• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Knew it. I'll be expecting two character trailers—for SEES and the Investigation Team—every Friday now.

Seems like they're going in order, too, in terms of "joining" of the team. SEES existed before the events of 3 after all.

So next Friday should be Yukiko and Yukari I'd guess. Though it could be Shinjiro instead of Yukari, depending on how they're counting things.

Dantis

The beach trip was one of the bits that I found too silly. Just a series of "WOOOOAH, CRAZY" skits that were devoid of purpose or character, and not to my humour.

CorvoSol

Yep, the flag for his social link start is talking to one of the random school girls hanging around one of the floors and she talks about him, then you can talk to him to initiate the link. Since it's tied to that first girl, there ya go. :p

And yeah, the beach trip was a fantastic new addition to the game. Just the characters hanging out more and having fun together is awesome. You DID tell him to be a man and let them dangle though, right? :D

Was there even a point to choosing the inferior options?

FluxWaveZ

Seems like they're going in order, too, in terms of "joining" of the team. SEES existed before the events of 3 after all.

So next Friday should be Yukiko and Yukari I'd guess. Though it could be Shinjiro instead of Yukari, depending on how they're counting things.

Yeah, next Friday should be Yukiko and either Shinjiro or Yukari, but I'd bet on Shinjiro, definitely, 100% Shinjiro.

kewlmyc

PQ seems to be pure silly fun. I can't wait for it. Hopefully the gameplay doesn't suck and they get all the original voices back, except Fuuka. I don't mind Wendee Lee playing her here as well.

I thought they were going in order of who's revealed on the site? Guess we'll see soon enough.

Dantis

PQ seems to be pure silly fun. I can't wait for it. Hopefully the gameplay doesn't suck and they get all the original voices back, except Fuuka. I don't mind Wendee Lee playing her here as well.

I feel like this is a given, to be honest.

Still not sold on the game. I like Soejima's art for it, and the music sounds great, but not convinced by the rest of it at all.

I should download the Etrian Odyssey demo and see if I like that.

PK Gaming

So yeah, the bolded is, I think, what went wrong. Feel so bad about not starting Kanji's social link at all, haha. Poor guy.

So I did the entire rest of Summer last night. Dat beach trip. Dat Kanji. Dat wardrobe malfunction. It was 2 AM and I was chewing my hand to keep from waking my roommate up. Freakin' dying.
The Summer season is probably my favorite stretch of Persona 4

The beach trip was way too much fun
Adn5vLP.jpg

VI0zsNX.jpg

YJapWL0.jpg

kSjuGAt.jpg

pvF2GGQ.jpg

mEB0fr9.jpg

I took some more pictures. You can find the rest HERE

FluxWaveZ

I thought they were going in order of who's revealed on the site? Guess we'll see soon enough.

Yeah, that might be the case instead of the order in which they joined their respective teams or founded them because both Yosuke and Mitsuru are character numbers #03 for P3 and P4 respectively. Yukiko and Shinjiro are character numbers #04, so they're probably going to be featured next week. Rise and Fuuka were revealed on the site last week along with the first two character trailers, and they're both character numbers #05, so if it follows that order, Fuuka and Rise should have their trailers on January 31.

Lunar15

So, if Rise and Fuuka aren't fighters, I wonder what they're going to be doing in this game? I wonder if they'll still provide support for their respective teams during battle.

Lunar15

High schoolers learn how to use ancient japanese weapons with high proficency in a few days - no problem

High schoolers learn how to play instruments in a few weeks - ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS

Dantis

DIDN'T YOU LIKE THE CONCERT THOUGH DAN-CHAN!?

Second worst scene in the whole game.

I'd rather sit through Marie's shit poems than watch that again.

So, if Rise and Fuuka aren't fighters, I wonder what they're going to be doing in this game? I wonder if they'll still provide support for their respective teams during battle.

Makes sense, yeah. I wonder if characters like Marie or Margaret will be available for similar roles?

High schoolers learn how to use ancient japanese weapons with high proficency in a few days - no problem

High schoolers learn how to play instruments in a few weeks - ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS

YES BECAUSE MY PROBLEM WITH IT WAS THE FEASIBILITY.

An even if it was (It wasn't), like we've said before, this kind of point means nothing.

Lunar15

YES BECAUSE MY PROBLEM WITH IT WAS THE FEASIBILITY.

An even if it was (It wasn't), like we've said before, this kind of point means nothing.

I know, I'm just messing around. The scene is definitely ridiculous. I just think the contrast between the two arguments is funny.

I don't even think it was you who brought up the feasibility argument. I just remember someone had mentioned that in the past, and I was really referring to it in general.

Dantis

Guys! Rise, sweater, hair in pigtails or hair down?

I know, I'm just messing around. The scene is definitely ridiculous. I just think the contrast between the two arguments is funny.

I don't even think it was you who brought up the feasibility argument. I just remember someone had mentioned that in the past, and I was really referring to it in general.

Yeah, I was only kidding around too. ;)

Taruranto

So you're claiming that your meatsuru image is permissible because other people might have posted smut? Nice try, but that's logical fallacy if I ever saw one. I think it's funny that you have gall to act offended when you've done the same thing before, and garnered the same reaction. It's obvious at this point you're doing it to get a rise out of people or for the attention, especially since it's fucking massive and impossible to just scroll passed it.

With all due respect, what you posted is on completely different level of uncomfortable from what I posted. The Yosuke/Labrys comic had some risque undertones, but nothing that's outright NFSW. I'm honestly really disappointed right now, because I do not want to be misrepresented as what you have made me out to be.

With all due respect, I have no idea whatsoever what are you bitching about. It's a picture of a giant Mitsuru, I'm not sure how it suppose to make people "uncomfortable" (???) and "getting a rinse out of people". Unless you mean the resolution...

yLOrKsZ.jpg

Does Chieiko make you uncomfortable too?

I think you're a bitter troll.

Well, someone is bitter here, alright.

CorvoSol

I think Yosuke can be a bit of a loser and he needs to watch what he says to girls, but I'll be damned if Yosuke doesn't have the best ideas on what to do. He hasn't let me down once.

Lunar15

I think Yosuke can be a bit of a loser and he needs to watch what he says to girls, but I'll be damned if Yosuke doesn't have the best ideas on what to do. He hasn't let me down once.

Yep, he's a total loser. But he's got your back. That's what makes him great.

Gazoinks

It's Etrian Odyssey. The gameplay probably won't suck. Unless you don't like Etrian Odyssey. :p

I'm guessing it'll be easier than the mainline EO games, though. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to Q. Almost more than 5, because 5 still exists in that hazy zone where it's coming but I don't know enough about it to go into true hype mode.

kewlmyc

It's Etrian Odyssey. The gameplay probably won't suck. Unless you don't like Etrian Odyssey. :p

I'm guessing it'll be easier than the mainline EO games, though. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to Q. Almost more than 5, because 5 still exists in that hazy zone where it's coming but I don't know enough about it to go into true hype mode.

I've never played one. I've seen some videos though. PQ seems to be blending both battle systems, which might lead to interesting results, good or bad.

Have you tried asking her?

What, on Youtube? I could do that. Never occurred to me, I don't really chat with people via Youtube.

CorvoSol

Yep, he's a total loser. But he's got your back. That's what makes him great.

I think Yosuke could actually be cool if he would just, you know, play it cool. Like, instead of jumping up and down about how great it's gonna be to see Rise in a bikini, maybe keep that under your hat?

Also Teddie. It's funny because he behaves like a little kid, but since his experience with the human race is: a super market, a dating show, a bathhouse,
a strip club and a video game about murder
, poor guy seems to have totally out of whack concepts. Like I don't really think he intends anything untoward with Nanako, but because he has NO IDEA what half the things he says really mean I was like "Dude stop or Dojima will kill us both, man."

Him being flattened by Hanako was hilarious, though.

Acid08

Banned
I thought the beach scene was funny AND totally dumb. Marie existing kind of made everything else they added more than tolerable for me. She took the brunt of my hate.

Sophia

I genuinely enjoy most of the new scene additions in P4G, including the beach scene. I don't even dislike Marie per se, just the way they handled her god-awful social link.

Lunar15

Teddie acts the way he does because it's somewhat like he was raised on TV. Everything he does is overdramatic and he loves spouting out TV dialogue.

kewlmyc

I genuinely enjoy most of the new scene additions in P4G, including the beach scene. I don't even dislike Marie per se, just the way they handled her god-awful social link.
I would say something about Marie but I've heard we let the Marie hate run rampant here way too much, so I won't.

The only new event I didn't really like was the individual Valentine events (too much cheese for me). Every else I loved, didn't mind, or grew to like.

Moonlight

Banned

For vanilla P4? I'd definitely say so, yeah (but the festival is a close second). But since we're yanking from P4G here, I'd actually say that Midwinter is probably the best continuous stretch of 'free-time' in the game. To say nothing of the music and wonderfully bittersweet tone to it all, I adored all of the turn of the new year stuff and most of the other events featured. That's actually something in particular that I really loved in P3 (although the new year was a lot more significant to that game, admittedly) that I felt P4 really missed out on before Golden.

And haters are gonna hate, but the Ski Trip was absolutely brilliant.

Gazoinks

For vanilla P4? I'd definitely say so, yeah (but the festival is a close second). But since we're yanking from P4G here, I'd actually say that Midwinter is probably the best continuous stretch of 'free-time' in the game. To say nothing of the music and wonderfully bittersweet tone to it all, I adored all of the turn of the new year stuff and most of the other events featured. That's actually something in particular that I really loved in P3 (although the new year was a lot more significant to that game, admittedly) that I felt P4 really missed out on before Golden.

Kanji is innocent and Naoto is a racist.

PK Gaming

I never played the original P4 so I might be a little biased but, the ski trip and midwinter season are damn good. So good to the point where I honestly can't imagine the game without them. I think enjoyed just about everything from
the new years events
to the mundane stuff like
getting sick for a week.

And it goes without saying, but the midwinter outfits are glorious.

Acid08

Banned

Yeah the Ski Trip is awesome. Some of the most funny new dialogue is during that trip.

Exactly this is what a definitive P3 version would need. I always felt SEES had more of a co-worker dynamic than a best friends one (which the lack of social links doesn't help) and I would love to see what kind of scenes they could come up with with that cast of characters, especially Junpei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom