• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Yumi's social link might have been interesting if it went down the route of the school play. A production of Romeo & Juliet & Hamlet or what ever the play was would have been funny at least.

But the protagonist doesn't really belong when he's going to see her at the hospital. She's someone he barely knows butting into some pretty deep family issues. It didn't feel realistic how he'd go to Drama and at the end of the session think, 'oh, I'll pop down to the hospital and see how Yumi is doing!''

It didn't feel realistic that his partner bailed on class and he wondered what was up? That he found out what was up and then supported her though it? That wasn't realistic?

I disagree completely.

Squire

Banned
Also Yumi is amongst my favourite P4 S Links.

Good man. She's top tier, for sure.

Had a conversation with my boss's husband, a recent ex-Sega employee. Lots of good things to say about Atlus and he said that they're operating just as they were before. Only changes were that Atlus USA may be doing some Sega localizations. Also said that he expects even more Atlus games to be localized now.

This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Acid08

Banned
It didn't feel realistic that his partner bailed on class and he wondered what was up? That he found out what was up and then supported her though it? That wasn't realistic?

I disagree completely.

Rushing to the hospital to be with some casual acquaintance is like....not super realistic. If anything you'd try to talk to them about it at school.

Squire

Banned
Rushing to the hospital to be with some casual acquaintance is like....not super realistic. If anything you'd try to talk to them about it at school.

Most of P4 isn't super realistic. It didn't feel inappropriate or forced to me, personally.

Acid08

Banned
Most of P4 isn't super realistic. It didn't feel inappropriate or forced to me, personally.

I guess in the context of that game it was believable but....still thought it was dumb. I never got much further than that though because I got bored of that slink.

CorvoSol

Yumi, the girl with daddy issues.

And this creature
ayane1.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOoooh, crippling self esteem Band girl! I like to hang out with her in the hopes that at some point I can crush her blossoming emotions for me like so much dirt beneath my heels. She'll probably wind up shooting up the school or something.

Her only good trait is that she plays the Trombone, which is the superior instrument to the EgoTrumpet.

And speaks a grand total of like 5 words!

I can only think of two: "Persona!" and "Izanagi!"

He's also a great cook, can speak multiple languages, builds toy models like its nobody's business and is an ace fisherman.

Yeah, I think its safe to say that Yu Narukami is pretty much the best character.

He could be worse. Krile from FF5 can pilot a meteorite (which nobody else can), psychically communicate with animals, best the battlehardened sons of master swordsmen, fly on dragons, fight the demon king's hordes like she's somehow the equal of a bunch of people who've been doing it for an entire journey already, and oh yeah, she can OHKO the main villain.

Fucking Krile is the worst.

Jintor

OOOOOOOOOOOoooh, crippling self esteem Band girl! I like to hang out with her in the hopes that at some point I can crush her blossoming emotions for me like so much dirt beneath my heels. She'll probably wind up shooting up the school or something.

That's so Corvo!

*audience laugh track*

Caladrius

She would have been more interesting if they turned her into a Yandere.

PK Gaming

He could be worse. Krile from FF5 can pilot a meteorite (which nobody else can), psychically communicate with animals, best the battlehardened sons of master swordsmen, fly on dragons, fight the demon king's hordes like she's somehow the equal of a bunch of people who've been doing it for an entire journey already, and oh yeah, she can OHKO the main villain.

Fucking Krile is the worst.
It's been a while since I played FF5 but...

What 0_o

Gazoinks

I never finished her S.Link. I feel bad because I was hanging out with her and helping her with her self esteem and then one day I just stopped talking to her. Did the same thing with Naoki, actually. I budgeted my time pretty poorly when I played through P4, the only non-party S.Links I finished were Nanako and Dojima.

wmlk

The Coronet Armor is such a stupid design.

It would be fine if she was wearing trousers, or a skirt, or something, but as is, it just looks really silly.

Also Yumi is amongst my favourite P4 S Links.

I guess I wasn't as interested in Yumi compared to Ai, Rise, Dojima, etc. because of what her character was, but Yumi's was probably one of the only Social Links in the game that was tough to respond to. Really made you think about what the character was thinking and the moral behind it. I think it captures the essence of what a Social Link should be, to me at least,

CorvoSol

That's so Corvo!

*audience laugh track*

Now if I just had a catchphrase and a quirky comedic character who would ultimately force me off the center stage.

She would have been more interesting if they turned her into a Yandere.

Yeah but when is the adorable loser turning into a yandere NOT more interesting?

It's been a while since I played FF5 but...

What 0_o

Krile Mayer Baldesion is the worst character to have ever been created in the entire Final Fantasy series. She trumps out Genesis Rhapsodos and Snow Villiers on sheer moxie alone.

Tabby

I never finished her S.Link. I feel bad because I was hanging out with her and helping her with her self esteem and then one day I just stopped talking to her. Did the same thing with Naoki, actually. I budgeted my time pretty poorly when I played through P4, the only non-party S.Links I finished were Nanako and Dojima.

Same here.
Ayane is the only social link I've never bothered with.
Well, her and Kenji from P3.

cj_iwakura

Just got back from Animate. The turnout for my panel was... well, underwhelming(especially since 'NAME THAT ANIME TUNE' got a full house afterward), but oh well.

I'm happy to share the panels, anyway. Is there a way to do so without screencapping and saving them as individual images?

Also, the best haul: I got an Elizabeth P4A figure. :D $30.

CorvoSol

Hahah I didn't play him wrong I was just bad at those things in the game :/ Funfact, though, I'm actually pretty good at most of that in real life except for cooking

Cooking is hard anyway.

"Surprisingly, you have the ingredients to make Kintoji Doji!"
"You brased the flambe and folded the foi gras over top of the shakyumani Buddha rolls, should you:
-Look this up in a Dictionary
-Take a wild guess at what you're supposed to do to make this alien cuisine
-Hope that Chie doesn't rub it in your face that you suck as bad as she does?"

Despite this Yu is still technically a competent cook since he manages to make Omelets where all three girls failed miserably.

Gazoinks

Cooking is hard anyway.

"Surprisingly, you have the ingredients to make Kintoji Doji!"
"You brased the flambe and folded the foi gras over top of the shakyumani Buddha rolls, should you:
-Look this up in a Dictionary
-Take a wild guess at what you're supposed to do to make this alien cuisine
-Hope that Chie doesn't rub it in your face that you suck as bad as she does?"

Despite this Yu is still technically a competent cook since he manages to make Omelets where all three girls failed miserably.

Gazoinks

I still don't get how someone could be bad at making an omelet. It's one of the easiest things in the world.

That's the joke! See also: Gintama.

At this point I think girls, especially overtly feminine ones, being unable to cook has actually eclipsed the trope it's supposed to be making fun of.

Sophia

It's pretty rote, and her design isn't waifu enough to make people look the other way on its quality.

Still better than Marie's social link. At least character development happens and not going around in circles.

I still don't get how someone could be bad at making an omelet. It's one of the easiest things in the world.

I've always found that trope kinda weird, because growing up in Michigan in a family that knows how to bake, being a Lethal Chef is pretty much a taboo. :p

At the very least, everyone knows how to cook the basics!

Jintor

omelettes are so goddamn easy though.

even if you burn them they're not lethal, and you'd have to be the least observant person in the world to let it burn for too long

Lunar15

One of them not being able to cook would have been funny. But all of them? That's just kind of ridiculous.

I did think it was funny that Yu was basically the only person who could cook, though.

Sophia

To be fair, they prepped the omelets just fine, it was just about the ingredients.

Even with Omlettes you can get away with adding ingredients that would be unusual but would still taste good. You'd have to add some truly nonsensical stuff to make them taste weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom