• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

I'm cool with Jonathan so far, but Walter a shit for (SMT IV early-ish spoilers)
giving me shit for not immediately putting down my lifelong friend. Really Walter?

Also Yu seems like he would be a good dancer. Yosuke seems like he would hit his head while trying to breakdance though.

Oh yeah. Well, Chaos. :p

EMT0

Banned
SMTIV starts to get easier and easier once you get past the first few dungeons.

To the point that it becomes so easy that you're dancing like Narukami through the levels. When the difficulty drops though, the plot is there to pick up the slack.

176.gif

(I couldn't find this gif without the text)

Nachos

I'm cool with Jonathan so far, but Walter a shit for (SMT IV early-ish spoilers)
giving me shit for not immediately putting down my lifelong friend. Really Walter?

Also Yu seems like he would be a good dancer. Yosuke seems like he would hit his head while trying to breakdance though.

Funny.
I actually had to remember what you were talking about, because I actually went with the chaos decision without a second thought. Issachar was asking to be put out of his misery himself, and since it was already established that he was dying and would become a full demon soon, I thought it would be best to let him die on his own terms. Idealism's great and all, but not when it just prolongs suffering.

Dantis

I would only accept Utada Hikaru under the condition that she sings in Japanese. Her English stuff isn't too hot. :p

Hush you.

I actually like Sanctuary, but people waaaaaay overrate her. The songs don't particularly fit Kingdom Hearts, and they're pretty straight forward J-pop.

kewlmyc

Funny.
I actually had to remember what you were talking about, because I actually went with the chaos decision without a second thought. Issachar was asking to be put out of his misery himself, and since it was already established that he was dying and would become a full demon soon, I thought it would be best to let him die on his own terms. Idealism's great and all, but not when it just prolongs suffering.

I was delusional and though he could be saved....

Levito

Banned
They probably wont collaborate with anyone because there's no need, the stable of artists that work on the games already give it a distinct flavour.

If we want overrated J-pop, sure.

Now legitimately curious as to what your favorite artists are.

Sophia

I actually like Sanctuary, but people waaaaaay overrate her. The songs don't particularly fit Kingdom Hearts, and they're pretty straight forward J-pop.

Her Kingdom Hearts stuff, especially the English renditions, are far and away some of her worst stuff. "Passion", the original Japanese version of Sanctuary, is much better than it's English counterpart too.

They probably wont collaborate with anyone because there's no need, the stable of artists that work on the games already give it a distinct flavour.

I imagine their need to not collaborate is due to licensing issues, rather than flavor. Notice how they've never preformed either ending song to Persona 2 at Persona Music Live? Bet they don't have the rights to re-preform it without the original artist (unlike True Story) and can't get the original artist to come.

Dantis

Now legitimately curious as to what your favorite artists are.

You thought I'd be all about the J-pop?

Her Kingdom Hearts stuff, especially the English renditions, are far and away some of her worst stuff. "Passion", the original Japanese version of Sanctuary, is much better than it's English counterpart too.

I like Sanctuary more because I can understand it. :3

Same with Simple and Clean, though I don't care for either rendition of that song.

The significant part of what I was saying though is that her stuff doesn't feel Kingdom Hearts-y, so anything she did for Persona would likewise not be Persona-y.

Nachos

I was delusional and though he could be saved....

It just means you have a big heart! Still, though, I wish SMT4 had more nuanced decisions like that and wasn't operating on a purely order vs chaos scale. Even if it all would end the same, I'd prefer it to the really ham-fisted list of hypotheticals they hit you with like "would you let the jolly green giant play in this basketball game run by midgets? Choose wisely~ lol"

Both of our decisions are arguably acting out of kindness, so it'd be cool if, like the Walking Dead, the game had more moments you could compare against each other, even if they don't impact big plot points all that much.

Ugh I wish I picked easy for my first run through of P3P. I play the game like crack but once I reach tartarus my interest just stops and I have to force myself to slog through it. I'm on 135f and apparently that boss is a bitch, so I'm trying to get some leveling in but I hate the grind.

kewlmyc

Ugh I wish I picked easy for my first run through of P3P. I play the game like crack but once I reach tartarus my interest just stops and I have to force myself to slog through it. I'm on 135f and apparently that boss is a bitch, so I'm trying to get some leveling in but I hate the grind.

It's the Sleeping Table isn't it?

kiriin

You really dont have to grind in p3p.

Levito

Banned
Isn't Nobuo Uematsu freelance now? Imagine if he did Persona 5 tracks. I need some latin choir chanting something while the social link goes up.

...Right, and I was saying "Oh, did you think that would be the type of music I'd be into?".

I'm not sure why else my statement would make you curious unless I went against what you had expected?

There's no ulterior motive, I was curious as to what type of music/artists you were into after that comment. Casual conversation!

Same for the rest of you lot.

kewlmyc

Isn't Nobuo Uematsu freelance now? Imagine if he did Persona 5 tracks. I need some latin choir chanting something while the social link goes up.

There's no ulterior motive, I was curious as to what type of music/artists you were into after that comment. Casual conversation!

I don't really listen to music all that much. I'll be using this topic to look for some artist to follow.

Sophia

STOP.

GRINDING.

It will not help you in any modern RPG. What you need to do is change up your tactics. What party members are you using? Do you have a Persona with Patra? Have you made a Persona with high endurance/magic stats to keep HP up? You're not using Koromaru (can be instantly killed and is a bad choice) right?

I know he likes Rhapsody of Fire, cuz he commented on it on Twitter when I mentioned I was listening to it. So he's got some interest in Symphonic/Power Metal.

Levito

Banned
STOP.

GRINDING.

But it feels so good.

*snrk*

Playing through FF VII again has reminded me that older RPG's were far more reliant of grinding.

I know he likes Rhapsody of Fire, cuz he commented on it on Twitter when I mentioned I was listening to it. So he's got some interest in Symphonic/Power Metal.

I was gonna say, they haven't been just 'Rhapsody' in like 7 years.

Haven't listened to them in years, power metal is a big hit or a miss for me. Closest thing these days is Symphony X.

STOP.

GRINDING.

It will not help you in any modern RPG. What you need to do is change up your tactics. What party members are you using? Do you have a Persona with Patra? Have you made a Persona with high endurance/magic stats to keep HP up? You're not using Koromaru (can be instantly killed and is a bad choice) right?

You mean Koromaru is a bad choice for the fight, or do you mean he is bad in general? Yeah I'm trying to find a good Persona to fuse before trying the boss again.

Sophia

You mean Koromaru is a bad choice for the fight, or do you mean he is bad in general? Yeah I'm trying to find a good Persona to fuse before trying the boss again.

Koromaru is a bad choice for the fight. The Sleeping Table has Hamaon and will instant kill him with it nine times out of ten. Junpei is the better choice because he resists fire (Maragidyne is the most common attack by the table) and no weakness to light.

You wanna look for Persona with a high endurance option and no weakness to light. My usual strategy is to find something that can heal for this battle, and make the protagonist play support because Yukari is an efficient fighter towards the table. Resist Fire is a good option to have.

But it feels so good.

*snrk*

Playing through FF VII again has reminded me that older RPG's were far more reliant of grinding.

Even FFVII isn't really all that grind heavy unless you go for optional stuff, but grinding in a MegaTen game is exceptionally stupid because a single point per level in any given stat is useless. It doesn't decide the battle at all.

Dantis

Huh. Random!

No real favourite genre. I'm reasonably open minded with music. My favourite artists are probably Blind Guardian, Poets of The Fall and Conjure One, and then there's a ton of other artists I follow. I guess a lot of the time I follow specific artists, and then kind of discover new music through that? I found out about Conjure One from listening to Poe, and then found out about Rhys Fulber's other groups (Like Delerium and Front Line Assembly) from that. Likewise, I'll listen to anything Hansi Kursch from Blind Guardian works on because I love how he sings.

I like a lot of metal, like Devil Townsend, Kamelot and Ayreon. I'm a really big Michael Jackson fan. I really like electronic-infused pop/rock like Faunts and even though it's not really the same I like it for the same reasons I like The Eels. There's still some Kerrang style music that I like; Breaking Benjamin are one of my favourite bands and I think Trapt's first album is amazing. I listen to Tsukiko Amano a reasonable amount too, I find her really eclectic and interesting.

And pretty much anything with the madness that is Mike Patton.

If I recall correctly Saki Mitama is a good persona for that fight because its resistant to fire, has a good magic stat, and learns mediarama.

Koromaru is a bad choice for the fight. The Sleeping Table has Hamaon and will instant kill him with it nine times out of ten. Junpei is the better choice because he resists fire (Maragidyne is the most common attack by the table) and no weakness to light.

You wanna look for Persona with a high endurance option and no weakness to light. My usual strategy is to find something that can heal for this battle, and make the protagonist play support because Yukari is an efficient fighter towards the table. Resist Fire is a good option to have.

Even FFVII isn't really all that grind heavy unless you go for optional stuff, but grinding in a MegaTen game is exceptionally stupid because a single point per level in any given stat is useless. It doesn't decide the battle at all.

Thanks, guess I still have to lvl junpei and yukari a lil because I left them once I got aigis/koromaru/ken so they are like 15 levels behind.

Sophia

Thanks, guess I still have to lvl junpei and yukari a lil because I left them once I got aigis/koromaru/ken so they are like 15 levels behind.

Can you solo the enemies near the boss? If so, quickest way to level them is to take your protagonist + just them and fight off enemies. They get significant increases to their XP because of no party members and because they're so far behind in levels.

If I recall correctly Saki Mitama is a good persona for that fight because its resistant to fire, has a good magic stat, and learns mediarama.

You are correct. Even better, Saki Mitama has Recovery has their inherit type which means they are more likely to inherit useful skills for the boss.

Levito

Banned
Poe, Devy, and Patton are among my favorites as well. Patton's collaboration with DEP is still my favourite thing he's done.

Power Metal tends to get on my nerves these days, way too corny.

Everyone loves Michael Jackson, even if they don't admit it.

What you get from grinding in Megaten generally is the potential for expanding fusions(gathering personas/demons). Stats(at least in Persona) aren't upped enough to warrant it.

Hey guys, what's a stupid little thing that you want to be in Persona 5?

For me its "I Am Thou" speeches from every Persona you fuse, I feel like they endear you to the Personas more by relating each deity with a certain personality, plus they sound cool.

I also want Odin to have a new model, the current one is ridiculous.

Moonlight

Banned
I want spa scenes.

Unskippable, twenty minute long spa scenes.

I don't want to imagine it. Uematsu is certainly talented, but his work seriously clashes with Persona's musical identity.

kewlmyc

I want spa scenes.

Unskippable, twenty minute long spa scenes.
Don't forget to throw in "Kyaa! Ecchi!" moments.

I've been trying to use Pandora to find some new music to listen to. I tried Punk Rock, but every other song being about "Bawww, baby girl. I want you back, or I'll kill myself" is getting annoying.

kiriin

I want more costumes in p5 preferably tastless and pandering so neogaf can lose it shit over another dumb thread.

Seriously though more costumes.

CorvoSol

Yeah, Teddia does a lot of growing. His S.Link is tied into the plot, which means that his arc is actually one of the more prominent ones. Yukiko's castle is still kinda part of the intro, although they apparently tweaked that a bit in Golden.

Isabeau secretly reads The Rose of Versaille so she is clearly best. Walter is pretty solid on the bro scale so far though.

Walter sounds fine half the time when he's like
"Man, fuck this caste system, and fuck using humans to feed demons."
but then he turns around and says shit like
"The strong should do this, and only the strong should do that, and power is everything and might makes right." and I'm just like "Walter how the fuck is that not EXACTLY what is going on right this damn minute? At least Jonathon KNOWS he's advocating horrible things for his greater good.

Frankly, though, neither Jonathon nor Walter's plans are all that great. Which is why I've gone Neutral.

Choosing Easy doesn't help at all. I couldn't even HIT the first boss half the time, and I wound up using like 3 dusk plumes to win the fight because the boss got like 9 turns, and then on my turn, whether attack or spell, I couldn't hit shit. I mean, I expect SMT4 to be a pain in the ass, but nobody told me P3P on EASY mode would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom