• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WMj2HQ6.jpg

man these graphics are hecka lifelike!

Jintor

frankly i'd never have played persona if it was only available on a sit-down console. I just can't get the living room for that long. this might change if/when i move out of course (or get a monitor that accepts HDMI inputs + PS3 headphones)

CorvoSol

Same! Sarcastic joking Yu is a great Yu. Way better than Minato.

PS4 + Vita. One can dream.

Minato is the P3 MC right? Dude looks hella sleepy and kinda sickly.

Which about describes the two biggest afflictions he's had the entire time I've been playing P3P.

EDIT: Speaking of, the pictures I've seen online of P3 make it look like it had a similar graphical style to P4, using 3D models for scenes. So far it's all been static pictures outside of dungeons and battle. I assume that, like SMT4, there's some manner of change along the way?

Which about describes the two biggest afflictions he's had the entire time I've been playing P3P.

EDIT: Speaking of, the pictures I've seen online of P3 make it look like it had a similar graphical style to P4, using 3D models for scenes. So far it's all been static pictures outside of dungeons and battle. I assume that, like SMT4, there's some manner of change along the way?

Persona 3 Portable uses the visual novel format due to the PSP's limitations. The original game and the updated version, FES, are both akin to P4.

Tabby

That and he's just so boring and dull, none of his dialogue choices are ever interesting and when I want him to say something he just keeps quiet.

P3P is a visual novel, no 3D models outside of dungeons and fighting.

CorvoSol

Persona 3 Portable uses the visual novel format due to the PSP's limitations. The original game and the updated version, FES, are both akin to P4.

That and he's just so boring and dull, none of his dialogue choices are ever interesting and when I want him to say something he just keeps quiet.

P3P is a visual novel, no 3D models outside of dungeons and fighting.

Laaaame. Shame P3 FES is only for PS2. I'd much rather experience this game the way P4 is than in this kinda crummy visual novel mode.

kiriin

^Was responding to the poster above you.

Also like people said before they might do a definitive vita version after the movies, might as well milk it dry :p.

Caladrius

I have 2 copies of P3P (In the same language and one of which is in mint condition, mind you) and it's not even my favorite Persona game!

In a definitive version of P3 they need to include:
  • Male and Female MC.
  • Let both S.Link SEES, and let Minato choose if he wants to romance a girl when he S.Links her
  • Improve S.Link dialogue/remove some of the bad ones (Kenji in favor of Junpei, Nozomi in favor of Shinjiro, etc.)
  • Add more content, not necessarily P4G style, but give SEES a few bonding scenes like the investigation team got
  • Add new mechanics i.e. time wasters like bug catching/night dialogue scenes in Golden
Only then will I stop being salty at FeMC for getting all the cool stuff

Optional:
  • Remove Mass Destruction from the game
  • Wiping All Out is the superior song
  • Seroiusly, FeMC gets the best music

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I don't think it's realistic to expect an NA launch any later than six months after Japan.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were translating it alongside development. SMT IV came out about 2 months after the Japanese release.

Acid08

Banned
  • Male and Female MC.
  • Let both S.Link SEES, and let Minato choose if he wants to romance a girl when he S.Links her
  • Improve S.Link dialogue/remove some of the bad ones (Kenji in favor of Junpei, Nozomi in favor of Shinjiro, etc.)
  • Add more content, not necessarily P4G style, but give SEES a few bonding scenes like the investigation team got
  • Add new mechanics i.e. time wasters like bug catching/night dialogue scenes in Golden

Optional:
  • Wiping All Out is the superior song
  • Seroiusly, FeMC has the best music
None of this will happen.

EMT0

Banned
I'd love for most of that happen. Erase overrated FeMC forever though. Just fool with some of the slinks and add the FeMC content for Minato. Done.

We have more P3MC wars than we do waifu wars. War....war never changes. Mainly 'cuz it's still a war of silly every single time.

Moonlight

Banned
I don't get how you people can concede how much better FeMC has it and still claim she's the worst. It doesn't make sense!

frankly i'd never have played persona if it was only available on a sit-down console. I just can't get the living room for that long. this might change if/when i move out of course (or get a monitor that accepts HDMI inputs + PS3 headphones)
I'm in the same boat. P3P was my first exposure to Persona, and I don't think I'd have gotten into the whole series otherwise. I can't usually have the living room to myself, and furthermore the most time I get to play something uninterrupted recently is during my three-something hour commute to and from college. It's just more convenient and comfortable for me to have a game like Persona or whatever on me at all times.

So, I'd actually love P5 for Vita. Not to the exclusion of whatever else versions there may be (although if I had to be selfish, I would be), but it'd be really nice to have.

Acid08

Banned
I'm in the same boat. P3P was my first exposure to Persona, and I don't think I'd have gotten into the whole series otherwise. I can't usually have the living room to myself, and furthermore the most time I get to play something uninterrupted recently is during my three-something hour commute to and from college. It's just more convenient and comfortable for me to have a game like Persona or whatever on me at all times.

So, I'd actually love P5 for Vita. Not to the exclusion of whatever else versions there may be (although if I had to be selfish, I would be), but it'd be really nice to have.
Would have totally been cool with P5 on the Vita. Handhelds are my favorite way to game, always have been. However, I'm really looking forward to the visual fidelity a home console provides.

kewlmyc

• Male and Female MC.

I agree with you. Also add back the ability to use any weapon and fusion attacks. I would buy the hell out of this. Great po....

What in the honest fuck is wrong with you!?

Also Acid08, I like Minato as much as you do, but your hatred of FeMC seems very.... odd. Why do you hate her?

kewlmyc

Love this as I can see her doing that with her personality.

And yes, she actually HAD one unlike Minato/Makoto/whateverthehell. :p

He had one, it just wasn't as well liked as Yu's and FeMC's small hints of personality. He has more of an asshat/cold personality. I like it, but I can see why others don't.

Nachos

Hey, PersonaGAF, it's been a few days. How's everyo--
Oh. Same old, same old, huh?

Wait, I thought you were the one saying they were silent because of the amount of stuff they wanted to publish in a short amount of time.
I said that it was possible, but in all likelihood, both probably played a part. Depending on whether it was communicated to Atlus USA that they might be dissolved as a result of the bidding for Index might have given them less incentive to be proactive until everything was finalized. Still, there's no way they wouldn't have known about all of the incoming announcements months and months in advance, meaning that with the downtime of 3-4 months (Untold had to have been done on Atlus USA's end by late August at the latest), so they could've proceeded with business as usual to get ready for 2014. Again, though, this is speculation, and I'm perfectly willing to eat crow.

Again, all your assumptions only work if the game actually had a release date. It doesn't. I seriously doubt we'll hear anything about it until the Japanese release date is announced.

I guess there is the slim possibility that the released date could be announced simultaneously in a JP/US Nintendo Direct, but I would think Persona Q would be coming sooner seeing as it's actually set to be released in Japan and hasn't been mostly forgotten about.

You're right, but assuming Atlus wasn't lying about the reason for why the game was delayed, then the game has to be mostly completed. They said it's coming out this year, and there's no way the holiday card was a coincidence. The game was delayed two months before the card was made, and it's not like changing some artwork takes that much time. Maybe it was meant to be a celebration of what was meant to come out in 2013, but the fact that they didn't remove it kinda shows that they're confident that it will be released.

It's not like this is unprecedented, either, since Devil Survivor Overclocked was announced for and released in North America before it was in Japan.

Also Acid08, I like Minato as much as you do, but your hatred of FeMC seems very.... odd. Why do you hate her?
Yeah, I'd like to know this too. The two can coexist.

I don't get how you people can concede how much better FeMC has it and still claim she's the worst. It doesn't make sense!

The issue with me, as I've stated before, is that compared to Minato, she doesn't fit in the "gloomy" atmosphere of P3. All jokes aside I don't actually hate her , she has a good design, and some pretty funny moments, its just that I prefer Minato. She might be my "least liked" MC, but that's mostly because the gloomy thing, and the fact that she, along with P1MC are the only ones without a "voice" in a game. I also understand why others would like her better than Jesus McBlue, but personally I don't.

I feel the same way about this.

Edit:
WIPING ALL OUT IS MASTER RACE

DAT TRUMPET INTRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom