• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Devil Survivor's art would be perfectly fine and stylish if all the female characters didn't have absurd boobs. How they don't have back issues is beyond me.

Yeah. I feel like with a lot of Yasuda's art he starts designing decent-looking stylish people and then just doesn't stop and it goes overboard. The girls and their anti-grav field is the most obvious, but there's also stuff like DeSu protag's ridiculous headphones.

Sophia

Which is kind of a bad thing.

It's actually a good thing unless you're a fan of a specific subseries that doesn't do well. They have much more exposure if one series takes off (See :persona)

Enix had this problem during the 90s of not being able to branch out. Their only really major successful series was Dragon Quest.

Squire

Banned
So that guy who just draws really good (And often somewhat suggestive) pictures of Naoto has drawn one of how I guess he thinks she'll look in Dancing All Night. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was pretty much right. It seems accurate to me.

The Devil Survivor art is properly shit, to be fair.

This is good. Got a link for this guys other stuff?

So that guy who just draws really good (And often somewhat suggestive) pictures of Naoto has drawn one of how I guess he thinks she'll look in Dancing All Night. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was pretty much right. It seems accurate to me.

are you talking about yourself

edit: this is a serious question because it kind of looks like you drew it, even if it's more of a rough sketchier style than you usually do and you also draw suggestive images of Naoto.

I liked Yasuda in Drrr, but his art in DeSu is absolute shiet (sans maybe few characters).

Yasuda's men are generally acceptable, if generic.

Dantis

This is good. Got a link for this guys other stuff?

His Pixiv page has been linked before. I came across this on Tumblr and recognised his style. Apparently it's from his Twitpic page.

are you talking about yourself

edit: this is a serious question because it kind of looks like you drew it, even if it's more of a rough sketchier style than you usually do and you also draw suggestive images of Naoto.

Nope. He's better at drawing than I am, unfortunately.

His art is also much more Japanese than mine.

kiriin

818538582.jpg

Looks familiar.

Why is that, if I may ask? Because to be honest there is only so much you can do with the mainline games before it starts getting stale.
Well it isn't really a bad thing as long as the mainline games continue. The spinoff thing messed SMT up during the PS1 era because they never made any, to busy with spinoffs. Like I look at devil summoner and think to myself, why does this exist, what is the game doing from a gameplay perspective that warrants it being a separate IP? Of course the raidou games are kinda different but I look at soul hackers and think, why didn't they just make SMT3? Apparently SH changed the way megaten games do things from a story perspective but why not apply that kind of innovation to a mainline title? I'm fine with modern megaten spinoffs because they are so different but every time I look at the 90's shit, I think "why"?
It's actually a good thing unless you're a fan of a specific subseries that doesn't do well. They have much more exposure if one series takes off (See :persona)

Enix had this problem during the 90s of not being able to branch out. Their only really major successful series was Dragon Quest.
I'm not a massive fan of things like devil summoner and SMT isn't even made by the same team as the persona games so I doubt you could blame the lack of SMT games on persona. I just kinda feel like a lot of the 90's megaten games are just filler and they would have been focusing making less and more games that differentiate from each other (of course this isn't really a problem now).

fertygo

Sans Ao's boobs I like Yasuda's work in DS2, but yeah no one insane enough to compare him to Soejima or Doi.

On slightly related notes, that new Yozakura Quartet (which use Yasuda art) anime is great!

Well it isn't really a bad thing as long as the mainline games continue. The spinoff thing messed SMT up during the PS1 era because they never made any, to busy with spinoffs. Like I look at devil summoner and think to myself, why does this exist, what is the game doing from a gameplay perspective that warrants it being a separate IP? Of course the raidou games are kinda different but I look at soul hackers and think, why didn't they just make SMT3? Apparently SH changed the way megaten games do things from a story perspective but why not apply that kind of innovation to a mainline title? I'm fine with modern megaten spinoffs because they are so different but every time I look at the 90's shit, I think "why"?

I'm not a massive fan of things like devil summoner and SMT isn't even made by the same team as the persona games so I doubt you could blame the lack of SMT games on persona. I just kinda feel like a lot of the 90's megaten games are just filler and they would have been focusing making less and more games that differentiate from each other (of course this isn't really a problem now).
TBH I never understood why they made Devil Children/Demikids. Because I felt it was more of a weird game to make on their part, with trying to be Pokemon game with some SMT elements for kids. Which still dosen't make any sense when you think about it.

cj_iwakura

TBH I never understood why they made Devil Children/Demikids. Because I felt it was more of a cash grab on their part, with trying to be Pokemon game with some SMT elements for kids. Which still dosen't make any sense when you think about it.

Have you played it? Dark Version is a great game. Fun yet challenging, and it has a more gripping story than you'd expect.

TBH I never understood why they made Devil Children/Demikids. Because I felt it was more of a weird game to make on their part, with trying to be Pokemon game with some SMT elements for kids. Which still dosen't make any sense when you think about it.
I really really hope that deviliser game isn't a new devil children/demi kids, I'll fucking loose my shit if so.

Squire

Banned
His Pixiv page has been linked before. I came across this on Tumblr and recognised his style. Apparently it's from his Twitpic page.

Nope. He's better at drawing than I am, unfortunately.

His art is also much more Japanese than mine.

Aww he posted this one on Christmas (P4 spoilers).

He's quite good.

This is a good rival for you Dantis. If you and Naoto are really OTP, you'll have to fight to prove it, my friend.

Moonlight

Banned
As far as Devil Survivor designs go, I'll always say that Makoto is the best and Amane is the worst.

Yasuda's evil dudes always look the same, though. I was watching Yozakura Quartet and how similar the main villain of that looked to Naoya really nagged at me.

FluxWaveZ

Seems rather pointless (edit: then again, I'm not one for figures).

And I saw a single comment saying that Shadow Rise would be added as a navigator along with P4A2's 1.02 update next week, but I don't know about that.

OG Loc

So here I am level 30 in
Maryuku Striptease
minding my own. Just mopped the floor with
Amorous Snake
and I go to open the chest in the same room.

All of a sudden I get a warning that
theres some evil force in this chest or whatever and i shouldnt open it
but I ignore it and open it.

Death himself jumps out of that bitch. The fucking Reaper, bruh. He straight washes my whole team. Based God take the wheel.

So here I am level 30 in
Maryuku Striptease
Amorous Snake

Death himself jumps out of that bitch. The fucking Reaper, bruh. He straight washes my whole team. Based God take the wheel.

You didn't listen man.

A question, since many of you are more acquainted with the anime industry than I:
Just how worried should I be about the quality of the new Sailor Moon series given that (A) it was delayed like half a year, (B) it still has no concrete release date besides "sometime in January, probably", (C) literally no media for it has been released beyond saying that this one pop group is doing the theme song, and (D) it's a nico video exclusive? Like, these are pretty big red flags, right?

Trigger

So here I am level 30 in
Maryuku Striptease
Amorous Snake

I'm not sure why I'm laughing so hard at this.

Meia

Should've been done in the form of One Piece when they all are raising their arms up to show their symbol of friendship.

But it is, that's exactly what the pic is. Instead of the X on the arm, they're using the armbands.

Bonus points for thinking like I do that they're doing it as a show of solidarity to Minako for not getting any canon love. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
A question, since many of you are more acquainted with the anime industry than I:
Just how worried should I be about the quality of the new Sailor Moon series given that (A) it was delayed like half a year, (B) it still has no concrete release date besides "sometime in January, probably", (C) literally no media for it has been released beyond saying that this one pop group is doing the theme song, and (D) it's a nico video exclusive? Like, these are pretty big red flags, right?

The new Sailor Moon is a myth to me until proven otherwise.

Gazoinks

I don't know much about nico, but those other three are red flags for pretty much any media. So yeah.

MSMrRound

Oh man I am LOVING that. One Piece is the best.

You're good people.

*High five* That chapter 731 too. Probably the One Piece chapter of 2013 for me. Hope Toei have a proper budget in mind for the animation of the Dressrosa Arc to give it enough justice (in terms of animation), Enies Lobbies is still my favourite One Piece arc for now. Let's see if Dressrosa can top it.

Squire

Banned
I never really got into One Piece, but I kind of want to...

I saw some of it to start, so I'm pretty familiar with the cast on the most basic level. I actually watched it on Toonami last week. It was very good!

Gazoinks

I read a bit of One Piece a long time ago. I enjoyed it, but the thought of catching up is kind of horrifyingly intimidating. Especially since I'm working my way through Gintama right now.

Meia

The best way to get caught up atm is to probably watch the whole Water 7/Enies Lobby arc on. At the beginning of the Enies Lobby arc they take like 10 episodes to just recap each of the crew's backstories and stuff, just before getting into Robin's.

...of course that was still probably over 200 episodes ago... @_@

Acid08

Banned
Honestly the best way to catch up is the manga. You can read through it really fast and if you want to see a particular arc animated then just watch that arc.

If you're going to just watch the anime though, make sure you know what the filler episodes are and skip 'em. None are worth watching imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom