• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
You'd think Yukiko could at least have picked up some tips from being near a hotel kitchen her entire life.

Most obvious bad cook would be Rise though, idol that just eats the best food and never has to actually make anything.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
One of them not being able to cook would have been funny. But all of them? That's just kind of ridiculous.

I did think it was funny that Yu was basically the only person who could cook, though.

Naoto was a pretty competent cook, right?

Sophia

I actually feel that Persona 4 would be infinitely easier if I were Japanese. Every time I get those pop questions about Japanese history I'm like "I HAVE NO IDEA WE DON'T TEACH ABOUT THAT IN THE GLORIOUS EMPIRE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION."

I think a lot of those are actually altered in the translation.

One of them not being able to cook would have been funny. But all of them? That's just kind of ridiculous.

I did think it was funny that Yu was basically the only person who could cook, though.

No, you don't get it. They're bad at cooking!! How can you not think this is hilarious?

...and then they went and used this gag multiple times. The first was bad enough, but the second time it's like, y'all. You know Chie and Yukiko are bad at cooking, why are you making them cook for you?

Jintor

Because SEXISM

Naoto is all coffee and doughnuts from Krispy Kremes while on stake-outs.

tumblr_mavk1sHX1h1qdswyeo1_250.gif

CorvoSol

No, you don't get it. They're bad at cooking!! How can you not think this is hilarious?

...and then they went and used this gag multiple times. The first was bad enough, but the second time it's like, y'all. You know Chie and Yukiko are bad at cooking, why are you making them cook for you?

I thought it was funny the second time, mostly because of the "we can't let poor Nanako ingest this." aspect.

Sophia

The oddest thing about Keisuke's line is I wasn't aware that cleaning required specific knowledge that was somehow only commonly available to women. :\

Although, given his story and that his father is a doctor, he probably grows up in a very traditional Japanese household. Still, what odd views to have.

Sophia

These secrets are not for the ears of men!

Also, I completely forgot Keisuke existed. :p

Brace yourself, men of PersonaGAF. I am going to teach to the secret ancient art of... moving a vacuum back and forth. :p

The oddest thing is him thinking that living in a dorm involves cooking and cleaning.

Actually, they do take turns cleaning the place. Junpei mentions so in The Answer because it was his turn to clean stuff up.

Okay guys, I'm gonna need your help again. I've finally finished basic editing and my lines for the voice project I'm doing, so now comes the hardest part: casting the other roles. Since so many people volunteered to help me, I'm going to have to make a request for everyone who wants a role to record a quick snippet of the character you want to play (an audition of sorts) and PM it to me.

Thanks so much to everyone who's willing to help. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

CorvoSol

According to science, when you're developing as a child, becoming more attractive sucks out your brain cells.

Trust me, I'm in college.

I'm in college too. If anything it makes people harder to trust. "Trust me, I'm an English Major." "This is Brazilian Literature."

CorvoSol

Tell that to gaming side everytime the word Persona is brought up.

I'm surprised Gaming Side's fear of anime in JRPGs doesn't make them just rant about that. People always take shots at FF for it, I'd be surprised to hear that Persona and Tales don't get that.

I always literally forget Keisuke exists. Literally, I need to be reminded he's a thing.

Mostly by virtue of knowing how to follow a cook-book, apparently.
Keisuke is alright in my opinion.

Naoto has the sense to not put random ingredients in her cooking and sees what sticks.

I remember that Maya and Ulala can't cook either. Since from what I remeber of Persona 2 they pretty much only cooked canned carb. The best cook in the Persona series would be Tatsuya's brother Katsuya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom