• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Based Chie and her glorious revenge cost her my vote.

Hanako is the funniest thing in this entire game. I never fail to laugh at Hanako's appearances.

Persona 4 is the game with too many costumes. Since my last trip to the TV I've acquired a Featherman set, a
Drag
set, a
wondrous towel set
and a Halloween costume set. Now if only I could also choose to equip Rise with costumes, too.

Also the sudden implication that
Nanako might be the next target
was downright terrifying. Because I mean,
self-esteem, jealousy, a desire to be bad, questioning one's sexuality, struggling with fame, nihilism, existentialism and frustration with being treated like a kid
are all kid's stuff next to the Biblical horde of emotional turmoil and despair that could be roiling beneath
Nanako's carefully maintained cheerful exterior.

Holy shit if this is going down the way it looks like its going to go down then November is going to be the Realest Month in the game.

Jintor

tumblr_mzl1s0KqzY1qdm0y0o1_500.jpg

THE VITA HAS A SCREENSHOT FUNCTION BUILT IN YOU PLEBIANS

Sophia

That prompt (and save) was added to Persona 4 Golden. It's nice; you don't have to rewatch a ton of cutscenes should you screw up in what follows.

CorvoSol

Hanako has amazing VA.

Also dat Yukiko Halloween outfit is the best.

Oh man Hanako's line "C'mere Tiger". I freaking died. Pairing her up with creepy molesto-teacher has only enhanced the both of them.

Meanwhile I think Kanji is my favorite party member. I mean, I identify most with Yosuke since I was never Ubermensch Yu and I towed the line too much to be Kanji, but Kanji is frickin' hilarious. Especially when even the game doesn't intend for him to be funny.

"I'll RENOVATE YOUR ASS."

Gazoinks

Oh man Hanako's line "C'mere Tiger". I freaking died. Pairing her up with creepy molesto-teacher has only enhanced the both of them.

Meanwhile I think Kanji is my favorite party member. I mean, I identify most with Yosuke since I was never Ubermensch Yu and I towed the line too much to be Kanji, but Kanji is frickin' hilarious. Especially when even the game doesn't intend for him to be funny.

I'm glad you've made the correct choice.

Acid08

Banned

*brofist*

Kanji tha gawd

CorvoSol

I'm glad you've made the correct choice.

I'm still split on which girl is really the best. On the one hand, Chie is possibly a better bro than Yosuke. But then Yukiko's interactions with Teddie are solid. And then there is Rise who, after Yosuke, has the best ideas in the entire group (and coming on too strong to her is always funny because she always tries to come on too strong to Yu.)

I don't know Naoto well enough to judge, but it's surprising how far I've come in liking Teddie since in the beginning I hated his empty guts.

Honestly I don't think that Persona excels at making a particularly compelling plot. I'd argue that Final Fantasy, even in her waning years, has that down of the big RPG names. What Persona does best is its cast. All of the characters are enjoyable and memorable. Except Marie, who is only memorable.

Jintor

kanji has some of the best dungeon/costume dialogue too.

Or any dialogue at all

tumblr_myan0msd671r2e4fto1_500.jpg

tumblr_myan0msd671r2e4fto2_500.jpg

The nighttime stuff is great, really gives you a small country town vibe. I personally like hanging out with Rise though.

Gazoinks

I'm still split on which girl is really the best. On the one hand, Chie is possibly a better bro than Yosuke. But then Yukiko's interactions with Teddie are solid. And then there is Rise who, after Yosuke, has the best ideas in the entire group (and coming on too strong to her is always funny because she always tries to come on too strong to Yu.)

I don't know Naoto well enough to judge, but it's surprising how far I've come in liking Teddie since in the beginning I hated his empty guts.

Honestly I don't think that Persona excels at making a particularly compelling plot. I'd argue that Final Fantasy, even in her waning years, has that down of the big RPG names. What Persona does best is its cast. All of the characters are enjoyable and memorable. Except Marie, who is only memorable.

Yeah, the games definitely shine on their excellent casts. The plots aren't bad or anything, but they're not particularly great. It's really a vehicle to drive character interactions, which are the real core of the series.

I honestly have a hard time rating the P4 characters. I like Kanji the most, but after that everyone's pretty equal. Also, make sure you finish Nanako and Dojima's S.Link. Best in the game, imo.

CorvoSol

Yeah, the games definitely shine on their excellent casts. The plots aren't bad or anything, but they're not particularly great. It's really a vehicle to drive character interactions, which are the real core of the series.

I honestly have a hard time rating the P4 characters. I like Kanji the most, but after that everyone's pretty equal. Also, make sure you finish Nanako and Dojima's S.Link. Best in the game, imo.

Kanji's just a lot of fun, I think. Like when I was like
"You're a man. Just let 'em dangle."
And he was like
"Yeah, you're right I- Haha no, we're in some deep shit here man."
But dressing him up as
Marilyn Monroe
was too much. I couldn't breathe.

I'm mad that they didn't do it right before (Late game P4 spoilers)
You pick a culprit. Would have been nice to not need to make a second save file that'll just be there, all useless, after I see the accomplice ending.

Rizzi

Welcome to Megaten my friend, because you just got.....
MEGATENED

Though seriosuly just use buffs and debuffs along with a proper team that work against his physicals and spells and you will do fine. You don't wanna leave yourself open to weakneses that he can exploit easily.

My team is terrible.

Gazoinks

Kanji's just a lot of fun, I think. Like when I was like
"You're a man. Just let 'em dangle."
And he was like
"Yeah, you're right I- Haha no, we're in some deep shit here man."
But dressing him up as
Marilyn Monroe
was too much. I couldn't breathe.

Best waifu

My team is terrible.

I think I got Matador down on my third try, and I was reduced to desperately spamming Lunge in hope he'd go down before I did. xD Get buffs. Buffs buffs buffs. And demons that aren't weak to whatever magic he uses.

Nachos

• Shadow Kanji (Whoever plays Kanji)
The only reason I listed Kanji and Shadow Kanji as two separate characters is because they're pretty drastically different, and not everyone has the range of Troy Baker. =P

Trombone is king, man. Don't let those trumpet playing egomaniacs drag you down.
Oh, I agree. I eventually came around to it, and aside from hearing the same shitty jokes all the time, I enjoyed playing it for eight years. Still would like to pick up something like the picollo singer or later, though.

Whenever you're ready to start recording, just send me the lines. The script is exactly this video.
Gigidigi shut down the account that originally hosted the comic, but you can also go here if you just want to scan for the lines. Sapphire clearly didn't get too hung up on replicating the original actors, so I'd think it'd be better not to hear their take so you come with something more your own and aren't affected subconsciously.

Squire

Banned

Gotta facepalm whenever someone does this.

That prompt (and save) was added to Persona 4 Golden. It's nice; you don't have to rewatch a ton of cutscenes should you screw up in what follows.

How considerate! Didn't know it was a new thing.

Things have only just begun to get real.

People talk a lot about P4's upbeat tone, but I personally prefer it, because it hits a lot harder when the game does dark.

Yep. I say this all the time.

Dantis

*snrk*

You are going to be forever remembered for that and the catsuit, Dantis. XD

I'll have to draw something even lewder to fix that, clearly.

I imagine most of us do. He's pretty normal.

Sophia

I don't identify with any character in Persona 4. They're all too realistic and normal. Especially Yukiko who is too much like me to be identified with.

Rizzi

Uh.. heh, whoops.
I swapped over to a US PSN account so I could play some of the games that didn't get a release over here.
Kinda sorta forgot to backup my P3P save.
There goes 30 hours..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom