• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Everyone should read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" if they have interests in androids at all. It's a good novel. :O

Jintor

What? That can't be right, I remember thumbing through a copy once and it seeming like a bajillion forevers.

Maybe my standards for what length is in book for has changed

Jintor

I used to be a speed reader, but my attention span has really deteriorated these days, so if I want to actually retain anything I read I need to go slower.

Sophia

Just fused a Jack Frost. Why does he have a flashing pink heart on his status screen?

It means he's carrying an item, which he'll give you once he gets enough experience.

The item in question is Frost Cap, which is pretty useless. All it does is prevent freeze status.

Meia

Some items are really damn good, even negating elements completely. I think it's either Odin or Thor that gives you the null electricity accessory, which I grabbed two of last playthrough since I used both Yukari and Aigis. :p

Once the persona learns the last spell that he or she will learn, it'll give you the item. You can save it to the compendium just before it levels, have it give you the item, fuse it off, then buy it back to get another one if you want. :)

Happy (snowy) Saturday!

As promised, here's the latest wave of Persona Q iOS wallpapers!

Yukari Takeba:

yukari_takeba___persona_q_ios_wallpaper_by_darkside989-d72nx46.jpg

Junpei Iori:

I doubt there will ever be an update as good as this one, so enjoy! XD

CorvoSol

It's even better in the anime!

I'll have to check the anime out after I finish the game, haha. That whole class trip thing was nuuuuuts.

Also, I know I say this like, every single post, but I'm so sick of Marie. I have 2 Social Links left to go and she still treats me like shit. Do you know how nice to me every. other. character. in this game is by this point in the social link quest? Friggin' Marie doesn't even bother to thank me, or care that I'm putting off pursuing Rise so I can spend time where her and her special snowflake phone and PSX Square Soft Amnesia.

I hope the 10th Social Link has her asking me out because I am going to DUMP HER SO HARD AND THEN NEVER, EVER TALK TO HER HIDEOUS SOCKS ON ARM FACE AGAIN.

All I want is to get to know Rise and Kanji but noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Have to make time to babyshit shit for manners.

In unrelated news my team seems decent now. Everybody's levels are between 43 and 50.

cjkeats

I'll have to check the anime out after I finish the game, haha. That whole class trip thing was nuuuuuts.

Also, I know I say this like, every single post, but I'm so sick of Marie. I have 2 Social Links left to go and she still treats me like shit. Do you know how nice to me every. other. character. in this game is by this point in the social link quest? Friggin' Marie doesn't even bother to thank me, or care that I'm putting off pursuing Rise so I can spend time where her and her special snowflake phone and PSX Square Soft Amnesia.

I hope the 10th Social Link has her asking me out because I am going to DUMP HER SO HARD AND THEN NEVER, EVER TALK TO HER HIDEOUS SOCKS ON ARM FACE AGAIN.

All I want is to get to know Rise and Kanji but noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Have to make time to babyshit shit for manners.

In unrelated news my team seems decent now. Everybody's levels are between 43 and 50.

Your rants like these are something I've always liked in the anime thread before I stopped reading it. I'm so glad you're here now. lol.

Gazoinks

Everyone should read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" if they have interests in androids at all. It's a good novel. :O

I second that! You should especially read it if you like Blade Runner, the movie was loosely based on it. Although I like the book more. :p

Gazoinks

I have read "Vulcano 3" by the same author and I enjoyed. I wanted to buy that one, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Do Androids Dream of Etc. shouldn't be that hard to find cheap on the internets, it's one of his more well-known books. It was also rereleased as "Blade Runner" to tie into the movie.

CorvoSol

Your rants like these are something I've always liked in the anime thread before I stopped reading it. I'm so glad you're here now. lol.

I rant, therefore I am.

I haven't read that, but I did read most of Isaac Asimov's Robots series, which is pretty great. This reminds me I need to go post a book request in Off Topic.

Dantis

I know me and you have discussed P K Dick on here a few times, but I'm going to second this anyway.

He's my favourite author. Astoundingly creative mind.

cj_iwakura

Just finished my PowerPoint for the fan translation panel I'm doing tomorrow. It touches on Innocent Sin, SMT1, and EP PSP. Can't wait.

Nachos

Just finished my PowerPoint for the fan translation panel I'm doing tomorrow. It touches on Innocent Sin, SMT1, and EP PSP. Can't wait.

Oh, cool. Is there any way you'd be able to post the slides online after it's done?

Ooh, that's cool. Where at?

I might be completely off base with this, but I think he said it was for a convention in Florida? He definitely mentioned it in the thread before.

cj_iwakura

I'm guessing you've been involved in the scene for quite a long time? I even hear your name mentioned on gamefaqs quite a bit.

Not really. Three years. I've been playing a lot of them for much longer, though.

And really? Can't imagine why, I've only done two projects which were anything but high profile. (Shikigami's patch got a whopping 82 downloads, Golden Reverie beat that in an hour.)

Dantis

I was looking for a reference of Rise with her hair down, and it made me realise how much longer Rise's hair in Dancing All Night is compared to P4.

(P4 Epilogue spoilers)

In P4, Rise's pigtails go down just past her shoulders. This is consistent in all art, including Arena. In the epilogue, her hair is longer, and is now right down her back. In Dancing All Night, she has her hair up a lot higher than P4, and it's still right the way down her back.

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that P4D will have black haired Kanji, short haired Yosuke, longer haired Naoto and possibly even a taller Teddie.

EDIT: Now with images for comparison! Also I've decided her new hair looks silly. It looked a lot better before.

PK Gaming

Haha

Just be glad that you're about to get her s.link out of the way. I didn't bother raising hers at all so I was stuck playing catchup in the last month.

EDIT: Now with images for comparison! Also I've decided her new hair looks silly. It looked a lot better before.
The Epilogue?
I think her epilogue hair looks great, but it looks strange in the shot we get since some of it curls in front of her face, almost looking like weird sideburns...

Dantis

No, the Dancing All Night hair.
Her epilogue outfit looks great. I think I like all of them except for Yukiko.

Should we spoiler tag specific things about the epilogue? I'm not sure what is considered a spoiler on that front.

CorvoSol

Haha

Just be glad that you're about to get her s.link out of the way. I didn't bother raising hers at all so I was stuck playing catchup in the last month.

True, true.

P3 question: Is there an event I need to do to start Social Links with Junpei and Yukari or does the story start those automatically for me? The only character I have an SLink with at the moment is Generic McSchoolFriend.

EDIT: Also is it worth keeping Orpheus around or should I fuse him off? As in is this like P4G where I can just shrug Izanagi's level off due to his having thrice the stats any other persona has (thank you based stat cards) or not?

Should we spoiler tag specific things about the epilogue? I'm not sure what is considered a spoiler on that front.

Hm, I don't know. Watching the P4D trailer and looking at the in-game model, it really doesn't look much different from:
The actual art for P4D Rise seems a little inconsistent with the model used in the game, IMO.

Caladrius

True, true.

P3 question: Is there an event I need to do to start Social Links with Junpei and Yukari or does the story start those automatically for me? The only character I have an SLink with at the moment is Generic McSchoolFriend.

EDIT: Also is it worth keeping Orpheus around or should I fuse him off? As in is this like P4G where I can just shrug Izanagi's level off due to his having thrice the stats any other persona has (thank you based stat cards) or not?

Are you playing as a boy or girl? If you're a boy you don't S. Link with the male party members.(Yeah, I don't know why either.) Yukari is accessible once charm is maxed.

Orpheus should be fused off ASAP. He isn't particularly good and he falls behind quickly since P3 has no way to increase stats outside of level up. (IIRC).

Jintor

Corvo's still playing, so spoiler everything

Acid08

Banned
Yukiko's
epilogue outfit was so boring. I get that it kinda fits her story but jeez she's not an old maid yet. Going from that amazing red-infused design to that? Awful.

PK Gaming

True, true.

Jr., I've got something... difficult... to tell you about Princess Peach...

• There is no Junpei social link in the main game. (No S.link with any of the male SEES members either...) The female protagonist has a social link with Junpei though.
  • Yukari's social link can only be started when you have max charm. You know those personality traits in P4? Well they're exist in P3, and they're required to start some of the social links (all of the female SEES member s.links to be precise)
  • There is definitely no point in keeping Orpheus passed a certain point. Shuffle Time doesn't net you any stat cards and you can't get skill cards, so no new skills outside of
    skill mutations. Orpheus itself is a crappy Persona though to its credit, its fusion spell with Apsaras is hella useful for a small while.

Dantis

Hm, I don't know. Watching the P4D trailer and looking at the in-game model, it really doesn't look much different from:
The actual art for P4D Rise seems a little inconsistent with the model used in the game, IMO.

I disagree. It's much longer and much thicker in P4D.

Corvo's still playing, so spoiler everything

By your command.

It looked inconsistent in Arena as well.

Eh? When/how was it inconsistent? Her Arena hair is the same length as her P4 hair.

Unless you mean the sprite, but a lot of those were inconsistent with Soejima's art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom