a vastly reduced price because I scratched it, haha. STUCK WITH THE BASTARD FOREVER.

I don't think you need any advice for DDS except for learning how the hunting and ability-EXP system works. It's pretty easy. Play it however, and just enjoy it. Great game.

Also be sad that the drunkards at Atlus US replaced the opening song (A Meguro track, no less) with an electronic pop song (Which is actually an alright song, but whatever).

Superior EU/JP opening.

Uh... sure, why not? Go for it

Also, can't believe you haven't found a single game that you liked. What types of games do you even like!?

LATE LATE LATE as usual with this stuff. Why do you guys always talk about good stuff when I'm sleeping :(

Anyway, 23 Y/o, hispanic ethnicity.
I guess it's unfair to say that there hasn't been a single game I've liked. I enjoyed NSMBU quite a lot (Though I'd never buy it) and thought Luigi U was decent.

Everything else I've played has been nothankyou.jpg.

Lunar15

I wondered about that. The intro didn't sound like Meguro at all, whereas 2's intro is definitely Meguro.

I guess that clears that up.

Hey, PGaf! Any 3DSers around here who wanna trade friend codes? I have no 3DS friends. ;_;

I am 3239-4044-8402

Mine is 4897-6038-8992

I was thinking I should watch that tonight.

Me too, I've been hearing only good things about it.

Speaking of genealogy, my grandmother discovered a few years ago that her ancestral family (Campbell) once invited her best friend's ancestral family to their home and poisoned them all. xD

I think we're related then; I'm Scottish and French (Canadian) mostly, and the Scottish ancestry was Clan Campbell. We're bastards for sure! XD

Does anyone have any interesting New Years Resolutions they'd like to share?

My main one is finishing the Tough Mudder I signed up for. It's on June 1st, so I've still got time to prepare. On the VG side, I just want to finish some of the games from last year that I missed due to my injury...

Oh, and:

Things are easier in P3P. Waifu is Yukari. No second thoughts.

Welcome, and enjoy P4G. I can already see we'll be friends. :)

tumblr_myhuzoDI2z1r2mgglo1_500.png

we're all doomed

Aww hell yeah

Awesome art.

TWILT

Banned
Hey, PGaf! Any 3DSers around here who wanna trade friend codes? I have no 3DS friends. ;_;

I am 3239-4044-8402
5284-2206-1177. I'll add you in a bit.

W101 is in my top 3 games from last year, but it sure as hell ain't for everyone. Honestly, I disliked it for a solid 3 hours before it clicked. I think that's pretty bad game design from anyone's point of view, but when it clicks, it clicks.

The game's just really horrific at explaining its systems. It's like everyone who works for platinum is an expert at their own games and some kind of group think takes over when they design tutorials. MGR had this problem as well, but nowhere near as severe as W101.
I'm playing through W101 right now (finished Operation 003 last night) and this is pretty much how I feel. It took a while for it to click for me (and tbh, I'm still getting used to it), but once it does, it's really great. I think I still slightly prefer MGR as my Platinum Games of choice.

Lunar15

I'm playing through W101 right now (finished Operation 003 last night) and this is pretty much how I feel. It took a while for it to click for me (and tbh, I'm still getting used to it), but once it does, it's really great. I think I still slightly prefer MGR as my Platinum Games of choice.

If you're on operation 003 and it's already started to click, you're really in the clear. It just keeps getting better and better. The key is to craft credit cards and use them to get the more expensive upgrades right away, like the Ukemi. I hate how platinum locks away everything behind upgrades because it makes their games leave a really bad first impression. There's no reason you should have to buy core mechanics such as blocking or dodging in any game, and that goes for MGR too. It's even worse in MGR since countering is what that game is all about.

But yeah, whereas I felt that MGR's second half was a little underwhelming (save for the final boss), W101 just keeps getting more ridiculous and amazing. That's the key difference that gives W101 the slight edge in my eyes. Also, W101 just has a lot more variety. Of course, not everything it tries completely works, but it really avoids getting stale. Both MGR and W101 are in my top favorite games from last year, though, so that's a thing.

If you're on operation 003 and it's already started to click, you're really in the clear. It just keeps getting better and better. The key is to craft credit cards and use them to get the more expensive upgrades right away, like the Ukemi. I hate how platinum locks away everything behind upgrades because it makes their games leave a really bad first impression. There's no reason you should have to buy core mechanics such as blocking or dodging in any game, and that goes for MGR too. It's even worse in MGR since countering is what that game is all about.

But yeah, whereas I felt that MGR's second half was a little underwhelming (save for the final boss), W101 just keeps getting more ridiculous and amazing. That's the key difference that gives W101 the slight edge in my eyes. Also, W101 just has a lot more variety. Of course, not everything it tries completely works, but it really avoids getting stale. Both MGR and W101 are in my top favorite games from last year, though, so that's a thing.

My exact thoughts on W101. Played the demo and it was kind of confusing and I wasn't a big fan of it at first, but by the last mission for the first Operation, I was fucking hooked and with how much more insane it gets, it was easily my GOTY this year. Such a fantastic game.

Squire

Banned

Excellent idea! I was just thinking the other day someone should do this!

In other news, DDS 1+2 come in today. Psyched to finally start this. Any tips?

Yeah, Platinum needs to stop doing that and the fans need to stop defending it. Your rich mechanics are worthless if you can't stop and properly explain them to me on a base level.

Reminds me of how people needs the Rising demo impressions thread to tell them there are actually a fob of moves in the game, with no mention whatsoever in the demo. Looking forward to playing that on PC next week though. Not looking forward to the download. 25GB, Jesus. -_-

Me too, I've been hearing only good things about it.

I was going to, but the section I was playing of Rsident Evil: Revelations last night (that game is GOOD,btw) took longer than I expected.

Moonlight

Banned
Wolf Children is fucking amazing, just so you guys know. Bought the blu-ray for myself for Christmas, it's just as good as the last time I saw it.

I am 3239-4044-8402
Just noticed this, my FC is 3668-7701-9486. Already added you.

I don't think there's any game released in recent memory that had marketing as utterly awful as The Wonderful 101.

Anarchy Reigns. I legitimately cannot remember a single thing of marketing the game had going for the US release after Sega delayed that game for fuck knows whatever reason they did.

Man, Platinum just gets the shit end of the stick with marketing sadly.

Anarchy Reigns. I legitimately cannot remember a single thing of marketing the game had going for the US release after Sega delayed that game for fuck knows whatever reason they did.

Great games and shit marketing. It's really sad.

Lunar15

Konami actually advertised MGR and the game sold fairly well. Go figure!

Having a solid IP behind it helped too, I'm sure.

A lot of their games wouldn't sell even if they marketed them. Who is Wonderful 101 meant to appeal to? In the west it would have been the equivalent of burning money. Same with Anarchy Reigns.

I completely agree with this, particularly on the console side. If Platinum was quicker about getting their games on PC, I think they could find a more stable audience. God bless 'em for making the games they want to make though. I'm sure it sucks for them (or really, the people funding them) but man, it's so refreshing.

Dantis

A lot of their games wouldn't sell even if they marketed them. Who is Wonderful 101 meant to appeal to? In the west it would have been the equivalent of burning money. Same with Anarchy Reigns.

Acid08

Banned
I hope Bayonetta 2 does well. I know there aren't many Wii U owners out there but hopefully they'll be interested in an M rated character action game starring a sexed up librarian.......yeah it's going to bomb. I'll hopefully have a Wii U by the time it comes out though, love the first game.

Platinum is one of the best game studios out there, and it's a dang shame that their games don't get the sales they deserve.

Seriously though, I'm hard-pressed to think of one Platinum/Clover game that I actually dislike. They gave me two of my Top 10 games of 2013, including my #1. That by itself is a testament to their competence.

Squire

Banned
AR and Vanquish (the latter of which needs to be on PC, btw) could've caught on with bros, had they been marketed.

I hope whatever they do after Bayo 2 is a reasonable hit. Making great games that always flop makes it hard for a studio to keep getting work.

Which, in the year our Luigi Lord 2014, means resorting to Kickstarter. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't want to see PG go that route.

Caladrius

I just discovered that I have a twitter account that's been dormant for two years. So uh...

@Girasmax

I mean like, aesthetically, and in terms of premise, it doesn't seem like something that would appeal to any kind of western audience.

I think it was meant to be marketed at comic book fans aged 6-12 .

Caladrius

I adore Platinum but Anarchy Reigns was terrible.

I didn't know what to make of it. Madworld was much better though. I kept thinking about how bizarre it was that they would use the characters and make an almost completely different game off of it. I was hoping they would make a legit sequel.

kewlmyc

I love Platnium, but Anarchy Reigns is shit. The multiplayer can't even save it. I wasn't a big fan of Madworld either. Still need to play Vanquish, Bayonetta, and Okami (own all 3). I adore MGR and I doubt I'll ever get a Wii U so no Bayo 2 and W101 for me.

Acid08

Banned
I love Platnium, but Anarchy Reigns is shit. The multiplayer can't even save it. I wasn't a big fan of Madworld either. Still need to play Vanquish, Bayonetta, and Okami (own all 3). I adore MGR and I doubt I'll ever get a Wii U so no Bayo 2 and W101 for me.
I liked all three of those games. Vanquish seems like the most contentious game of them. Hopefully you like it, I found it fun. Okami and Bayo are leagues better though.

It would've been so fucking godlike if I didn't need multiple consoles to do local multiplayer with my friends.

Seriously why no local vs was in that game is far beyond me. Oh well, at least (in the rare chance you can find enough people to play it with) Death Ball is an absolute blast.

Nachos

Just noticed this, my FC is 3668-7701-9486. Already added you.
1478-3050-4649
Mine is 4897-6038-8992
You guys mind if I add you all, too? I just thought it'd be weird to add you without even asking first. For the record, my code's 2552-0597-8756.

Yup! I would have started yesterday, but my library was closed. I am starting today, once I finish seeing some friends. My first book will be Quiet American. I may read Angels in America during the same period. One book that I really want to focus on later this month is Tales of Genji.

Wolf Children was a rewatch, but I saw a far better quality than I did back in May. My first official film for the 50/50 challenge will be Little Shops of Horrors.

Cool, hopefully I'll see you in the book club thread, then. It's funny, because I've been a member for a while now, but I'm only really now looking into off-topic and its community stuff. So far, it seems really cool, though.

I adore Platinum but Anarchy Reigns was terrible.
Gonna have to agree with what everyone's said do far. Still, at least the music was rad.

TWILT

Banned
Still have yet to play MadWorld and Vanquish in terms of Platinum Games (well, there's also Anarchy Reigns, but I'm not really interested in that all that much). Maybe one day...

Levito

Banned
In terms of pure gameplay-- it pretty hard to top Platinum Games. The depth an fluidity to the combat in Bayonetta is basically unrivalled.

I really hope they don't keep having bomba's because that studio is incredible.

UNREALATED: Have any of you weebs ordered anything from Rightstuf.com before? If so--was it a pleasant experience?

kewlmyc

In terms of pure gameplay-- it pretty hard to top Platinum Games. The depth an fluidity to the combat in Bayonetta is basically unrivalled.

I really hope they don't keep having bomba's because that studio is incredible.

UNREALATED: Have any of you weebs ordered anything from Rightstuf.com before? If so--was it a pleasant experience?

Yeah, they're cool. What are you planning on buying? The overly expensive Fate/Zero boxsets.

Dantis

Speaking of weebs, YesAsia have Persona capsule toys in their free Japan Minis thing, so if anyone was intending to import any CDs or whatever, it might be worth knowing.

Levito

Banned
Keats--I'll be sending you that box of goodies later today. We'll finally find out how long it takes Canada post to reach one end of the country to the other.

Yeah, they're cool. What are you planning on buying? The overly expensive Fate/Zero boxsets.

That'd be exactly what I'm going after.

Fuck we always joke about that Aigis Vanquish game but I would seriously love that.

cjkeats

Keats--I'll be sending you that box of goodies later today. We'll finally find out how long it takes Canada post to reach one end of the country to the other.

That'd be exactly what I'm going after.

I didn't think about it, but it is quite literally going from one end to the other isn't it? Wow. This will be a great test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom