• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Declining PS3 software sales in the west a concern for Atlus? I don't think Persona 4 on PS2 sales would be acceptable considering it's a way bigger franchise now.

No, I doubt they're worried. Aside from going back down to the PS2, there's no alternative that would be a bigger audience.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
There are a couple JRPGs still coming out on PS3 this year in NA. ToX2 and Which and the Thounsand Knights to name two. I'm sure there are others, but they'll be fine.

Lemstar

I know Moonlight mentioned it in IRC; does anyone else here need a copy of P4A? It's on sale, so pricing for a full share group would be $5/$5/$2.50/$2.50 for four people.

EMT0

Banned
I still believe. I still believe Atlus will announce Persona 5 to be crossgen at some point before Persona 5 hits release. And none of you negative nancies will stop my denial train.

LX_Theo

Banned
I don't really see the point in having it be crossgen outside of a little convenience... I mean, its not like they'd do some notable graphical upgrade for it if they did.

Lunar15

I don't really see the point in having it be crossgen outside of a little convenience... I mean, its not like they'd do some notable graphical upgrade for it if they did.

Why crossgen when they can release a "golden" later and make money off of it. As much as I love Atlus, they're cheap bastards.

EDIT: I misunderstood what you said.

EMT0

Banned
it should've been on Vita.
Please no

Where's the next stop on the denial train? cuz I want in.
Welcome aboard, our train is off the rails and goes wherever it feels like going

Remote Play my dear man/woman/robot, Remote Play was made for JRPGs.

Why crossgen when they can release a "golden" later and make money off of it. As much as I love Atlus, they're cheap bastards.
tears

Crossgen, coming to PS3 and X-Box One!
more tears

kewlmyc

So Sony Japan & Asia President claims that the PS4 has inspired Japanese devs

Guys

Guys

Guys

....maybe we'll get a Megaten game on the PS4 before 2016 if we're being optimistic.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EMT0

Banned
This.

after playing Golden, AND THEN playing P3FES, I've come to realize that handheld is the superior presentation for games of that length.

I couldn't agree more with you guys.

I don't literally want Persona 5 ON a handheld so much as I want to be able to play it on the go. Persona 5 on Vita or 3DS is nightmare scenario mode. So Remote Play lets me get the best of both worlds, which is why I dearly want a PS4 version even if I'll happily plant my butt on the sofa for 90+ hours for Persona 5.

My finger slipped, I meant to type 3016.

I don't literally want Persona 5 ON a handheld so much as I want to be able to play it on the go. Persona 5 on Vita or 3DS is nightmare scenario mode. And Remote Play lets me get the best of both worlds, which is why I dearly want a PS4 version even if I'll happily plant my butt on the sofa for 90+ hours for Persona 5.

I can't agree with you more, the reason its better is convenience, I'll get very happily play P5 exclusively on PS3 if that's the only console they port it to I don't really mind that much. But if it comes out for the Vita/PS4 with remote play, that's the version I would gravitate towards, just because I can play it anywhere I go, and the biggest plus for a really long game is that long games kill time like nobody's business, so that means that if I get bored on a long road trip/plane ride, or have free time in-between classes, I can pull it out, play for as long as I need, then put it away and come back to it later without having to save game or turn off the console. It's very convenient, and my favorite way to play long games, but I am not about to rage if they don't make it crossgen or something.

Edit: I take it there's nothing worth of note in the Famitsu leak?

Dantis

Fuck you all, I want my console experience.

I hate handheld gaming for long periods of time. Shit's uncomfortable and I can't get as immersed.

Soriku

Declining PS3 software sales in the west a concern for Atlus? I don't think Persona 4 on PS2 sales would be acceptable considering it's a way bigger franchise now.

It'll more than likely sell better than P4. It wasn't until P4 that the series got really popular. P5 should do better than that.

Also I'd rather play on a console than handheld if possible. Not that I mind handhelds, but if I had a choice it would be obvious.

EMT0

Banned

I hate handheld gaming for long periods of time. Shit's uncomfortable and I can't get as immersed.

Dantis pls, drawing cool pictures isn't a substitute for reading. Only one of us wanted it on a handheld(Vita), the rest of us just seem to want a PS4 version strictly for Remote Play.

Tabby

I've got a Vita. Love it. Still don't want Persona 5 on it though, unless it's via Remote Play. Bells and whistles and ambition with as few tech limitations as possible from the Persona team or bust.
A proper sequel deserves more than to be limited by a handheld.
Seeing Catherine gets me all hyped for Persona 5 on PS3.

P4 did 300k+ in Japan and 100k+ in the us first month iirc. It'll do at least as well in both countries. Half a million first month would be really good sales numbers. Also, you act like P5 isn't coming to PS4..... Assuming Aeana and Verendus wasn't bullshitting, I think a PS4 version is looking VERY likely.

To clarify: I wouldn't want it exclusively on Vita either. The best possible scenario is that they make a PS4 version because of the convenience of remote play/the best possible graphics. It is my opinion that, failing that, a Vita version would be fine, however I know that that's not the case for a lot of people, but there will still be a PS3 version for sure, so I don't see the issue with having both a PS3 and a Vita version.

kewlmyc

I was like this until recently. I want my JRPGs to have great graphics and surround sound to be enjoyed in my home theater room. HOWEVER, recently I've found that setting your 3DS/Vita to sleep-mode and coming back to it days later to be exactly where you stopped at to be awesome. No stupid start up screens, no looking for save points, just click it shut and come back later. Handhelds are awesome for very long games.

I doubt sales will be a problem, there isn't a single Persona fan that will get rid of his PS3 knowing that it will be the only way to play motherfucking Persona 5.
It was always going to be either PS3 or 3DS, fortunately they decided to chase the 3DS money with a spin-off and give P5 the proper HD treatment it deserves.
I really doubt it will be cross-gen and as for a golden version on vita, God only knows how the situation will look like for that beautiful handheld in late 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom