• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSol

sorry, but you all wrong, she is the BEST
250px-P3_Isako_Toriumi_Render.png

Acid08

Banned
I'll fight anyone who thinks Marie was a worthwhile addition to P4G.

Oh speaking of P4G additions, what did people here think of the band event? I thought it was kinda fun but mostly pretty corny. The stage diving part was pretty good though.

Oh speaking of P4G additions, what did people here think of the band event? I thought it was kinda fun but mostly pretty corny. The stage diving part was pretty good though.

I really enjoyed it. You don't get to see Rise doing her idol thing that much in the game, so it was nice to have an event centered on her performing and being idol-popular. And yes, the stage dive was awesome, especially the way Kanji lands.

Moonlight

Banned
I was perfectly fine with the band event, really. The whole thing. It was funny, it was cute, and it's not like they became musical geniuses in the time that they practice for. The way that they made it 'serious' was a bit corny, but nothing out of the ordinary for these kinds of plots. And it's always amazing to see Rise get down to brass tacks with the idol thing.

It'd be cool if there were a full version of Laura singing True Story, but hey.

...speaking of, I'm still wondering how they might handle all the songs Rise will be presumably singing in Dancing All Night. I'm guessing they'll leave them alone, but you never know.

sorry, but you all wrong, she is the BEST
250px-P3_Isako_Toriumi_Render.png
This guy knows where it's at.

Was the best social link in vanilla P3, too.

CorvoSol

Pft who wants to bond with that old pig anyway? Fix your fucking tie gramps.

I'd rather spend my time hanging out with Dojima than being forced on another date with Marie. If she wasn't critical to certain elements of the game I would never, ever, waste a precious afternoon of my time with her.

Also I wish I had more freaking Courage, because being told you can't say some things because you're a damn coward blows. On the other hand, Link with his Triforce of Courage lets people push him around all the time, so maybe it is overrated.

Acid08

Banned
I'd rather spend my time hanging out with Dojima than being forced on another date with Marie. If she wasn't critical to certain elements of the game I would never, ever, waste a precious afternoon of my time with her.

Also I wish I had more freaking Courage, because being told you can't say some things because you're a damn coward blows. On the other hand, Link with his Triforce of Courage lets people push him around all the time, so maybe it is overrated.
Hey, you're not so bad.

And yeah, the courage thing stinks. You can backtalk Morooka at the beginning of the game but can't ask for Chie's digits outright? Please.

Nachos

It, like a lot of stuff added specifically for Golden, was stuff that certainly had its moments, but was just so tone-deaf to the original game. A lot of it just feels like a caricature of the original game and don't really fit in with the rest of the content (much like the new opening).

Marie didn't really suffer from that, but she's such a shitty character clearly tacked onto the original story that I've really come to dislike everything about her. That poetry of hers is goddamn atrocious, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, as it's possible that the nuances and conventions of the poetry really didn't translate that well.

Also there's no way Yukiko could've learned to play her instrument so quickly. Girl's clearly got no rhythm.

PK Gaming

Truth be told, I didn't mind the band scene either. It was fun seeing Rise take charge, and Laura Bailey's singing was pretty great. Events where the entire gang gets to hang out are general great too.

Having played through that event (and the ski trip/valentine's day event) I've come to the conclusion that Rise is the ultimate bro. Like, she even rivals even the brotagonist in bro-ness.

Tabby

I liked Marie. Interesting character.

It was nice to see Rise singing, you don't see much of her idol self so that was nice.
Bit corny but it was good fun. Loved the stage diving part.

Acid08

Banned
It, like a lot of stuff added specifically for Golden, was stuff that certainly had its moments, but was just so tone-deaf to the original game. A lot of it just feels like a caricature of the original game and don't really fit in with the rest of the content (much like the new opening).

Marie didn't really suffer from that, but she's such a shitty character clearly tacked onto the original story that I've really come to dislike everything about her. That poetry of hers is goddamn atrocious, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, as it's possible that the nuances and conventions of the poetry really didn't translate that well.

Also there's no way Yukiko could've learned to play her instrument so quickly. Girl's clearly got no rhythm.
Agreed on the added events, good moments but mostly kind of at odds with the rest of the game. My favorite additions to Golden were mechanics like being able to leave at night to do more stuff, the garden, the scooter stuff, and the new shuffle time system.

And I think it's a testament to Rise's talent that she was able to teach that pack of idiots how to play a song in one day.

MSMrRound

I don't mind Marie (a HanaKana character can't be that bad, can it? Eden Riegel is pretty cool too, just saying), but a certain dungeon was really weird >.> especially that boss fight.

For the record, I am one of those insane people who thinks Marie was an ok character but how she was put into p4 was bad.

Count me in this camp of aliens.

Ditto. Horribly misused.

Same here. I feel the way her Social Link worked needed to be retooled a litle. I understand why they decided to get her to meet your friends, (late game P4G spoiler)
especially since you all go through the bonus dungeon to save her
, but did they have to shove them in at every chance they could? I can't think of many times when your friends weren't in the Social Link. Just me, but I'd probably make it so they appear less often, yet still enough to where they know her well enough. At every chance possible is a bit much. (Another late P4G spoiler)
Her dungeon's gimmick was interesting at first, but it got kinda annoying as it went on. It wasn't even hard, just kinda eh.

Also I don't mind the poetry because to me it seems like it's intentionally bad.

kiriin

Marie had a badly done social link and was an average/forgettable character imo. The hyperbolic hate she gets is rather funny.

Acid08

Banned
Marie had a badly done social link and was an average/forgettable character imo. The hyperbolic hate she gets is rather funny.
Average/forgettable in a game full of well realized characters is even worse. There was literally no point to her being in that game. She added nothing to the overall package.

PK Gaming

"All You Clowns"

Hey, you!
How long are you going to wear that ugly mask?
You know you ain't got the guts for this task.

Cover yourself with paint
You're actin' like you aint'
Afraid of whatcha got in store for your fate

You think you got me? Well, that's too bad!
'Cuz I ain't stupid enough to get had!

So drop the pathetic act
I wanna dance and that's a fact
Now quit your gawkin' and start to react!

YEAH-YEAH! Now DANCE!

:)

"All You Clowns"

Hey, you!

So drop the pathetic act

YEAH-YEAH! Now DANCE!

shutupyoustupidjerk

oh and I would remove her poems

Acid08

Banned
"All You Clowns"

Hey, you!

So drop the pathetic act

YEAH-YEAH! Now DANCE!

I'm just hearing her voice reading this and it's making me really sad.

Tabby

well for one, I would make her slink not just a series of HEY ITS YUKIKO AND CHIE, OH AND KANJI, NAOTO AND RISE, OH AND HERE IS YOSUKE AND TEDDIE.
I guess so. I don't mind it as much considering her s.link is mainly about making memories and finding them.
Meeting the crew everywhere felt a bit forced though.
I like how the poems are hilariously bad on purpose.

Did you just? Oh my days.
My post is ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom