• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like I can level Valkyrie once more and get Mabufu, then fuse it with Slime and Angel to make a Oberon with Zio, Arm Chopper, Bufu, Mabufu, Media and Garu and Makujam. Sound good for the first shadow boss?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
PodvLTY.jpg

This artist has really been pumping them out. :p

CorvoSol

Are you playing as a boy or girl? If you're a boy you don't S. Link with the male party members.(Yeah, I don't know why either.) Yukari is accessible once charm is maxed.

Orpheus should be fused off ASAP. He isn't particularly good and he falls behind quickly since P3 has no way to increase stats outside of level up. (IIRC).

I'm playing as a boy, but I'm mulling over starting a sort of simultaneous save as a girl. Unless stats for New Game + may be gifted to the opposite gender on a second playthrough.

Corvo's still playing, so spoiler everything

Well, everything that's after
the school trip
. And everything after
the monorail in P3
since that is where I am respectively. I get that some things are obvious and I don't care if I'm spoiled on those (So and So is a girl, a robot joins your team, blah blah blah) but the major story events not being spoiled is all I'm worried about.

Jr., I've got something... difficult... to tell you about Princess Peach...

• There is no Junpei social link in the main game. (No S.link with any of the male SEES members either...) The female protagonist has a social link with Junpei though.
  • Yukari's social link can only be started when you have max charm. You know those personality traits in P4? Well they're exist in P3, and they're required to start some of the social links (all of the female SEES member s.links to be precise)
  • There is definitely no point in keeping Orpheus passed a certain point. Shuffle Time doesn't net you any stat cards and you can't get skill cards, so no new skills outside of
    skill mutations. Orpheus itself is a crappy Persona though to its credit, its fusion spell with Apsaras is hella useful for a small while.

Okay, so ditch Orpheus. If I ever want him back, can I buy him from a compendium again or no?

Also kinda not bad to hear there are no male social links. There's so much stuff to do in Persona, and unlike P4 where I can kinda walk around and visualize things, P3P's layout is sort of crummy and wonky.

I disagree. It's much longer and much thicker in P4D.
Yeah, I'm just sort of hung up on some of the art and models not entirely lining up. I definitely see what you mean, even if I personally don't find it large enough of a difference that I can say I prefer P4 Rise over P4D Rise.

Dantis

That Chie picture is boss.

Yeah, I'm just sort of hung up on some of the art and models not entirely lining up. I definitely see what you mean, even if I personally don't find it large enough of a difference that I can say I prefer P4 Rise over P4D Rise.

Well, I mean, that's fine, but that's not my point anyway.

My point is that (P4G spoilers)
I think it might be an indication that everyone will have their epilogue designs. Obviously, the timeframe seems to make this obvious, but they were some pretty heavy changes.

PK Gaming

I'm playing as a boy, but I'm mulling over starting a sort of simultaneous save as a girl. Unless stats for New Game + may be gifted to the opposite gender on a second playthrough.
They can, but your level ends up carrying over so its kind of a moot point. (I mean, unless you feel like dusting through the game at level 80 or whatever). I say go for it; you might end up preferring the female playthrough, so you never know
Okay, so ditch Orpheus. If I ever want him back, can I buy him from a compendium again or no?
You got it

RaikuHebi

Banned
With Mitsuo I had to get help on here, read GAMEFAQs, make a suitable Persona and grind.

But then I beat Naoko in one go though haha. Did I get better? Did the grinding help? Or is this boss way easier?

Either way it feels damn good! I've been playing this on and off since the Summer and it never gets old!

Gazoinks

With Mitsuo I had to get help on here, read GAMEFAQs, make a suitable Persona and grind.

But then I beat Naoko in one go though haha. Did I get better? Did the grinding help? Or is this boss way easier?

Either way it feels damn good! I've been playing this on and off since the Summer and it never gets old!

Void Quest is probably the only major difficulty spike in the game outside of maybe Shadow Yukiko and some optional content.

tumblr_m44glndfXy1rsjpnco1_500.jpg

Well guys?

I would be perfectly okay with this. I like Marie and I like the idea of having a FeMC, so it's win-win. Of course her existing character would have been stripped away in order to make her a silent protag like Narukami. I don't really like the idea of that, but I know it would be necessary to make her dialog responses fitting with the plot and S.Links.

Acid08

Banned
I would be perfectly okay with this. I like Marie and I like the idea of having a FeMC, so it's win-win. Of course her existing character would have been stripped away in order to make her a silent protag like Narukami. I don't really like the idea of that, but I know it would be necessary to make her dialog responses fitting with the plot and S.Links.
If only. Sounds incredible.

Gazoinks

Strip her of her bad attitude and poor fashion sense, and we've got a deal. It seems like the characters have been drifting more towards having a bit of an implied personality, but her clothes might be too much for a silent protagonist.

Speaking of implied personality (kind of), I kinda hope they give the protag of P5 a Shadow. I liked the way they pulled it off in P2 with it calling back to some decisions you made, and it'd be interesting to see that idea expanded further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom