• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

I want more costumes in p5 preferably tastless and pandering so neogaf can lose it shit over another dumb thread.

Seriously though more costumes.

My thoughts exactly. Or at least the characters should wear more than two stinking outfits the entire year.

Dantis

My thoughts exactly. Or at least the characters should wear more than two stinking outfits the entire year.

I was actually thinking this too. If they had a variety of 'real' clothes for each season that they varied between.

I'd rather have actual factual costumes than I would gimmicky ones, actually, I think.

Nachos

Don't forget to throw in "Kyaa! Ecchi!" moments.

I've been trying to use Pandora to find some new music to listen to. I tried Punk Rock, but every other song being about "Bawww, baby girl. I want you back, or I'll kill myself" is getting annoying.

Yeah, if that was my first impression was shitty pop punk, I'd be turned off the genre, too.

If you haven't already, try seeing if Sleater-Kinney's in there. They changed their style a lot while they were active, from outright riot grrl to poppy rock to hard rock.

Anyway, what, from anything you've listened to, did you like?

Acid08

Banned
It would definitely be cool if everyone could have more than School Uniform, Summer Outfit, Winter Outfit. People usually wear more than one outfit for months on end.

Jintor

I really want to see the fashion design of p5

I mean, it'd be part of the larger aesthetic design of p5, but it'd still be hella interesting

Dantis

I really want to see the fashion design of p5

I mean, it'd be part of the larger aesthetic design of p5, but it'd still be hella interesting

Re-predicting something I've been saying for ages: The uniform will include a tartan pattern somewhere on it.

Moonlight

Banned
Actually, this reminds me, and is relevant to the original question: I want to customize my character's appearance. At least, pick their clothing piecemeal or whatever.

Also, I think I've got a pretty broad taste in music. I listen to tons of indie pop/rock, but I got introduced to Peste Noire a while ago which got me a bit curious about black metal and metal in general, so there's that too. I really dig ska, too, and would not object at all if that was the direction that P5 took. Obviously I keep Persona in my rotation constantly, along with a dollop of other Japanese stuff.

Given that it's using "Prison" as a theme (instead of Italian Gangsters), I'm guessing the fashion will be Gucci.
Xe83KAT.jpg

(I would not mind Actual Fashion making its way into P5 as alternate costumes)

Has there been any news about P4D in the past month? I've been pretty absent from it all recently.

I've been trying to use Pandora to find some new music to listen to. I tried Punk Rock, but every other song being about "Bawww, baby girl. I want you back, or I'll kill myself" is getting annoying.

Not sure what punk music you been listening to. Try some 70's British punk. That's my 'core' taste in music.

Given that it's using "Prison" as a theme (instead of Italian Gangsters), I'm guessing the fashion will be Gucci.

(I would not mind Actual Fashion making its way into P5 as alternate costumes)

I am 100% for this. I would love some inspired fashion choices.

Nachos

I know that band from Gone Home! xD

My own music taste is fairly varied I think, but I like a lot of classic rock, art rock, new wave, electronic, etc.

Wait, it's referenced in Gone Home? They're probably my favorite band of all time, so I probably should get to playing it sooner. Most people learn about them nowadays through stuff like Portlandia, since Carrie Brownstein moved onto that after the band broke up.

I wonder if Igor is even going to be in the game. Persona Q is not a good sign.
How so? Since the game's based on Etrian, I don't think they would've been able to insert fusing without changing the game balance completely. If anything, the death of his voice actor would be the only determinantat at the moment.

But anyway, does anyone have any music recommendations? I've been going back to stuff local to Baltimore and have been re-listening to a dream rock band called Secret Mountains, but I'd be interested in checking out anything you guys like.

Gazoinks

Wait, it's referenced in Gone Home? They're probably my favorite band of all time, so I probably should get to playing it sooner. Most people learn about them nowadays through stuff like Portlandia, since Carrie Brownstein moved onto that after the band broke up.

Yeah, the game has a lot of Riot Grrrl music in it. I actually can't remember if Sleater-kinney themselves are referenced, but Corin Tucker's first band appears and she talks about both in the commentary.

For me the Persona designs matter much more than the character designs, I just love me some gigantic myth monsters.

Bald. In order to include Igor in the game without having to find a new VA, Igor is the protagonist.
genius

as for the hair color of the MC: I have a feeling that its either going to be black or red even though i'd much prefer black

Acid08

Banned
MC's hair will probably be a weird colour again, right?

Even though I think that, I'm going to say brown.

Get out of town.
Before the P5 trailer I thought it might be some crazy red. If that's going to be the color of the game though, I doubt they'd make the hair the same color.

Normal colors just seem wrong.

c'mon don't tell me that this:

is more exciting than this:
Both are important but I definitely like the character designs more than the Persona designs.

Before the P5 trailer I thought it might be some crazy red. If that's going to be the color of the game though, I doubt they'd make the hair the same color.

Normal colors just seem wrong.

Well Persona 3's color was blue and the MC's hair color was also blue

He's a massive character design weeb, is probably the short answer that he may or may not appreciate.

So am I, and don't get me wrong I'm excited as hell for character designs, but the persona designs are sooooo cool that I just can't wait, and I'm not just excited for their designs, I want to see their mythological theme, if they're doing another "journey to the underworld" mythological character for the MC, etc, etc.

I consider Persona design part of the character design in this series, just looking at their Personas you can learn a lot about a character. I'm also a huge mythology buff, so there's that.

p.s. has anybody noticed that Jiraiya has little hurricane symbols on the back of his hands? #sogood

Tiu Neo

If it wasn't for Sho, I would still bet on that exact tone of red. I still think it could be a darker red, now.

Fun Fact: Blond/Blonde are actually different gender forms of the same word, and one of the few gendered English words. Men are blond, women are blonde.

Captain Pedantry, AWAY~!

I knew that, but only because english is not my first language, and we learn a lot of useless/uncommon things on english classes.

I've begun work on my next project, and I'm looking for some preliminary feedback from you all!

For the first new Persona game of 2014 - Persona Q - I'm doing a set of Vita and iOS wallpapers featuring all of the characters. So far they've released 10 on the official site, and as they update with more I'll simply add them in. In addition, there's several special appearances planned that I'm sure some of you will enjoy...

Here's the Vita test wallpaper, featuring Makoto:

I've also done one with the added Persona Q logo (which one do you all like better?):

Finally, here's a look at the iOS version:

Please give me all your feedback so that I can finalize the design before starting in on the rest of the characters-- Thanks! :D

I've begun work on my next project, and I'm looking for some preliminary feedback from you all!

For the first new Persona game of 2014 - Persona Q - I'm doing a set of Vita and iOS wallpapers featuring all of the characters. So far they've released 10 on the official site, and as they update with more I'll simply add them in. In addition, there's several special appearances planned that I'm sure some of you will enjoy...

Here's the Vita test wallpaper, featuring Makoto:

I've also done one with the added Persona Q logo (which one do you all like better?):

Finally, here's a look at the iOS version:

Please give me all your feedback so that I can finalize the design before starting in on the rest of the characters-- Thanks! :D

you mean Minato.

But seriously though, like always, bloody good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom