• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Zg8xZbj.gif

This .gif would even better with blushing sprite.

To everyone distressed by the PS4 rumor, isn't it sensible to think that P5 would come about 6 months-1 year or more from the announcement? Would it not be possible to acquire a PS4 by then?

To everyone distressed by the PS4 rumor, isn't it sensible to think that P5 would come about 6 months-1 year or more from the announcement? Would it not be possible to acquire a PS4 by then?

Given how I got a PS3 just a little short of two years ago and missed on quite a bit of the previous gen by only owning a Wii, I'm just gonna let the PS3 ride for a couple of years. Part of it is definitely money on my end for sure, but even then I'd wait until the PS4 has a larger library that I want. Right now the only exclusive for the platform I want is Second Son, and as awesome as it looks I'm still gonna wait quite a bit.

Caladrius

Quit pervin' out in here with your vibearators, you sickos.

Maybe. I don't think I'll be able to get one until Christmas next year though. The family has been a little hard on money for the past year and I have school to pay for. I'm sort-of hoping it's still a bit of a ways off.

I have a free Niconico account, but it looks like watching live streams requires a premium membership. If anyone here has one, we should set up a PersonaGAF public stream somewhere where we can all gather as the internet collapses under all this HYPE.

A little Off-Topic question for a second:

Since I'm not in with the jrpg crowd (except for this series obviously) I don't know much of the developments for Final Fantasy XV, how is SE handling this game in light of FFXIV tanking critically.

Asd202

Since I'm not in with the jrpg crowd (except for this series obviously) I don't know much of the developments for Final Fantasy XV, how is SE handling this game in light of FFXIV tanking critically.

You sure you wanted to post this here and not in FF Community thread?

Bearsona: Trinity Bear will be the story of the three Bearson brothers as they unravel th mystery of the Maribearto and the Bear Feathers...

Trigger

XIV is tanking critically? Seems well recieved to me. IIRC, there was some committee created to quality control the series, but I don't think we'll get a better idea of how FFXIII and XIV affected XV until after XV releases.

You sure you wanted to post this here and not in FF Community thread?

I don't wanna go over there, its dark...and cold...

You're right I should take my stupid questions to where a mod wouldn't slam me for asking them lol

XIV is tanking critically? Seems well recieved to me. IIRC, there was some committee created to quality control the series, but I don't think we'll get a better idea of how FFXIII and XIV affected XV until after XV releases.

haha I meant XIII, and the fact that it wasn't well received by the fans... shows how much I know haha

Caladrius

Goddamn, how many scales/figmas/nendoroids does Aigis have at this point?

They're creating an army of miniature androids to take over the world!

XIV was pushed out the door as soon as humanly possible, thinking that people would stomach it barely-finished. They've seen the blowback from that and would know better than to try it again, especially with a primarily offline game. Nomura is a competent director and a large chunk of the team is made up of a lot of people from Kingdom Hearts I and II, so I'm not concerned with the game ending up bad. BUT I CAN SPEAK NO FURTHER OF THIS.

What's up personagaf? Since this is my first post evar on the gaf (thanks email for freaking updating me that I was validated to post two weeks ago) I figured I'd make it in the thread I'd been lurking in for over a year that involves my favorite video game series ever.

So yeah, Hype reaching critical mass right now. I have class at 7AM the day of the Cafe announcement, but damned if I'm gonna freaking sleep through it and miss it!

Look forward to, you know, arguing about S-links and whether or not P2 is the pinnacle of the series and whatnot. :3

Welcome to the mental institution. thread! Enjoy the ride.

fertygo

Btw how much we could expect from DLC aspect in the next game?

I hope its not more than costume stuff frenzy, which is given.

Meia

Btw how much we could expect from DLC aspect in the next game?

I hope its not more than costume stuff frenzy, which is given.

I can see SMT IV being the route they take with DLC, which I'm ok with, more or less. While I can't see that working that well with modern Persona structure, we have no earthly idea what the hell P5 is even going to be like...

Dr. Buni

Where I live? No, it actually wouldn't. But even if it was, buying an expensive console just to play one game isn't exactly something I would like to do.

I can see SMT IV being the route they take with DLC, which I'm ok with, more or less. While I can't see that working that well with modern Persona structure, we have no earthly idea what the hell P5 is even going to be like...

If they go the SMTIV route, make sure your normal final bosses are satisfying enough, man those dlc ultimate bosses gave me the feeling that was missing from the normal final bosses.

Meia

If they go the SMTIV route, make sure your normal final bosses are satisfying enough, man those dlc ultimate bosses gave me the feeling that was missing from the normal final bosses.

See, this is why I still have to beat SMT IV, but things like this aren't exactly hyping me up to do so. :p

Still, ONTO EP!

Wait, what? Something's happening tomorrow? You guys are streaming something? Someone spell it out for me please I can bearly keep up.
Too many, and the lack of Yukari figures upsets me.

but here, have another one that releases..tomorrow.
Too many considering so many of them look off anyways. Though that one you posted and the Arena figma are cool beans.

Daimaou

See, this is why I still have to beat SMT IV, but things like this aren't exactly hyping me up to do so. :p

I haven't bought the DLC, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything when I got the Law and Neutral endings. (Haven't done Chaos)

The Neutral end is kind of abrupt, but it's not for lack of boss fights.

Still, ONTO EP!

They are good enough, but they side more with the (Persona Final Bosses spoilers)
Pandora/Izanami
side, instead of the
Great Father/Crawling Chaos/Nyx Avatar
side of the coin.

Protag

Banned
Im pretty sure Atlus will be going X-platform for P5, if this is the announcement on sunday.

If its not, and its announced farther into the future, then i can see it being PS4 only.

ugh just give us details already, damn.

Caladrius

Wait, what? Something's happening tomorrow? You guys are streaming something? Someone spell it out for me please I can bearly keep up.

Too many considering so many of them look off anyways. Though that one you posted and the Arena figma are cool beans.

Yo, Nico Nico Douga is streaming coolio shit for the homeboys who got summa dat mad moneys to shell out. It's a countdown to the end of the countdown before da end of the world, ya dig?

Also the SMT IV model was very annoying because the storyline for the DLCs was very barebones and felt like minor stuff that should have been in the base game. If it weren't for the bosses themselves I would have been angry.

Trigger

Unfortunately, Yukari is on the lesser side of popularity for P3 characters in Japan...Junpei too if I recall correctly.

Japan is awful. Yukari and Junpei are some of the best characters in P3. Only Aigis ranks above them and only because she got a whole epilogue centered around her.

Meia

Japan is awful. Yukari and Junpei are some of the best characters in P3. Only Aigis ranks above them and only because she got a whole epilogue centered around her.

It's tricky. I never really liked Yukari much, and the same was kind of true of Junpei, until P3P came out. That game, to me, really *really* helped out both of them.

Meia

And this wins everything, we're done here.

Honestly, the easiest way to get a console, at least in my experience, is to pre-order something at a gamestop and just pay it off over time. That's what I did with the Vita when P4G was announced(used the assassin's creed bundle), that's what I'll do with the PS4 if the absolute craziest possibility happens on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom