• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, didn't a piece of concept art show it originally being masks or something?
Yeah that was one of Soejima's original ideas. Apparently most of the team didn't want the glasses at first but he fought for them and got them in the game.

Source: P4 Design Works interview

Nachos

The characters that only one person showed interest in are Chie, Yukiko, Shadow Teddie, Nanako, Naoto, Dojima, Kou, Daisuke, and Izanagi. Yosuke, Adachi and the Fox are also taken.

So basically, Kanji, Teddie, Rise, Igor, Yumi, Ayane and Mitsuo still need to be cast. If you are interested in playing any of these characters, please let me know and send in an audition!

So does that mean the more incidental characters like King Moron and the gas station attendant are already taken care of, or are you more just worried about the main characters?

So does that mean the more incidental characters like King Moron and the gas station attendant are already taken care of, or are you more just worried about the main characters?

I've got them covered, unless someone here really wants to play one of 'em (which is completely and totally okay).

I can't decide if this game is just WAY easier than SMT4 or playing SMT4 got me used to knowing what I needed to do in this game.

P4G is way easier than SMTIV. It is funny cuz some SMT fans are a little sour on SMTIV for being too easy, SMT3 Nocturne and SMT Strange Journey are much harder. :p

cj_iwakura

P4G is way easier than SMTIV. It is funny cuz some SMT fans are a little sour on SMTIV for being too easy, SMT3 Nocturne and SMT Strange Journey are much harder. :p

SMTIV is unbalanced. Soul Hackers, SJ, and Nocturne all stay consistently difficult. IV goes from really tough to kinda difficult to an absolute joke.

Caladrius

SMTIV is unbalanced. Soul Hackers, SJ, and Nocturne all stay consistently difficult. IV goes from really tough to kinda difficult to an absolute joke.

I'm of the opinion that it would have been more consistently hard if they had capped the stats. I should not being able to one-shot all of the game's bosses with a sufficiently powerful demon. (Though one could say it was my fault for making him in the first place.)

CorvoSol

Dude. SMT4 one wrong move and you're dead. Like the entire game. I was level 80 and level 15 monsters could still ruin my team if they got the jump on me. I've never played so unforgiving a game.

This is Kazzy we're talking about, she always has more of a reason than that...

Ah, well, it was all the more reason I needed.

So I'm almost to the
Beauty Pagaent
and while I figure I should probably vote for Rise since she's the one I'm a romancin', part of me, after seeing the way Yousuke completely burned the poor girl when explaining why he chose the others, wants to vote for Chie. Because honestly I kind of feel like poor Chie could stand to hear someone tell her she looks pretty.

But probably I will pick Hanako because you'd have to be fucking crazy not to choose an option as obviously hilarious as that.

I am excited for it.

Dude. SMT4 one wrong move and you're dead. Like the entire game. I was level 80 and level 15 monsters could still ruin my team if they got the jump on me. I've never played so unforgiving a game.

Then stay away from SMT 3 Nocturne and SMT Strange Journey at all costs!!!

cj_iwakura

I'm of the opinion that it would have been more consistently hard if they had capped the stats. I should not being able to one-shot all of the game's bosses with a sufficiently powerful demon. (Though one could say it was my fault for making him in the first place.)

They shouldn't have made bosses so susceptible to weaknesses. Or had more of them use stuff like Dekunda and Dekaja. That's what made Nocturne's vicious. Dekunda, Dekaja, die.

Sophia

SMT IV gets really easy for random encounters once you start getting demons and stuff from Tokyo. Once I got Blight on my main character everything just flatlined instantly. :D

Caladrius

Then stay away from SMT 3 Nocturne and SMT Strange Journey at all costs!!!

I need to extract Corvo's tears in order to power my kawaii dynamo.

He must play it.

(And I must finish it. >___>;)

They shouldn't have made bosses so susceptible to weaknesses. Or had more of them use stuff like Dekunda and Dekaja. That's what made Nocturne's vicious. Dekunda, Dekaja, die.

I found it really odd that they hardly used debuffs after a certain point, aside from the Fiends, (which were the only significantly challenging non-DLC enemies.)

CorvoSol

I think I should point out that the band scene in the game really cemented how well the characters in this game reflect my own circle of friends as a kid.

I have these two friends who remind me of Chie and Yukiko so much, and the funny thing is the one who remind me of Chie played Trumpet and the one who reminds me of Yukiko played the sax.

Personally I'm somewhere between Yosuke and Ayane. Especially the sucking at Trombone part.

Soriku

Megido just breaks SMT IV. Nocturne and SJ aren't that hard, but as stated their difficulty is a lot more consistent.

CorvoSol

Most gamebreaking ability in SMT 4 for me was Endure. Being able to survive the NUMEROUS bullshit OHKOs that enemies dealt out and recover to full health was what got me through the end of that game.

Nachos

Christ, I completely forgot about her. I'll have to see if I can get my ladyfriend to record her four or so lines real quick >_>

Okay, so I was reading the comic again, partly for fun and partly to see what roles I might be good for, and just decided to make a list for EVERYONE, extras included.
Important Roles/characters with multiple lines in bold:
  1. Narrator/Protagonist
  2. Rise
  3. Dojima
  4. Gas Station Attendant
  5. Nanako
  6. Police Officer on phone
  7. King Moron
  8. School PA announcer
  9. Chie
  10. Yukiko
  11. Yosuke
  12. Mitsuo
  13. Housewife #1
  14. Housewife #2
  15. Generic Kid
  16. Adachi
  17. Saki
  18. TV Announcer #1
  19. TV announcer #2
  20. Izanagi
  21. Teddie
  22. Saki's Dad
  23. Igor
  24. Yosuke's dad
  25. Margaret
  26. Kou
  27. Daisuke
  28. Apple
  29. Disembodied voice who says "IT's SYMBOLIC~"
  30. Fox
  31. Yumi
  32. Drama Student Extra
  33. Kanji
  34. Naoto
  35. Shadow Kanji
  36. Shadow Teddie
If you've could update that with who you've got planned for which role, that'd be great. I'll try PMing another audition in a bit for Shadow Teddie, Igor, Izanagi, and possibly Kanji/Mitsuo if I believe I can portray them convincingly enough. I'll also try to get my sister off her lazy butt and finally send you a Naoto audition.

EMT0

Banned
My vote for broken ability goes to Critical Wave and its lower power variants. Once you know what's immune to or repels physical, nothing stops the death train. Nothing at all.

CorvoSol

My vote for broken ability goes to Critical Wave and its lower power variants. Once you know what's immune to or repels physical, nothing stops the death train. Nothing at all.

I never even bothered with physical. Playing the magical odds in favor of gaining more turns was where it was at.

Nachos

You guys, I'm starting to realize that I was basically a gender bent Ayane as I was growing up. Funny how things happen when you don't get to play the flute in band. I mean, sure the trombone is great and all, but ya gotta follow your heart's calling sometimes, and it's a bummer when you can't.

OpenOffice. No option, sadly. I'll just upload it, so download away.

https://www.mediafire.com/?4ckgjg4ar5q5lvh

So, what would be the best way to get involved in this sort of thing? I have a bit of computer knowledge from when I thought I might major in computer engineering a while ago and have some experience editing things in a professional setting (not for translated stuff), but what do you think might be the best way to get one's feet wet with this stuff? Could Iwakura Productions use another hand?

FireSol

44c18aaa22e2.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
I've spent the last thirty minutes trying to fuse the Bishamonten I want in P3P. Thirty minutes. To get four skills on him at the same time. Mindlessly pressing O and X until I hit gold. I see no end in sight. I'd say about five or six hours of my total playtime of this run of P3P has been spent shuffling skills. If this were P4G, I'd have finished already and be half-way done this block of Tartarus.

Whoever misses this, you are actually crazy.

Okay, so I was reading the comic again, partly for fun and partly to see what roles I might be good for, and just decided to make a list for EVERYONE, extras included.

1. Narrator/Protagonist (ScraftyDevil)
  2. Rise (Uncast)
  3. Dojima (Jintor)
  4. Gas Station Attendant (ScraftyDevil)
  5. Nanako (HeavenSmiley's sister)
  6. Police Officer on phone (ScraftyDevil)
  7. King Moron (Uncast/ScraftyDevil)
  8. School PA announcer (ScraftyDevil)
  9. Chie (StarSketch)
  10. Yukiko (StarSketch)
  11. Yosuke (PK Gaming)
  12. Mitsuo (Uncast)
  13. Housewife #1 (Uncast)
  14. Housewife #2 (Uncast)
  15. Generic Kid (ScraftyDevil)
  16. Adachi (RebelDwebble)
  17. Saki (Uncast)
  18. TV Announcer #1 (Uncast/SD)
  19. TV announcer #2 (Uncast/SD)
  20. Izanagi (HeavenSmiley)
  21. Teddie (Uncast)
  22. Saki's Dad (Uncast/SD)
  23. Igor (HeavenSmiley)
  24. Yosuke's dad (PK Gaming)
  25. Margaret (Uncast)
  26. Kou (Moonlight)
  27. Daisuke (TheTrueSelf)
  28. Apple (Uncast)
  29. Disembodied voice who says "IT's SYMBOLIC~" (ScraftyDevil)
  30. Fox (RebelDwebble)
  31. Yumi (Uncast)
  32. Drama Student Extra (Uncast)
  33. Kanji (Uncast)
  34. Naoto (HeavenSmiley's sister)
  35. Shadow Kanji (Whoever plays Kanji)
  36. Shadow Teddie (LX_Theo/HeavenSmiley [It's a tough pick])

Acid08

Banned
I've spent the last thirty minutes trying to fuse the Bishamonten I want in P3P. Thirty minutes. To get four skills on him at the same time. Mindlessly pressing O and X until I hit gold. I see no end in sight. I'd say about five or six hours of my total playtime of this run of P3P has been spent shuffling skills. If this were P4G, I'd have finished already and be half-way done this block of Tartarus.

Totally agree. I think there was someone in here saying that the cancel and redo fusion stuff was part of the fun. FUCK NO IT ISN'T.

CorvoSol

You guys, I'm starting to realize that I was basically a gender bent Ayane as I was growing up. Funny how things happen when you don't get to play the flute in band. I mean, sure the trombone is great and all, but ya gotta follow your heart's calling sometimes, and it's a bummer when you can't.

So, what would be the best way to get involved in this sort of thing? I have a bit of computer knowledge from when I thought I might major in computer engineering a while ago and have some experience editing things in a professional setting (not for translated stuff), but what do you think might be the best way to get one's feet wet with this stuff? Could Iwakura Productions use another hand?

Trombone is king, man. Don't let those trumpet playing egomaniacs drag you down.

PK Gaming

I've challenge buddha to an avatar bet!!!

Terms: (MAJOR PERSONA 4 SPOILERS)
-If the P4 killer is playable character in the newest Persona 4 Arena game, then I win
-Has to be on console release, post game DLC does not count
-Must be playable, if he's just a boss then it doesn't count

Rules:

-Winner gets to choose the losers avatar for one month
-Dantis's law: no backing out

I thought I missed it. I started playing The Answer again. I no longer miss it.

Gazoinks

Seriously. After playing SMTIV, it's going to be slightly painful going back.

That being said, the one thing I do miss from the old fusion system is the experimental feel of sticking together two demons and seeing what you get instead of selecting from a list of fuseable demons. But that's a pretty minor thing.

FluxWaveZ

I've challenge buddha to an avatar bet!!!

Terms: (MAJOR PERSONA 4 SPOILERS)
-If the P4 killer is playable character in the newest Persona 4 Arena game, then I win
-Has to be on console release, post game DLC does not count
-Must be playable, if he's just a boss then it doesn't count

Rules:

-Winner gets to choose the losers avatar for one month
-Dantis's law: no backing out

- The portrait of the character in question has approximately the same dimensions as all of the other P4A vs. character portraits.

- Aforementioned portrait is deliberately facing left. This wouldn't mean much, except for the fact that every single P4A character vs. portrait is facing left in official art.

- I believe the only P4A character portraits that are looking in a very specific direction are vs. character portraits, with very few exceptions (the only ones in the story I can think of are Mitsuru who has a tendency to look at the character she is talking to).

- The portrait in question is extremely detailed for a character that wouldn't be playable. Neither Rise, Fuuka or General Teddie—the original P4A NPCs—have portraits like that.

- If the character is supposed to be important to P4A2's story, it's not as though the character being playable would be out of place.

- It'd be rather odd to tease an NPC at the end of a preview trailer for a fighting game like that, wouldn't it?

The only real point that would go against the character not being playable is that their sprite was already revealed and didn't lend one to believe that the character would be playable.

I'd say the wheel of fortune is on your side for the moment, but who wins if the character gets added to the arcade version before the console release?

I can't finish SMT 3. I got stuck at Matador. :(
Stupid skeleton..
Welcome to Megaten my friend, because you just got.....
MEGATENED

Though seriosuly just use buffs and debuffs along with a proper team that work against his physicals and spells and you will do fine. You don't wanna leave yourself open to weakneses that he can exploit easily.

PK Gaming

- The portrait of the character in question has approximately the same dimensions as all of the other P4A vs. character portraits.

- Aforementioned portrait is deliberately facing left. This wouldn't mean much, except for the fact that every single P4A character vs. portrait is facing left in official art.

- I believe the only P4A character portraits that are looking in a very specific direction are vs. character portraits, with very few exceptions (the only ones in the story I can think of are Mitsuru who has a tendency to look at the character she is talking to).

- The portrait in question is extremely detailed for a character that wouldn't be playable. Neither Rise, Fuuka or General Teddie—the original P4A NPCs—have portraits like that.

- If the character is supposed to be important to P4A2's story, it's not as though the character being playable would be out of place.

- It'd be rather odd to tease an NPC at the end of a preview trailer for a fighting game like that, wouldn't it?

The only real point that would go against the character not being playable is that their sprite was already revealed and didn't lend one to believe that the character would be playable.

I'd say the wheel of fortune is on your side for the moment, but who wins if the character gets added to the arcade version before the console release?

Huehue its a slam dunk ♪

I win if they get added before the console release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom