• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P4G spoiler:

FUCK the boss where you have to rescue Yukiko. What in the flying fuck am I even supposed to do here? Use the guy to heal and then wait it out to use Chie's ice attack? And then the fucking prince is another pain in the ass. I can't even go buy healing items because it would make the day pass if I go back into town to buy shit, no? My Persona has wind, 3 support attacks and Cleave. All useless versus this asshole.

Am I just horrible at this game or what the hell?

Moonlight

Banned
P4G spoiler:

FUCK the boss where you have to rescue Yukiko. What in the flying fuck am I even supposed to do here? Use the guy to heal and then wait it out to use Chie's ice attack? And then the fucking prince is another pain in the ass. I can't even go buy healing items because it would make the day pass if I go back into town to buy shit, no? My Persona has wind, 3 support attacks and Cleave. All useless versus this asshole.

It sounds like you haven't been fusing. Or at least, you don't have tons of variety in your set of Persona. Standard MO for the boss is to nab or fuse a Persona with Red Wall (Slime, for instance) to cast on Chie during the fight and round out her weakness and fuse something that resists, blocks, or absorbs flame (like Senri).

I bought Persona 4 Golden last month and love it.
So many plot twists in this game just when you think you caught the killer it's someone else. Fuck Adachi btw he is totally mental.

Tabby

So I'm playing Persona 3 FES and I just finished the
full moon boss in September.
I'm literally face-palming so hard.
I cannot stand Junpei, from the "Real men only use physical attacks" to the constant pervy attitude, his stupidity and getting
himself tied up.

P4G spoiler:

The recommended level is 15 I think, what level are you?
Try fusing some personas.

Sophia

P4G spoiler:

Judging from what you claim to have as a Persona, I'd say the fault probably lies in your strategy. Instead of trying to brute force the boss, go get a Senri like Moonlight suggested.

Remember, your Personas are the most important thing in the game. The heart and soul of the combat system. If you can't get past something, it probably means you need to change your Persona strategy around.

PK Gaming

Well guys, I finally caved in on the sale and bought Persona Four The Goldblum.

tumblr_m76p6xjgKx1r2moln.gif

Lunar15

Also, all of my 2014 gaming purchases have been double dips so far: Metal Gear Rising PC and now P4G. Which is weird, considering how I never ever double dip. Hell, I barely ever even replay games.

CorvoSol

OH MY GOSH THE TEACHER ON THE CLASS TRIP
TOOK US TO SPEND THE NIGHT IN A LOVE HOTEL.

Stairway to maturity confirmed.

Also is this the town from P3? The music sounds like it is.

Acid08

Banned
If you have played Persona 3, you would have known what's the building that the Yasogami students are staying in...plenty of references there.
I loved how they tied
the Hermit full moon shadow into the explanation of why Rise's gig at Escapade had to be cancelled. The guy in Escapade even mentions them having to cancel a show in P3.

CorvoSol

Yup, that is indeed the town from P3

Woo!

Ohhhhh boy

I hope you're looking forward to the 2nd day

I am. It's an entire day where I don't have to put up with "SCIENCE DECLARES THAT YOUR COMB IS ALMOST HALF AS UNIQUE AND SPECIAL AS YOU ARE MARIE AND WE ALL KNOW THAT YU IS YOUR BOYFRIEND FOREVER, NO MATTER HOW CLOSE HE IS TO THOSE WHORES YUKIKO AND RISE."

If you have played Persona 3, you would have known what's the building that the Yasogami students are staying in...plenty of references there.

I haven't played MUCH of Persona 3. Just the first 10 floors or so.

MSMrRound

I loved how they tied
the Hermit full moon shadow into the explanation of why Rise's gig at Escapade had to be cancelled. The guy in Escapade even mentions them having to cancel a show in P3.

I loved
Teddie's impersonation of Takaya. Not to mention, Chie's bumping into the hooligans at the seedy side of town. Of course, grown-up Chihiro is fine too.

So I'm playing Persona 3 FES and I just finished the
full moon boss in September.
I'm literally face-palming so hard.
I cannot stand Junpei, from the "Real men only use physical attacks" to the constant pervy attitude, his stupidity and getting
himself tied up.

The recommended level is 15 I think, what level are you?
Try fusing some personas.

Level 10. I did fuse to get an Valkyrie with Bufu and Media.

Judging from what you claim to have as a Persona, I'd say the fault probably lies in your strategy. Instead of trying to brute force the boss, go get a Senri like Moonlight suggested.

Remember, your Personas are the most important thing in the game. The heart and soul of the combat system. If you can't get past something, it probably means you need to change your Persona strategy around.

Valkyrie with bufu and media won't work? I heard the girl gets a better ice attack at 15?

The issue here is I went into the TV at the last possible day. I didn't know I can't go back to town after so I can't get revival beads at all. If I go back to town, I get a game over.

I really don't want to start the last week over.

MSMrRound

Grind for a bit at the lower levels, ransacking the treasure chests for HP/SP items to keep your runs going. Use physical attacks that can easily take care of trash mobs to save SP.

If you are talking about Chie, no the next ice spell that she gets is Mabufu, which is like bufu, only that it's a AOE variety...so don't go depending on her. Chie's ice attacks are meant for knockdown only, never as main damage dealer. Her physical attacks are way better in that aspect.

okay, so, i need opinions.

it's 9/19. i'm going to finish the
secret lab
dungeon on this day. i have spent too much time on S. links that ultimately i became uninterested in (namely ayane, fox, and the sports bros). i have rise at level 5, kanji at level 6, yosuke at 8, dojima at 9, and nanako at 7. do i have enough time to max these s. links before the end provided i basically do nothing but focus on them?

Meia

secret lab
dungeon on this day. i have spent too much time on S. links that ultimately i became uninterested in (namely ayane, fox, and the sports bros). i have rise at level 5, kanji at level 6, yosuke at 8, dojima at 9, and nanako at 7. do i have enough time to max these s. links before the end provided i basically do nothing but focus on them?

If it's Golden, more than enough time probably. Fox is always worth it simply because of the reduced rates to restore your SP, something that will come into play the higher your level gets since the more SP he'll have to replenish. You CAN keep costs down by going into the TV on days when it's in a good mood, but that's trial and error to figure out. Just because of how good those links are, I'd say put a priority on Dojima and Nanako first though. Of course, those are at night, so yeah.

If you want to speed up the day ones, don't feel bad about using the relationship fortune at the shrine at night to speed things along(resetting if you don't get a Great Blessing if you want).

And lv10 is way too low for the first full fledged shadow boss in the castle, level more. Fusing a persona that gets Media is also a MASSIVE help for that fight, as you won't have access to a heal spell that heals all of your party members earlier than that. Then again, I tend to overdo things by everyone being near lv17, and having an Oberon with Resist Physical, Resist Fire, Red Wall, and Media...

Soma

I thought the King's Game scene was fun at the time (and one of the few parts of the anime I actually liked) but maaaaan did the whole YEEAAH PROSWAGONIST thing get old fast.

Jintor

I guess you baka gaijin can't appreciate the rare artform that is a mediocre tie-in show!

I thought it was pretty fun, really. I was pretty pissed Troy Baker couldn't make it for the second half of the show though.

I thought the King's Game scene was fun at the time (and one of the few parts of the anime I actually liked) but maaaaan did the whole YEEAAH PROSWAGONIST thing get old fast.

It was funny at the time, but like the Charlie Tunoku (outside of the E.R.) joke, it gets old fast.

Sophia

Ahh, the awesome Lords of Vermellion artwork. <3

Level 10. I did fuse to get an Valkyrie with Bufu and Media.

Valkyrie with bufu and media won't work? I heard the girl gets a better ice attack at 15?

The issue here is I went into the TV at the last possible day. I didn't know I can't go back to town after so I can't get revival beads at all. If I go back to town, I get a game over.

I really don't want to start the last week over.

Valkyrie is okay, but its magic stat is merely average and it doesn't have the resist to fire (half of the bosses's attacks) that Senri or another Persona would have. I also recommend getting Red Wall too, because being able to protect Chie from most fire attacks is essential. Slime has this ability and it's easily transferred to another Persona. Seeing as you're playing Golden, you also want Zio too seeing as the Charming Prince is weak to it instead of Ice.

Also your level is a bit low; The boss is 15. I'm guessing you're skipping enemies in the name of preserving SP? If you really need items, farm the lower levels of the castle as it should have enemies you can beat with just auto attacks

If all else fails, and you still think you can't get past it, then
let time run out, and you'll go back a week while keeping your combat stats. You'll lose any social link progress however.

secret lab

You have more then enough time for Dojima, Nanako, and Yosuke. Getting all five of them however might be slightly difficult due to plot points later on in the game.

Dantis

I guess you baka gaijin can't appreciate the rare artform that is a mediocre tie-in show!

I thought it was pretty fun, really. I was pretty pissed Troy Baker couldn't make it for the second half of the show though.

I loved the show, but hated that scene.

Too silly, and it made no sense.

Hated it in the game too.

MSMrRound

I finished P3FES, enjoyed it a lot and decided to watch the Persona 4 anime just for the heck for it.

Probably finished the entire season in two days. Still don't really understand why there are some people that say that they hate the P4 anime (well...outside of the Double Chie/YukikoandRise place swap quality control in a couple of those episodes.)

But yea, episode 15 was probably my favourite of the bunch.

Meia

I finished P3FES, enjoyed it a lot and decided to watch the Persona 4 anime just for the heck for it.

Probably finished the entire season in two days. Still don't really understand why there are some people that say that they hate the P4 anime (well...outside of the Double Chie/YukikoandRise place swap quality control in a couple of those episodes.)

But yea, episode 15 was probably my favourite of the bunch.

You're trying to condense a 100 hour RPG into a 26 episode series. Some things they can do justice with, some they can't. Ultimately, they took their time for most of it, which was good, then rushed the end, which was bad. Then it's up to personal taste if you like how they adopted some of the scenes.

I think it's time to compile a list of things Dantis hates. Surely it would be several pages long by now?

Let's see.

Anime
Toasters
Hot Springs
Silliness
Naoto
European delays
Stairs
Hospitals

...wait, those last two were Francis, nvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom