• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

RjtgQV9.png

DA MAN.

Taruranto

at least quote tag the fucking thing. Eats had to do it for you

i don't give a shit if you post whatever bullshit non-vore art you want, but if you make it fill my giant monitor that's not fucking cool

So the problem is that I didn't quote it? Man, if I didn't know better, I could claim you were trolling.

For the record, I use NeoGAF: Image Scaling Lite, and forgot to quote pic sometimes.

Meia

I hope we get updates on the other games soon.

I'm guessing we won't til all the character trailers come out(which will be soon at this clip).

Then again, we may get two trailers per character if the site layout is accurate. Maybe a second trailer goes into each of the character's mechanics, almost like EO's "classes" trailers?

Naoto in Idol outfit. That's what both of us want to see. Search your feelings Dantis, you know it to be true!
I wanna see how Kanji and Yoskue dance, because I feel like Kanji is gonna be the most hilarious of the dancers. And whether or not they have Yoskue dancing with a trash can.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Finally beat Mitsuo's shadow. Man was that frustrating. Last night I decided first to find a few cards I needed to make a Black Frost, which inadvertently helped me grind as well. Created it and it was from arcana of my highest social ranking as well, so got a good few levels up and new moves on it, including the important two of Mind Charge and Agidyne.

From there potentially things would be easy, but I still lost like 3 or 4 times in a row which was annoying. Eventually finally managed to do beat it this morning though. The battles can be tough and can bring the game to a halt, but overcoming them is fun and when you do you are rewarded by a nice stream of story :).

I'm curious to know who here plays the games with no guide whatsoever? So actually goes out of their way to figure out different combinations for different Personas? Also has anyone here caught them all, Pokemon style?

cjkeats

I'm pretty sure Naoto's outfit will be terrible.
I still say it'll be a tomboyish thing or just a modified uniform like Yu. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if all the team was just in their uniforms. Rise is show to be actually working when all this is happening so she has an excuse to be in her outfit.

Dantis

I still say it'll be a tomboyish thing or just a modified uniform like Yu. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if all the team was just in their uniforms. Rise is show to be actually working when all this is happening so she has an excuse to be in her outfit.

It will most likely be a modified uniform like Narukami's.

I still think it will look bad though. :p
I do want to see what everyone looks like though. If they all wear just their standard outfits (Which I think is unlikely), then I'd be fine with that.

And yeah, I think most of the fan service will come in the form of alternate outfits.

Meia

Finally beat Mitsuo's shadow. Man was that frustrating. Last night I decided first to find a few cards I needed to make a Black Frost, which inadvertently helped me grind as well. Created it and it was from arcana of my highest social ranking as well, so got a good few levels up and new moves on it, including the important two of Mind Charge and Agidyne.

From there potentially things would be easy, but I still lost like 3 or 4 times in a row which was annoying. Eventually finally managed to do beat it this morning though. The battles can be tough and can bring the game to a halt, but overcoming them is fun and when you do you are rewarded by a nice stream of story :).

I'm curious to know who here plays the games with no guide whatsoever? So actually goes out of their way to figure out different combinations for different Personas? Also has anyone here caught them all, Pokemon style?

Well, 100% the compendium IS a trophy, and it's not as hard as you'd think to do.

The easiest way is to stick within the own arcana. Say an arcana has 5 persona in it. You have #1 at the lowest level, all the way up to #5 at the highest. If you fuse #3 and #4 together, you get #2. If you fuse #5 and #4 together, you get #3. This is an easy way to fill in "gaps" in an arcana if you look at all the "???" in the compendium. Furthering this example, if you fuse #1, #2, and #3 together, your result will be #4. If you fuse #2, #3, and #4 together, you'll get #5.

This isn't bad to keep in mind when you realize that usually elements are reliant on Arcana. The Fortune arcana, for example, usually specializes in Wind, while the Magician one specializes in Fire. When I say Fire Boost and Fire Amp stack, usually the easiest way to get these two abilities on the same persona that has the best Fire attacks(from scratch) is using the above method.

There are some exclusions to this, of course. Any 4, 5, or 6 persona fusion has it's formula on display always in the Velvet Room, so those are special cases. There are also a few others that require specific personas in a 2 or 3 way fusion that always give you a specific persona as a result. Fusing Nebiros and Belial together is the only way to get Alice(nod to an early SMT game I think). Fusing Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos together(or the three sisters of Fate as they're more commonly known) is the only way to get Norn(or a persona that's literally a combination of all 3 around a clock). There are some others like these two as well.

In terms of a guide for the game portion, I don't really use one. The only time I ever do is usually some kind of list of all of the personas and what all of their skills are so I can be better prepared with the best ones possible. Of course, for the social link stuff I always follow some max link guide for that, just because that's how I am. I look forward to 5 coming out and doing neither for it since I know almost all of 3's and 4's systems like the back of my hand at this point. :)

Wow, I'm really enjoying these weekly updates on the Persona Q site. It's nice to have a somewhat steady stream of new content for at least one of these games. Today's is probably my favorite! ;)

Yukari Takeba:

yukari_takeba___persona_q_avatar_by_darkside989-d72itid.png

Junpei Iori:

junpei_iori___persona_q_avatar_by_darkside989-d72itgh.png

iOS wallpapers will be up tomorrow, just like last week! :D

Sophia

.... that gun would probably destroy me anyhow as I'm not meant for combat. ;_;

Wow, I'm really enjoying these weekly updates on the Persona Q site. It's nice to have a somewhat steady stream of new content for at least one of these games. Today's is probably my favorite! ;)

I hope they keep the weekly or semi-weekly updates going til Persona 5's launch for all their products. Its nice getting a steady stream of news and keeps people interested in the product. I think Persona Q has a chance to be pretty successful because of this.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Well, 100% the compendium IS a trophy, and it's not as hard as you'd think to do.

The easiest way is to stick within the own arcana. Say an arcana has 5 persona in it. You have #1 at the lowest level, all the way up to #5 at the highest. If you fuse #3 and #4 together, you get #2. If you fuse #5 and #4 together, you get #3. This is an easy way to fill in "gaps" in an arcana if you look at all the "???" in the compendium. Furthering this example, if you fuse #1, #2, and #3 together, your result will be #4. If you fuse #2, #3, and #4 together, you'll get #5.

This isn't bad to keep in mind when you realize that usually elements are reliant on Arcana. The Fortune arcana, for example, usually specializes in Wind, while the Magician one specializes in Fire. When I say Fire Boost and Fire Amp stack, usually the easiest way to get these two abilities on the same persona that has the best Fire attacks(from scratch) is using the above method.

There are some exclusions to this, of course. Any 4, 5, or 6 persona fusion has it's formula on display always in the Velvet Room, so those are special cases. There are also a few others that require specific personas in a 2 or 3 way fusion that always give you a specific persona as a result. Fusing Nebiros and Belial together is the only way to get Alice(nod to an early SMT game I think). Fusing Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos together(or the three sisters of Fate as they're more commonly known) is the only way to get Norn(or a persona that's literally a combination of all 3 around a clock). There are some others like these two as well.

In terms of a guide for the game portion, I don't really use one. The only time I ever do is usually some kind of list of all of the personas and what all of their skills are so I can be better prepared with the best ones possible. Of course, for the social link stuff I always follow some max link guide for that, just because that's how I am. I look forward to 5 coming out and doing neither for it since I know almost all of 3's and 4's systems like the back of my hand at this point. :)

Thanks for that, and wow you know all of that off the top of your head! I've already been calling this game in-depth, but wow looks like it can go even deeper! There's so many approaches to strategy, not to mention the countless items, that it can feel quite overwhelming at times. It's like the video game version of a massive thousand page book.

Dantis

.... that gun would probably destroy me anyhow as I'm not meant for combat. ;_;

I hope they keep the weekly or semi-weekly updates going til Persona 5's launch for all their products. Its nice getting a steady stream of news and keeps people interested in the product. I think Persona Q has a chance to be pretty successful because of this.

This is what they did for P4G and Arena too, so I think it's pretty likely.

Jintor

So the problem is that I didn't quote it? Man, if I didn't know better, I could claim you were trolling.

For the record, I use NeoGAF: Image Scaling Lite, and forgot to quote pic sometimes.

Do have you have any idea how annoying a giant meatsuru is that could conceivably, at the resolution you provided, have been used as a goddamn high res wallpaper? i'm just trying to scroll through a goddamn thread, I don't need to see that every time I want to see what the latest waifu squabble is about. You might think I have a stick up my arse about this, and I suppose you'd be right; but you don't get to be indignant about this. You're the one who posted a giant meatsuru. It's on you.

Seeing as I'm made out of metal and all.... good luck. :)

thumbsup.gif

Sophia

There is no way the new Robocop has the charm of the original. I bet there won't even be a tribute to Basil Poledouris's amazing score, and that's sad.

FireSol

Little offtopic here
Finally beat Zelda:ALBW. Im not a Zelda games fan, but this game is great!!!
Is Atelier Meruru plus for Vita is worth full price??

PK Gaming

Dudes, why they hell are you even going on. I've seen posts here of Fuuka on Akihiko's body and Naoto half naked exposing her ass crack-ass, and a picture of Mitsuru in meat makes you "uncomfortable" and think "you are being trolled"?
So you're claiming that your meatsuru image is permissible because other people might have posted smut? Nice try, but that's logical fallacy if I ever saw one. I think it's funny that you have gall to act offended when you've done the same thing before, and garnered the same reaction. It's obvious at this point you're doing it to get a rise out of people or for the attention, especially since it's fucking massive and impossible to just scroll passed it.
You just posted a picture of Yosuke fisting Labrys and getting his hand ripped off.
With all due respect, what you posted is on completely different level of uncomfortable from what I posted. The Yosuke/Labrys comic had some risque undertones, but nothing that's outright NFSW. I'm honestly really disappointed right now, because I do not want to be misrepresented as what you have made me out to be.
I'm the one saying jesus christ. If you have a problem with me, just say it more clearly.
I think you're a bitter troll.

Dantis

Let's not fight guys. That's what Hitler wants.

Keiichi, can we just agree that if you're going to post gigantic pictures that make us look even worse than our already-terrible reputation, you put them in quotation tags?

What's going on here? Is this just one of those anime things where the angry person appears big or something?

I think so, yeah. Whoever said it reminded them of Alice In Wonderland was kind of right though, there is a slight vibe to it.

CorvoSol

About the bolded, Rise's social link does break the game in a pretty massive way as well, if you want things to be a little easier for you. At max for example, she'll randomly appear in battle and do something(Matarukaja, Makarukaja, Masukukaja, Mind Charge/Power Charge everyone(at the same time), recover everyone's status, small heal everyone, recover everyone's SP). If an attack done to everyone would kill someone she'll just completely negate the attack(once per battle). If the MC falls in battle she can revive them(once per battle). In addition, any time you face a new shadow, if the current character's turn has something that the shadow is weak to, she'll point it out.

Kanji is found outside the textile shop near the shrine on days he's available, so long as you started his link. His link can only be started while school's in session, so if you hadn't yet and you hit the summer break, you have to wait til school comes back in session.

So yeah, the bolded is, I think, what went wrong. Feel so bad about not starting Kanji's social link at all, haha. Poor guy.

So I did the entire rest of Summer last night. Dat beach trip. Dat Kanji. Dat wardrobe malfunction. It was 2 AM and I was chewing my hand to keep from waking my roommate up. Freakin' dying.

Meia

So yeah, the bolded is, I think, what went wrong. Feel so bad about not starting Kanji's social link at all, haha. Poor guy.

So I did the entire rest of Summer last night. Dat beach trip. Dat Kanji. Dat wardrobe malfunction. It was 2 AM and I was chewing my hand to keep from waking my roommate up. Freakin' dying.

Yep, the flag for his social link start is talking to one of the random school girls hanging around one of the floors and she talks about him, then you can talk to him to initiate the link. Since it's tied to that first girl, there ya go. :p

And yeah, the beach trip was a fantastic new addition to the game. Just the characters hanging out more and having fun together is awesome. You DID tell him to be a man and let them dangle though, right? :D

Let's not fight guys. That's what Hitler wants.

Keiichi, can we just agree that if you're going to post gigantic pictures that make us look even worse than our already-terrible reputation, you put them in quotation tags?

I think so, yeah. Whoever said it reminded them of Alice In Wonderland was kind of right though, there is a slight vibe to it.

You mean our benevolent overlord Fuhrer! I do not know this Hitler fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom