• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Exactly this is what a definitive P3 version would need. I always felt SEES had more of a co-worker dynamic than a best friends one (which the lack of social links doesn't help) and I would love to see what kind of scenes they could come up with with that cast of characters, especially Junpei.

To start with, don't cancel the Student Festival this time...

To start with, don't cancel the Student Festival this time...

You just want to see this happen:

atxt.png

Tabby

Exactly this is what a definitive P3 version would need. I always felt SEES had more of a co-worker dynamic than a best friends one (which the lack of social links doesn't help) and I would love to see what kind of scenes they could come up with with that cast of characters, especially Junpei.

I felt like nothing every really happened in Persona 3, that was my main problem.
In Persona 4 you would always have cutscenes with the investigation team and going out.
Meanwhile in Persona 3 no one ever invited you out, you had no social links with the guys and you played as a super dull main character with no interesting choices ever; I'm still on my first playthrough up to August and I still feel like I hardly know the characters.
If they were to revisit the Persona 3 style, as in less of a best friend cast but more of a co-worker I would like to see them improve.

Moonlight

Banned
I always get a little mad whenever that typhoon cancels the Student Festival. Especially when I imagine what a really high end school like Gekkoukan could do for one as compared to Yasogami.

At least we still got Maid Yukari.

Kanji is innocent and Naoto is a racist.
I think the term you're looking for is 'speciest' and I love how pure-hearted Kanji is.

I never played the original P4 so I might be a little biased but, the ski trip and midwinter season are damn good. So good to the point where I honestly can't imagine the game without them. I think enjoyed just about everything from
the new years events
to the mundane stuff like
getting sick for a week.

And it goes without saying, but the midwinter outfits are glorious.
You're definitely right about that, and I actually think midwinter totally legitimizes P4G's place in the Persona canon (well, that and Adachi's social link). It's just an absolutely fantastic final stretch, and I think managed to nail that sense of finality to the whole adventure a lot better than vanilla did.

And I hate to be so fickle about the avatars I'm using as of late, but if someone could avatar-ize this:

I would greatly appreciate it.

Acid08

Banned
I felt like nothing every really happened in Persona 3, that was my main problem.
In Persona 4 you would always have cutscenes with the investigation team and going out.
Meanwhile in Persona 3 no one ever invited you out, you had no social links with the guys and you played as a super dull main character with no interesting choices ever; I'm still on my first playthrough up to August and I still feel like I hardly know the characters.
If they were to revisit the Persona 3 style, as in less of a best friend cast but more of a co-worker I would like to see them improve.

Tons of stuff happens in P3, you haven't even reached the best parts of the story yet.

Meia

Doesn't help that the freaking drama CDs have a lot of those fun moments that aren't in the game. :\

Hey, ya want to make a cool definitive version of 3? Do what we all say in terms of having the female route be fully animated and stuff, but have new events from the drama CDs! Why not, the scripts are already freaking done, and they even went so far to have the female MC on some of them too!

BTW folks, we do have some new people here going through P4 for the first time, so be careful what you post in terms of pics. :)

Meia

Yeah I've been told it gets better.

P3 starts off heavy, does fuck all all throughout the middle, and ends on a really high note in terms of story. P4 does a better job of going throughout a whole year, but they should since it was their second effort at it.

And yep, translated Chie trailer proves they're going to do a better job at the characters then Arena itself did. Not one mention of "meat" or "steak" anywhere in that, just her being afraid of some stuff and having a strong desire to protect everyone.

FluxWaveZ

And yep, translated Chie trailer proves they're going to do a better job at the characters then Arena itself did. Not one mention of "meat" or "steak" anywhere in that, just her being afraid of some stuff and having a strong desire to protect everyone.

I don't think a minute long trailer is enough to judge a character's characterization throughout a whole game, and I don't even remember how much Chie's love for meat is mentioned in P4A outside of her joke ending.

Acid08

Banned
I don't think a two minute trailer is enough to judge a character's characterization throughout a whole game, and I don't even remember how much Chie's love for meat is mentioned in P4A outside of her joke ending.
They brought the meat thing up a lot in Arena. Annoyingly so.

Jintor

Is that chie-q subtitled trailer supposed to look like an insanely pixellated blob of crap, or is there something wrong with youtube on my end again

Dantis

...Well, no PersonaGAF IRC for me. Won't work at all!

My Internet is probably having a strop that somebody was bad-mouthing Hashino. :p

Daimaou

So, this guy I know claims that Chie's design is a rip-off of Drake Bell; how the heck do I counter this?

Easiest way is to find out when the episode that shot was taken from aired, and if it was after 2008.

Otherwise, punch him in his big dumb mouth for not knowing what coincidences are.

So, this guy I know claims that Chie's design is a rip-off of Drake Bell; how the heck do I counter this?
cG4efrv.png

I would tell him that it was a pure conidence. That and fact that, would Soejima really have been watching something like this when he was making Persona 4 Characters. Because I serioulsly doubt it.

Also....WOW, I feel old for remembering those two(Drake Bell, the guy in the picture and Josh Peck his co-star on Drake and Josh) when they were on The Amanda Show way back when I was little.

Caladrius

I would tell him that it was a pure conidence. That and fact that, would Soejima really have been watching something like this when he was making Persona 4 Characters. Because I serioulsly doubt it.

Also....WOW, I feel old for remembering those two(Drake Bell, the guy in the picture and Josh Peck his co-star on Drake and Josh) when they were on The Amanda Show way back when I was little.

If I remember right Drake and Josh ended its run in '05 or so.

Well, that and I seriously doubt Nickelodeon has any significant presence in Japan and that a station would want to get the license for broadcast if that was indeed the case.

If I remember right Drake and Josh ended its run in '05 or so.

Well, that and I seriously doubt Nickelodeon has any significant presence in Japan and that a station would want to get the license for broadcast if that was indeed the case.
It actually ended in like 07 or 08 iirc. I bet it's like the Disney Channel, where in that it exists but has nothing of a significence prescence like you said.

Rizzi

I have no idea what you people are talking about any more. :p
Persona 3 Portable is pretty dope so far. So many cool changes.

I'd guess Meguro is overlooking the music direction but otherwise isn't composing.
I bet their splitting the work between the two of them. In Persona 4 Meguro did most of the tracks, but Kitajo did some tracks. I bet it's the same though maybe Kitajo is doing most of the tracks this time. I bet Meguro is busy with composing P5 soundtrack, P4U Soundtrack, and doing some remixes for Dancing All Night.

I bet their splitting the work between the two of them. In Persona 4 Meguro did most of the tracks, but Kitajo did some tracks. I bet it's the same though maybe Kitajo is doing most of the tracks this time. I bet Meguro is busy with composing P5 soundtrack, P4U Soundtrack, and doing some remixes for Dancing All Night.

Kitajoh is often relegated to Persona spinoffs and updated rereleases lately. He was a main composer for ISP and EPP, as well as composing the majority of P4A's soundtrack and half of P4G's new music. I can't see Meguro contributing much else other than the main theme and a few other songs as he did for P4A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom