• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

fr04Jax.png

I'll just go sit in the corner for the next two years until I get a PS4.

Sophia

Nothing's 100% until it is.

Correct. Until it's announced, it's not 100%. Still, Thuway has a good track record. I can't say perfect given I don't keep complete track of all these leakers and who keeps leaks.

Still, I am extremely confident this is PS4 or PS3/PS4 now.

Lunar15

My theory about Persona HD Remix Bundle Collection could still be true, going off Thuway's intentionally vague post.

(or just P4G on PS4 PSN)

There are two kinds of people: People excited for snow, and people who have to shovel their own driveway.

Apply this metaphor to P5 on PS4.

People who are excited for it being on PS4 versus people who actually work for a living?

I don't recall anything specifically Japanese, but he reconfirmed the leaked Xbone specs, among other things.

If The Bird knows about XBone stuff, why would it also have insider information re: Sony products? Get your head in the game Sophia!

cjkeats

People who are excited for it being on PS4 versus people who actually work for a living?

If The Bird knows about XBone stuff, why would it also have insider information re: Sony products? Get your head in the game Sophia!

Something about snowblowers and being able to afford them.
Look, it's not a perfect metaphor okay I'm not a poet.

Lunar15

I'm taking this hype thing one step at a time. Let's just focus on P5 first, console is secondary in relevance to my interests.

Something about snowblowers and being able to afford them.
Look, it's not a perfect metaphor okay I'm not a poet.

Naw dawg, I feel you. Some of us have financial priorities/obligations so we don't exactly jump for joy when it comes to new console stuff. Persona 5 confirmed to be about the weariness of adulthood.

He's leaked PS4 info before (example) too, which turned out to be correct. Presumably, he is in a position to get info from both companies.

You mean... it's like a spy???

What's up personagaf? Since this is my first post evar on the gaf (thanks email for freaking updating me that I was validated to post two weeks ago) I figured I'd make it in the thread I'd been lurking in for over a year that involves my favorite video game series ever.

So yeah, Hype reaching critical mass right now. I have class at 7AM the day of the Cafe announcement, but damned if I'm gonna freaking sleep through it and miss it!

Look forward to, you know, arguing about S-links and whether or not P2 is the pinnacle of the series and whatnot. :3

Gazoinks

What's up personagaf? Since this is my first post evar on the gaf (thanks email for freaking updating me that I was validated to post two weeks ago) I figured I'd make it in the thread I'd been lurking in for over a year that involves my favorite video game series ever.

So yeah, Hype reaching critical mass right now. I have class at 7AM the day of the Cafe announcement, but damned if I'm gonna freaking sleep through it and miss it!

Look forward to, you know, arguing about S-links and whether or not P2 is the pinnacle of the series and whatnot. :3

Welcome! Now that I'm not a Junior anymore I feel like I can welcome new people without sounding like a hypocrite! xD

Dojima and Nanako are the best social links, P2 isn't the pinnacle of the series but does have one of the best casts.

It's weird how many first posts on Gaf end up in this thread. Mine was. I actually registered here because I was searching for Persona information and ended up in the OT here.

Come on, dawg, don't hate. You know we out here ballin'.

No hating broseph. I have no strong opinions re: consoles*, but I can understand how folks with different financial obligations will react differently to the platform.

*Actually my strong opinion re: consoles is laughing at people who get hecka mad about the 3DS.

You know, if I'm gonna be honest, this is probably right.

I loved Dojima's, he's probably my favorite as well, if it's not him then it's definitely Kanji's for me because, yes, I identified with the big burly tough guy that didn't want to be that and was having an identity crisis.

Hope it's not for PS4, don't want to adopt one while at Uni. Can barely afford 4 year old PS3 games.

Gazoinks

I loved Dojima's, he's probably my favorite as well, if it's not him then it's definitely Kanji's for me because, yes, I identified with the big burly tough guy that didn't want to be that and was having an identity crisis.

Oh yeah, Kanji's was also great. Favorite P4 character.

One of the things I really liked about the way Dojima's is written is that he appreciated brutal honesty. You scored more points with him if you called him out on stuff instead of just telling him what he wants to hear.

Oh yeah, Kanji's was also great. Favorite P4 character.

One of the things I really liked about the way Dojima's is written is that he appreciated brutal honesty. You scored more points with him if you called him out on stuff instead of just telling him what he wants to hear.

Exactly. It's basically about forcing him to finally move on
from the Anger stage of grief and get over his wife's death
so he can be more of a father to his daughter.

That's why I love these games. Everything is written so you can instantly and immediately identify with each character.

Moonlight

Banned
And yeah, that was great - particularly refreshing after P3 rewarded you for encouraging some people's self-destructive habits.

I think I'd put Nanako's Social Link over Dojima's, but only by a hair. Really, I think that one serves the other. What makes their social links for me, isn't just their standalone qualities (of which there are many), but how well they wind up playing off each other. Both Nanako and Dojima are struggling to find a middle-ground between each other, and get past the loss they've experienced, and going through one really helps add perspective to the other.

Gazoinks

And yeah, that was great - particularly refreshing after P3 rewarded you for encouraging some people's self-destructive habits.

I think I'd put Nanako's Social Link over Dojima's, but only by a hair. Really, I think that one serves the other. What makes their social links for me, isn't just their standalone qualities (of which there are many), but how well they wind up playing off each other. Both Nanako and Dojima are struggling to find a middle-ground between each other, and get past the loss they've experienced, and going through one really helps add perspective to the other.

Yeah, that's why I listed them together. They're great by themselves, but they're even better together.

Why do people do bad things? Nanako asks the hard questions/

jaxword

I can't see a logical reason to announce a new game when a new console just got released.

The game, even if announced today, wouldn't be out for a year or two.

Probability leans towards ps4.

Marche90

fr04Jax.png

I'll just go sit in the corner for the next two years until I get a PS4.

Suck if it was true. Wouldn't be able to get it for another two years.

At least it would suck if it was only for the ps4.

Eh, meet me at the station in a couple years.

Mind if I join you, guys?

Naw dawg, I feel you. Some of us have financial priorities/obligations so we don't exactly jump for joy when it comes to new console stuff. Persona 5 confirmed to be about the weariness of adulthood.

I'm not exactly happy with the news, tbh, though I still have faith for at least a PS3 version. If not... well... =/

Samyy

Does Thuway usually post a leak in three words and then proceed not to follow up?

What else does he need to say?
The fact that he hasn't been banned yet proves that the mods have accepted whatever evidence hes offered/agree with him. Or Bish is the only one who judges insiders, not sure.

PS4 persona doesn't mean it won't come out on PS3, like a bunch of other games.

Moonlight

Banned
What else does he need to say?
The fact that he hasn't been banned yet proves that the mods have accepted whatever evidence hes offered/agree with him. Or Bish is the only one who judges insiders, not sure.
Doesn't look framed as insider information to me, though.

Soriku

Umm aeana knows the platform(s) and hasn't said anything. Thuway is just saying what he wants it to be for...I honestly wouldn't beat your heads over every little thing too much.

CrazyDude

I can't see a logical reason to announce a new game when a new console just got released.

The game, even if announced today, wouldn't be out for a year or two.

Probability leans towards ps4.

I believe Persona 3 was announced in March 2006 and came out in July 2006.

Persona 4 was announced in December of 2007 and came out in Japan in July of 2008. It came out for the PS2.

Squire

Banned
Does Thuway usually post a leak in three words and then proceed not to follow up?

I'm shocked you've been a member for two years. You post like you don't even read the board.

Leaks aren't confessionals. You don't need much more than a few words, especially if the person is reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom