• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- (character spoiler)
Yukari and Junpei have fallen pretty far behind following the arrival of Ken and Koromaru. Should I try and level them up?

Catch Da Man up as soon as possible. He gets the skill Vorpal Blade soon, which absolutely facerolls Tartarus on a day when he's feeling great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, I'm on towards the true ending in P4G, but my time is only like 56 or 57 hours.

Anyone else take as comparatively little time in P4G compared to P4 Vanilla?

I've noticed a lot of the game's running time is taken up by listening to the dialogue being spoken. If you read a lot faster than they talk, you can very easily play through the game a lot faster. The first time through I usually listened to all of the voiced dialogue, but now I just read it and skip through.

UK are jerks.. -_-: Bandai did the movie over here, and since they went under you'll be lucky to find the DVD for under $200, BD may require a mortgage.
It's actually now at 5£ on Amazon.co.uk. I'm tempted by the Box with that + Summer Wars, which I have yet to see though.

Has anyone here seen Nisemonogatari? I recently finished Bakemonogatari, and enjoyed t quite a lot, but I read this one is a bit different.

Gazoinks

It's actually now at 5£ on Amazon.co.uk. I'm tempted by the Box with that + Summer Wars, which I have yet to see though.

Has anyone here seen Nisemonogatari? I recently finished Bakemonogatari, and enjoyed t quite a lot, but I read this one is a bit different.

I'm sure Corvo can tell you alllllll about Nise. :p

I need to get around to watching the Monogatari series sometime.

CorvoSol

I just watched the whole series. Nisemonogatari is my least favorite, but it is worth seeing because it introduces important characters. It's sure to brighten your smile.

On an unrelated note, Just reran Marukyu Strip Tease. Teddie and Yukiko are now only 38 and 39 respectively. Hopefully the EXP yields in Void Quest are a little higher.

Gazoinks

I don't actually remember how I beat Void Quest when I played P4. I was a bit underleveled and didn't have Black Frost, wish I could remember what I ended up doing. Definitely one of the hardest parts of the game.

I don't know what the big deal is, I beat Void Quest on my first try with Raja Naga (incidentally the best Persona)

Torrent Shot crits like they were going out of style.

CorvoSol

I don't actually remember how I beat Void Quest when I played P4. I was a bit underleveled and didn't have Black Frost, wish I could remember what I ended up doing. Definitely one of the hardest parts of the game.

For me I feel the problem is really just keeping people alive in that fight. I have the dance down now, with things like "guard here so he can't hit you with Megidola" and stuff. If I could just keep everybody's HP up then I could probably end the fight. So once Teddie knows Marakukaja and Yukiko knows Mediarama I should be okay.

Acid08

Banned
I don't know what the big deal is, I beat Void Quest on my first try with Raja Naga (incidentally the best Persona)

Yeah, had zero trouble with that fight. Used MC, Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji. I think I was overleveled a bit tough, running through the previous dungeons once kept me overleveled for pretty much the whole game. Thanks golden hands!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm pretty sure I did it using MC, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie and just had two people to spam Diarhan during the shell phase and had MC using a healing persona that wasn't weak to anything to spam Mediarhan during the spell assault while making people guard if they were weak to what he was spamming. It took a long time and a lot of items.

I just watched the whole series. Nisemonogatari is my least favorite, but it is worth seeing because it introduces important characters. It's sure to brighten your smile.
Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I buy the box with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (which I had already seen, but don't own yet) + Summer Wars (which I have yet to see), and maybe add to this Paprika (for about 24-25£ total) or buy the first part of Nisemonogatari and Summer Wars (for about 20£ total)?

Gazoinks

Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I buy the box with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (which I had already seen, but don't own yet) + Summer Wars (which I have yet to see), and maybe add to this Paprika (for about 24-25£ total) or buy the first part of Nisemonogatari and Summer Wars (for about 20£ total)?

Yes.

MSMrRound

Either way you get to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which is a pretty awesome movie, so chalk that up as a win.

On topic: anyone else brought the Persona 4 Solid Gold edition? How's your P4G Vita pouch holding up?

CorvoSol

I've only seen Nise, so i can't help you.

Also how are people killing these gold hands consistently? Unless I'm lucky enough to crit them they usually run away.

MSMrRound

Have Chie in your party. If someone else lands a crit hit to one, there's always a chance that Chie can finish off another one by using her galaxy kick.

Basically almighty attacks are the best thing to use against Golden Hands...and that includes the damage from all-out attacks as well.

Concentrate on finishing off a single golden hand first, and proceed from there. Don't be greedy and try to polish off all golden hands if your team isn't at that level yet.

Anime requires sacrifices, sackboy! Food is for the weak!
Tell that to my parents ù_ù
When I went to England last summer, on the last day, I had like 25ish£ and then found a Comics Shop. There I decided to spend all my remaining money except 3£ (which were actually enogh to eat at Subway) for Watchmen. It was well worth it.

Either way you get to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which is a pretty awesome movie, so chalk that up as a win.

On topic: anyone else brought the Persona 4 Solid Gold edition? How's your P4G Vita pouch holding up?
I have alaready seen that one, and it's one of my favourite OVA. I still have to watch most of the Ghibli ones, but i would like to buy some kind of boxset, but it seems ike it doesn't exist (except some truly expensive ones on Ebay).

About P4GSG, I would have probably bought it, considering it wasn't that expensive iirc, but it never came out in Europe D:

Corvo, about the golden hands, i couldn't kill them that often in my first playtrough, but I oneshotted'em all on my second thanks to Helel's Morning Star. I love it. Him and Lucifer are my favourite.

Studio Ghibli eh? My Neighbour Totoro is probably my favourite Hayao Miyazaki film of all time. Highly recommended.
I have seen Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle, I loved both, but I enjoyed Howl a bit more.
I'll probably end up ordering them separately though. Hopefully I'll find some kind of "series" so the Blu-Ray won't all be different from one anoher.

Also, why do Anime Series need to be so expensive? For Steins Gate I would have to spend 60-70€ D:

Moonlight

Banned

Also how are people killing these gold hands consistently? Unless I'm lucky enough to crit them they usually run away.
If you have Revolution, use it. The best thing for Golden Hands before you get Megidoloans or whatever is to use physical area attacks that hit multiple times. Critical hits are the most important thing, since Golden Hands will be OHKO'd by a single All Out Attack and criticals have a chance of proccing a party member's special attack (so if one dodged the hit, you might have a chance of knocking it down right after). Never, ever bother with elemental magic, but I figure you learn that pretty quickly.

If you have Revolution, use it. The best thing for Golden Hands before you get Megidoloans or whatever is to use physical area attacks that hit multiple times. Critical hits are the most important thing, since Golden Hands will be OHKO'd by a single All Out Attack and criticals have a chance of proccing a party member's special attack (so if one dodged the hit, you might have a chance of knocking it down right after).
I think on my first playthrough I used normal attacks (not even skills) and it worked pretty well now that I think about it.
Also, I don't remember having trouble with
Mitsuo
but I may have just forgotten during the following 60-70 hours I spent on the game.

Comin back to anime, I'll buy just The Girl Who Leapt Through Time + Summer Wars.
And also, seeing that Wolf Children is made by the same person, makes me even more excited about it. It's currentl more expensive that the other two together XD

cjkeats

Blasted UK and their region 2 BDs.

And Nisemonogatari isn't that much different. Focuses more on the sisters rather than the other girls. It's still as awesome as Bakemonogatari. Monogatari Second Season picks up after Nisemonogatari, so you'll beed to watch it anyways if you want to see the whole series, which you should. One of my favourite franchises.

PS: Don't forget Nekomongatari.
Most of these are probably on streaming services though so you can save a buck or two there.

Meia

Hands are never strong or nulling to physical attacks and almighty attacks. Almighty are your Megido trees as well as All-Out-Attacks.

Chie is a good Gold Hand killer. She gets Apt Pupil, which ups her crit rate, and Black Spot itself has like a 30% crit rate. Coupled together she crits half the time she uses that ability. The first idea to kill them is to "fish for crits", as in keep her health up, while she just sees if she can knock them all down one after another to cause an AoA to pop up.

Honestly, using Megido is easy and is probably the most efficient way. Bathouse and maybe stripclub just a normal Megido might kill them, if not Mind Charge + Megido definitely will. Buff Yu's attack and his accuracy if you can, have him mind charge turn one, then Megido turn 2. ALL THE GOLD HANDS.

PS: Don't forget Nekomongatari.
Most of these are probably on streaming services though so you can save a buck or two there.
I haven't seen the BD for Nekomonogatar, I'll probably end up watching it before actually buying it.
As for streaming, I would like to start buying BD of some of the ones i have seen in the past. I have quite a lot of comics and mangas, but have just a couple of BDs, and that makes me pretty sad ç_ç

LX_Theo

Banned

I generally try to use almighty attacks on them. Get some mind charge going and stat boosts. Weaken them a bit with physical attacks (not enough for the AI to think it needs to run away). Then unleash your best almighty attack with mind charge and take a full offensive if they don't get taken out.

Meia

Well there you go, then. I don't have Chie since I'm building up Kanji and I haven't got an Almighty spell yet, haha.

You should though is the thing. Tao Tie, the first Tower persona, is a level 35 persona and comes pre-packaged with it, so you can at least make it right now. :)

Shiisaa(Hierophant - Lv21)
Lamia(Hermit - Lv26)
Ara Mitama(Chariot - Lv18)

Those three together *should* make your very own Tao Tie, which starts with Megido, Mind Slice, and Dekunda. It gets Mind Charge at lv38, so it can have everything you need to start gold hand farming(though you should have Mind Charge anyway). And once you have Megido in your pool, just make sure to fuse that spell to a new persona so you always have a tool to kill them. You will of course want to have Megidola and Megidolaon eventually for this reason though. :)

CorvoSol

You should though is the thing. Tao Tie, the first Tower persona, is a level 35 persona and comes pre-packaged with it, so you can at least make it right now. :)

Shiisaa(Hierophant - Lv21)
Lamia(Hermit - Lv26)
Ara Mitama(Chariot - Lv18)

Those three together *should* make your very own Tao Tie, which starts with Megido, Mind Slice, and Dekunda. It gets Mind Charge at lv38, so it can have everything you need to start gold hand farming(though you should have Mind Charge anyway). And once you have Megido in your pool, just make sure to fuse that spell to a new persona so you always have a tool to kill them. You will of course want to have Megidola and Megidolaon eventually for this reason though. :)

Right, I remember those spells coming in handy in the back end of SMT4. Never got Megidoloan, but did get Megido.

Well, something to think about if I can't beat the boss with beefed up Yukiko and Teddie.

Swedesu

I actually found that using a break spell (Fire Break etc.) is the most reliable way of killing a golden hand early in the game, before you get megido of course.

Two-Three hits and they're gone.

Acid08

Banned
My Trumpeter with Spell Master, Cool Breeze, and Megidoloan became a straight up Gold Hand murderer. He's probably the only reason I was able to get up to 93 without any real grinding lol.

Something I've been wondering too, are there any big Mitsuru fans here? My current P3 playthrough is giving me more appreciation for her character. I think her friendship with Akihiko is pretty awesome too, they're a funny pair.

Angry Grimace

Why aren't they doing Persona 5 as a PS4/PS3 release? I mean, launch-era PS3s were backwards compatible with PS2, so it didn't matter that P3 and P4 weren't PS3 games, but PS4 obviously isn't.

Dresden

Something I've been wondering too, are there any big Mitsuru fans here? My current P3 playthrough is giving me more appreciation for her character. I think her friendship with Akihiko is pretty awesome too, they're a funny pair.

She was my favorite, then I replayed P3 last year. Now I just like everyone.

Angry Grimace

Because it's more expensive and resource intensive to do that?

Well that's an obvious consideration, but still, PS4 will have been out for quite a while by the time P5 launches, so I'd be concerned a lot of people will have put their PS3s away or have sold them. Obviously that wasn't a concern with the last gen.

Acid08

Banned
Well that's an obvious consideration, but still, PS4 will have been out for quite a while by the time P5 launches, so I'd be concerned a lot of people will have put their PS3s away or have sold them. Obviously that wasn't a concern with the last gen.

Anyone who wants to play P5 knows they have to keep their PS3 around. Atlus Faithful and all that.

My Trumpeter with Spell Master, Cool Breeze, and Megidoloan became a straight up Gold Hand murderer. He's probably the only reason I was able to get up to 93 without any real grinding lol.

I dunno

image.php

Thanks! I drew it myself.

King Fost

Neo Member

I think in all playthroughs after my first, he never got a chance to reform his shell (or only once) before I beat him. My favored party is Yu, Teddie, Kanji, and Chie; Yu uses does the routine Mind Charge + Agidyne thing, Kanji uses Rakukaja on Teddie, Teddie alternates between Mediarama and Matarukaja (and sometimes Energy Shower if necessary) and Chie mostly just assists Yu and Kanji in damage output. Kanji's main use is Cruel Attack whenever the boss gets knocked down (IIRC, Tarukaja'd Kanji w/Cruel Attack can dish out more than an All-Out attack); he uses Kill Rush for his other turns. Offense is pretty much everything in this battle, and this party has the requisite attack power and healing to get through this easily. This is all in Vanilla mind you; I imagine with Golden's changes, it'd be a lot easier.

I think this is the only boss I never bring Yosuke in for. If he has Jiraiya, I'd have to have two characters guard constantly if he uses Blue Wall and even if he has Susano-o, he just doesn't have good enough offense to be that useful (that and Dekaja is useless in this fight).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom